Combat Defibrilators

For discussion of gameplay and weapon balance. This is a discussion forum and post quality is moderated.
iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: Combat Defibrilators

Post by iRobot » Thu 10 Oct , 2013 3:43 pm

Butcher wrote:
iRobot wrote: It's not fun to use something that is game breaking.
Does this mean you do not have fun when you use Rail Gun in maps as Toy story through the walls ? It is of course "game breaking"...
PS: sorry for the off-topic, but the quote is in this thread!
The railgun is intended to shoot through walls. The defibs were not intended to give you invulnerability.

So I don't see the comparison

O=

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Thu 10 Oct , 2013 4:05 pm

iRobot wrote: The railgun is intended to shoot through walls. The defibs were not intended to give you invulnerability.

O=
Don't shock yourself, is not a comparison is a statement!
Let me be more explicit for you: It is in your mind correct when you use a weapon in your advantage but not when the others use it in their advantage! You were pissed of the diffibs cause there were many players effectively using this running advantage (intended or not), but you do not realize that you use the Rail gun advantage to hide in a hard to reach place in the maps, and scope for moving ducks. There is no way to counter this, because to reach your position you need to go through the complete map as a duck, and all the other teammates are in the path... And then the one that reaches you have to fight you when you are fully boosted and with KS weapons (if you are alone)... but of course you don't see the issue cause is in your own convenience. Because is intended.. In my opinion is not fair play, just farming and "Game Breaking". You are exploiting vulnerabilities..
Maybe with the invulnerability of the deffibs someone could reach you...

Rift city... Same shit different Ass!!!
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 10 Oct , 2013 4:16 pm

I agree that it's a very cowardly tactic and I look down upon anyone who does it.

It is because people stand still, assuming they are safe, that it is so effective. If people moved normally, I wouldn't hit most of the shots.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Thu 10 Oct , 2013 4:32 pm

iRobot wrote:I agree that it's a very cowardly tactic and I look down upon anyone who does it.

It is because people stand still, assuming they are safe, that it is so effective. If people moved normally, I wouldn't hit most of the shots.
We agree is for COWARDS ... but I seriously doubt you look down upon yourself... and btw the only way someone will do something about it is if you (Robot) would nag about it.. like you did for the deffibs ... some other examples you may follow in the forum...
PS: People need to stand still to aim with sights... when you move with a sniper scope the aim goes crazy (at least in my case)...
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 10 Oct , 2013 4:58 pm

Butcher wrote:
iRobot wrote:I agree that it's a very cowardly tactic and I look down upon anyone who does it.

We agree is for COWARDS ... but I seriously doubt you look down upon yourself... and btw the only way someone will do something about it is if you (Robot) would nag about it.. like you did for the deffibs ... some other examples you may follow in the forum...
PS: People need to stand still to aim with sights... when you move with a sniper scope the aim goes crazy (at least in my case)...
I don't know where this notion of Aza is wrapped around my pinky finger comes from. Even with the defibs I was asking him for around 6 months to look at them.

He only acknowledged they were faulty after I went onto the LDG test server and showed him in person.

He makes changes based on his own opinions, not mine.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Thu 10 Oct , 2013 10:07 pm

iRobot wrote: He only acknowledged they were faulty after I went onto the LDG test server and showed him in person.

He makes changes based on his own opinions, not mine.
I completely agree.

Michie
Banned

Post by Michie » Sat 21 Dec , 2013 4:07 am

iRobot wrote:
Butcher wrote:
iRobot wrote: It's not fun to use something that is game breaking.
Does this mean you do not have fun when you use Rail Gun in maps as Toy story through the walls ? It is of course "game breaking"...
PS: sorry for the off-topic, but the quote is in this thread!
The railgun is intended to shoot through walls. The defibs were not intended to give you invulnerability.

O=
Me either. However Robot you proved today what the rail gun can do. You could have ruined a whole map for us today with it. You left cause you knew it was to easy and I think it was to prove a point. Rail should not be able to shoot threw walls .Maybe one but not an whole dam building with many walls. You and Checkmate are Brutal with this .As for Defibs I use to heal. However they always don't work after spawn, I know you need to run around a bit. But it be nice if once we respawn they worked to help heal our team mates.. Not everyone can play like the Pros/Elite. Rail and Defibs need some work in my book.Just my Thoughts .=

CaptainXavious
V.I.P. Member

Post by CaptainXavious » Sat 21 Dec , 2013 9:46 am

Defibs heal best by straight up punching team mates with primary swings, using absolutely no energy.

Skaldy
V.I.P. Member

Post by Skaldy » Sat 21 Dec , 2013 3:16 pm

Have to agree with Michie about rail thermal - it shouldn't be able to see as far, or through multiple walls.

Regarding defibs, It could be my imagination (or the effect of these festive spirits) but defib damage can sometimes occur at a significant distance from the wielding player.

I'm sure I've seen players disrupted, at a length more than the standard player height, which seems a bit much.