Combat Defibrilators

For discussion of gameplay and weapon balance. This is a discussion forum and post quality is moderated.
Calypto

Re: Combat Defibrilators

Post by Calypto » Sat 17 Aug , 2013 2:49 am

I know the reason they are so good but I will leave Aza to figure it out himself.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Sat 17 Aug , 2013 10:24 am

Calypto wrote:I know the reason they are so good but I will leave Aza to figure it out himself.
+500 deaths if Aza fails to figure it out or is not told by Wednesday.
trollface

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 17 Aug , 2013 11:53 am

Test is up at ut2004://37.59.16.144:10140

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 17 Aug , 2013 12:23 pm

Defibs were broken indeed.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sat 17 Aug , 2013 12:29 pm

Also @;
Butcher wrote: I just wonder, why don't you use them if they are that good? .=
They were just broken beyond belief. It's not fun to use something that is game breaking.

LittleBunny

Post by LittleBunny » Sun 18 Aug , 2013 1:14 am

The fact that the combat defibrillators is so widely used, doesn't per definition mean it's OP. In my view, it's so commonly used because there are very limited options to heal/ increase rate of thaw. In fact, it's now the only option in the slot. If I recall correctly, when the medicinal aerosol was in the same slot, the choice of players in that slot was better spread. But now, players are left with only one option.
The reason why I hope no drastic change would be made, is that it could affect the team element. I enjoy this server very much because of the team effort. I'm afraid that this change, and other changes, could affect that team element of the server. Maybe it becomes more and more viable to play FREON solo instead of team play. For example: without the combat defibrillators it wouldn't be so sensible to thaw n00bs anymore. In my opinion the current defibrillators makes the server a bit more n00b-friendly.
IMO, I would encourage team play and healing/thawing of team players instead of limiting those options.

(As you can see, my English isn't that great. Please ignore the grammatical mistakes)

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sun 18 Aug , 2013 11:36 am

LittleBunny wrote:The fact that the combat defibrillators is so widely used, doesn't per definition mean it's OP. In my view, it's so commonly used because there are very limited options to heal/ increase rate of thaw. In fact, it's now the only option in the slot. If I recall correctly, when the medicinal aerosol was in the same slot, the choice of players in that slot was better spread. But now, players are left with only one option.
The reason why I hope no drastic change would be made, is that it could affect the team element. I enjoy this server very much because of the team effort. I'm afraid that this change, and other changes, could affect that team element of the server. Maybe it becomes more and more viable to play FREON solo instead of team play. For example: without the combat defibrillators it wouldn't be so sensible to thaw n00bs anymore. In my opinion the current defibrillators makes the server a bit more n00b-friendly.
IMO, I would encourage team play and healing/thawing of team players instead of limiting those options.

(As you can see, my English isn't that great. Please ignore the grammatical mistakes)
The healing is fine, and hasn't been changed. You can still team play with it :)

It was the shield - it was bugged so that it lasted forever on fast hitting weapons.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 10 Oct , 2013 1:16 pm

Has anyone noticed a massive decline in the usage of these since they were fixed to no longer give complete immunity?

.=

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Thu 10 Oct , 2013 3:29 pm

iRobot wrote:Has anyone noticed a massive decline in the usage of these since they were fixed to no longer give complete immunity?

.=
I still use them the same... I tried some knifes too. The only decline is the running away with them. They seem to heal slower, but you are defenseless when thawing. Now is better to use the invincible shield. Run with it and change to a gun shoot, change back...Aza was doing that the last days, seems very effective cause there were some 3-4 of us shooting at him and he managed to kill us all. And no, we were not all noobs.. Gena (Rat), me .. and some other guys I don't recall cause they were behind me...
iRobot wrote: It's not fun to use something that is game breaking.
Does this mean you do not have fun when you use Rail Gun in maps as Toy story through the walls ? It is of course "game breaking"...
PS: sorry for the off-topic, but the quote is in this thread!
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 10 Oct , 2013 3:38 pm

I actually shield with sandbags :D