E-23 'ViPeR' Plasma Rifle

For discussion of gameplay and weapon balance. This is a discussion forum and post quality is moderated.

What should the E-23 have?

Buffed DMG
7%
More ranges of Firemodes
7%
Healing Beam
13%
Keep it the same
73%

Total votes: 15

Jiffy
Azra is a Hippie

E-23 'ViPeR' Plasma Rifle

Post by Jiffy » Sun 22 Sep , 2013 9:41 am

One of the most underused weapons of all time. Aside it's awesome name (!), it hasn't changed much in months. Has a range of firemodes and a beam, with a night-vision scope. I think its beam should heal, like the HMC Beam Cannon. If not, then it's just another of the unused weapons.

(LK-05 Carbine, E-23 ViPeR, XRS-10 Pistol, AH-250 Hawk, PS-9M, Stimpack.)

.=

Capaco

Re: E-23 'ViPeR' Plasma Rifle

Post by Capaco » Sun 22 Sep , 2013 11:52 am

it changed a lot in last months just saying Derp. When i remembered correct, it is now the same hip as srs 600 and the normal hip spam changes.

You cant spam it anymore, so no one uses it (=

SO...no changes..

3 days Derp, see you soon

Definitelynotjay

Post by Definitelynotjay » Sun 22 Sep , 2013 12:13 pm

with more firemodes the viper could become a wep that lots of people may use
add some bombs or mines and a healing beam (because that would be usefull as well) and im sure people would use it (i know i would)
You see a mouse trap, I see free cheese and a fucking challenge.
They will try to kill you. Kill them back.

Jiffy
Azra is a Hippie

Post by Jiffy » Sun 22 Sep , 2013 12:17 pm

Capaco wrote:it changed a lot in last months just saying Derp. When i remembered correct, it is now the same hip as srs 600 and the normal hip spam changes.

You cant spam it anymore, so no one uses it (=

SO...no changes..

3 days Derp, see you soon
You could spam the beam, there is no overheat, not sure if there is still push/pull.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sun 22 Sep , 2013 1:36 pm

Close range: Multi shot
Mid range: Default / Laser
Long range: Sniper shot / Laser

Who needs other weapons?

fts

Mecha
V.I.P. Member

Post by Mecha » Sun 22 Sep , 2013 2:28 pm

More damage: please not. It would turn it into a farmer's hoe. It's no fun when there is no challenge in killing.

More ranges of firemodes: why would you need more ranges when the VPR covers the 3 basic ranges already?

Healing Beam: it would turn the VPR into a full-fledged all-purpose weapon replacement. That's unnecessary.

With the following weapons I agree that they're underused with assumptions why:

XRS-10 Pistol: it is like a little brother of XK2. XK2 offers faster firerate, greater magazine, more stable fire and most importantly... lucky headshots on the fly. XRS-10 doesn't have these features.

AH-250 Hawk: slow firerate, not enough damage and practically no headshot-luck-factor on hipfire. Melee on a pistol is not used when there is the X4 knife or nano.

PS-9M: not enough damage for a spammer's standards and leaving out the fact that you can heal yourself with this thing without side effects unlike...

...the Stimpack: used by... skilled people only? The stimpack is not camper friendly and has a harmful health decay over the time. So why trade away 2 instant-kill grenades or a grenade with searing plasma for mere HP that you'll lose fore sure? Also, it delivers decent melee damage.
↑ ↓ A A B ← → A B ↑ A ↓ → → ← B ↑ ← A → B ← → A ← ↑ A ↓ A → ← B Select

I did it. Can you?

CaptainXavious
V.I.P. Member

Post by CaptainXavious » Sun 22 Sep , 2013 8:20 pm

Stimpack is useful for getting out of a fight and getting some proxy healing. Your boosted health is likely to heal others through proxy before your health starts to decay as an added bonus.

It may very well need some work but I'm kind of a fan of it.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Sun 22 Sep , 2013 11:40 pm

It's too bad this poll means absolutely nothing.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 23 Sep , 2013 10:31 am

I think the multi shot mode needs work, I find the series to be better for close range, to the point where multi is never used.

Definitely doesn't need any additional features however.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Mon 23 Sep , 2013 3:29 pm

Mecha wrote:More damage: please not. It would turn it into a farmer's hoe. It's no fun when there is no challenge in killing.

More ranges of firemodes: why would you need more ranges when the VPR covers the 3 basic ranges already?

Healing Beam: it would turn the VPR into a full-fledged all-purpose weapon replacement. That's unnecessary.

With the following weapons I agree that they're underused with assumptions why:

XRS-10 Pistol: it is like a little brother of XK2. XK2 offers faster firerate, greater magazine, more stable fire and most importantly... lucky headshots on the fly. XRS-10 doesn't have these features.

AH-250 Hawk: slow firerate, not enough damage and practically no headshot-luck-factor on hipfire. Melee on a pistol is not used when there is the X4 knife or nano.

PS-9M: not enough damage for a spammer's standards and leaving out the fact that you can heal yourself with this thing without side effects unlike...

...the Stimpack: used by... skilled people only? The stimpack is not camper friendly and has a harmful health decay over the time. So why trade away 2 instant-kill grenades or a grenade with searing plasma for mere HP that you'll lose fore sure? Also, it delivers decent melee damage.
I agree with Mecha, do not change the VIPER or the XRS-10.
VPR: I use it often as it is. You have to be careful in small places or short range cause it has self damage.
XRS10: I use it very often, specially in combination to a long range or sniper. And not in all maps, but as it is very powerful in short range.
The others,
AH250: Sucks, is in my concept the worst pistol in the stack.
PS-9M: have not tried it.
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)