Teambalance "Abuse" Clarification...

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.
Cryflex

Teambalance "Abuse" Clarification...

Post by Cryflex » Thu 02 Jun , 2016 6:20 pm

Hi,

So I was in a map earlier and before the game started, so while in the practice round I spectated because I had to do some work quickly and I didn't want to be sitting there afk for 10~ mins...

I finished what I had to do and I asked if I could join back in and play but, I explained everything and even the person who got switched was okay with me rejoining but Eiforia who we all know hates me wouldn't let me join...

So you'd rather have people join and afk for 10mins? I left to make it as fair as possible for people so I wasn't teamhampering by being afk and did it before the game even started so it's not like I was abusing the teams.

My questions are:
  • If I spectate in practice round, come back 10~ mins later am I allowed to rejoin?
  • If the person who got switched is okay with me joining in, am I allowed to rejoin?
  • Would you rather me spectate or idle and be afk...
I'd greatly appreciate some clarification on this, just like a previous post I needed clarification and thankfully a normal member dropped me a private message explaining it in detail.
Successfully defeated Hamish twice with 7 day bans, without even posting even with him having admin "friends".(2016)

ILoveTheNorth

Re: Teambalance "Abuse" Clarification...

Post by ILoveTheNorth » Thu 02 Jun , 2016 6:42 pm

Cryflex wrote:Hi,

So I was in a map earlier and before the game started, so while in the practice round I spectated because I had to do some work quickly and I didn't want to be sitting there afk for 10~ mins...

I finished what I had to do and I asked if I could join back in and play but, I explained everything and even the person who got switched was okay with me rejoining but Eiforia who we all know hates me wouldn't let me join...

So you'd rather have people join and afk for 10mins? I left to make it as fair as possible for people so I wasn't teamhampering by being afk and did it before the game even started so it's not like I was abusing the teams.

My questions are:
  • If I spectate in practice round, come back 10~ mins later am I allowed to rejoin?
  • If the person who got switched is okay with me joining in, am I allowed to rejoin?
  • Would you rather me spectate or idle and be afk...
I'd greatly appreciate some clarification on this, just like a previous post I needed clarification and thankfully a normal member dropped me a private message explaining it in detail.
2b) If a player is switched by the balancer as a result of your spectating, you may not rejoin the game without admin permission. Similarly, if it is suspected that you are reconnecting to the server in order to switch players and manipulate the balancer, action will be taken.

The above rule should pretty much answer all your questions, apart from the last one, which I will answer with: We would rather you left UT2004 and the forums permanently.

Thanks.

P.S - No one really gives a shit as to why you were AFK for 10 mins.

Cryflex

Post by Cryflex » Thu 02 Jun , 2016 6:53 pm

Yes, well done you can recite the rules. The difference is this was in the practice round as I can't spectate before the practice round and it's not like I was rejoining immediately so it's not abusing the teambalancer.

How's your ban, I see people praying for hamish and at least you have the company of Eiforia :) :roll:
Successfully defeated Hamish twice with 7 day bans, without even posting even with him having admin "friends".(2016)

ILoveTheNorth

Post by ILoveTheNorth » Thu 02 Jun , 2016 6:59 pm

Cryflex wrote:Yes, well done you can recite the rules. The difference is this was in the practice round as I can't spectate before the practice round and it's not like I was rejoining immediately so it's not abusing the teambalancer.

How's your ban, I see people praying for hamish and at least you have the company of Eiforia :) :roll:
You clearly can't interpret the rules then, and there isn't much anyone here can do for you.

Practice round doesn't mean shit you dumb fuck. You clearly said that someone got switched as a result of you spectating did you not? Now read the rules again. IF A PLAYER IS SWITCHED BY THE BALANCER AS A RESULT OF YOUR SPECTATING, YOU MAY NOT REJOIN THE GAME WITHOUT ADMIN PERMISSION.

P.S - Nothing beats #PrayForCryflex. I mean it was practically trending.
Last edited by ILoveTheNorth on Thu 02 Jun , 2016 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eiforia
Piska

Post by Eiforia » Thu 02 Jun , 2016 7:06 pm

Inb4 Crycry blames Hamish in evading ban.

ONLY TODAY WITH SCREENSHOTS
"I shall listen to Roy Orbison - "It's Over" in memory of Hamish" - Azarael

Cryflex

Post by Cryflex » Thu 02 Jun , 2016 7:18 pm

ILoveTheNorth wrote:
Cryflex wrote:Yes, well done you can recite the rules. The difference is this was in the practice round as I can't spectate before the practice round and it's not like I was rejoining immediately so it's not abusing the teambalancer.

You clearly can't interpret the rules then, and there isn't much anyone here can do for you.

Practice round doesn't mean shit you dumb fuck. You clearly said that someone got switched as a result of you spectating did you not? Now read the rules again. IF A PLAYER IS SWITCHED BY THE BALANCER AS A RESULT OF YOUR SPECTATING, YOU MAY NOT REJOIN THE GAME WITHOUT ADMIN PERMISSION.

That is why I am asking for clarification from administrators of whom are mature enough to discuss and explain without being immature like Eiforia just was, as per usual.

Exactly, practice round doesn't mean shit. Therefore me switching in the practice round doesn't mean shit, therefore no problem.

ILoveTheNorth

Post by ILoveTheNorth » Thu 02 Jun , 2016 7:23 pm

Cryflex wrote:
ILoveTheNorth wrote:

That is why I am asking for clarification from administrators of whom are mature enough to discuss and explain without being immature like Eiforia just was, as per usual.

Exactly, practice round doesn't mean shit. Therefore me switching in the practice round doesn't mean shit, therefore no problem.
Practice round doesn't mean shit in terms of it's bearing on the whole game. Practice round still means that the game has started.

Furthermore you didn't just "switch in the practice round", you were spectating, which caused someone to switch, therefore not allowing you to join without an admin's permission. Why is this so hard to understand?

Stop wasting everyone's time and go play with your 1:16 scale F1 car.

Cryflex

Post by Cryflex » Thu 02 Jun , 2016 7:28 pm

ILoveTheNorth wrote:Practice round doesn't mean shit in terms of it's bearing on the whole game. Practice round still means that the game has started.

Furthermore you didn't just "switch in the practice round", you were spectating, which caused someone to switch, therefore not allowing you to join without an admin's permission. Why is this so hard to understand?

I'm not wasting anyones time, if you feel it's wasting your time. Simply don't read or post, it is that simple!

I am asking administrators in regards to this specific situation, not you.

I don't have a 1:16 scale F1 car, I'd like one though :)

ILoveTheNorth

Post by ILoveTheNorth » Thu 02 Jun , 2016 7:34 pm

Cryflex wrote:
ILoveTheNorth wrote:Practice round doesn't mean shit in terms of it's bearing on the whole game. Practice round still means that the game has started.

I'm not wasting anyones time, if you feel it's wasting your time. Simply don't read or post, it is that simple!

I am asking administrators in regards to this specific situation, not you.

I don't have a 1:16 scale F1 car, I'd like one though :)
When you get the same replies from the rest of the Admins, please go crawl back under the rock you came from and castrate yourself, so there is no chance of any future lineage from the Cryflex dynasty.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 02 Jun , 2016 7:35 pm

Hamish m8, he was asking the admins for clarification, why are you even posting here.

You're doing nothing but antagonizing him.