E-23 'ViPeR' Plasma Rifle

For discussion of gameplay and weapon balance. This is a discussion forum and post quality is moderated.

What should the E-23 have?

Buffed DMG
7%
More ranges of Firemodes
7%
Healing Beam
13%
Keep it the same
73%

Total votes: 15

taries

Re: E-23 'ViPeR' Plasma Rifle

Post by taries » Mon 23 Sep , 2013 8:56 pm

PS-9M should deserve larger magazine or more damage

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Tue 24 Sep , 2013 9:27 am

VPR could improve the sniper mode: Maybe by allowing more zoom in the scope, or by having a higher projectile speed. You can't hit anything far away in movement.
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Capaco

Post by Capaco » Tue 24 Sep , 2013 11:50 pm

yes butcher is correct , speed of the sniper shots are so bad. u can just hit guys by pretending where he moves...instead to get a easy hit with "normal snipers", but well therefor it has other fire modes, which other snipers dont have, so its good i guess .=

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Wed 25 Sep , 2013 5:02 am

Ok, let's dissect the Viper and see what it is capable of.

Series Pulse: Very effective in medium to close ranges; fast firespeed, good damage.
Multi Pulse: Extremely effective in close range. If you manage to land all projectiles, death can be guaranteed in many occasions. Requires good tracking to land hits.
Sniper Pulse: Not very effective for long range due to projectiles, but it will gain damage the longer the projectile travels. It does good damage assuming you are able to track movement.
Alternative fire: Essentially good to finish off players with low health, such as after the Multi or Sniper pulse firemodes. Making it a healing beam would render the HMC useless because the Viper is virtually effective in all ranges already.

Open your eyes to see what the Viper really is has to offer.

As for the LK-05, it's a great gun, it's used by many. The XRS-10 loses damage over range, but has extremely high damage in close range, bretty gud bun. AH-250 does massive damage, but there's one drawback: it's not good for highpingers.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Wed 25 Sep , 2013 10:54 am

Calypto wrote:Ok, let's dissect the Viper and see what it is capable of.
Series Pulse: Very effective in medium to close ranges; fast firespeed, good damage.
Multi Pulse: Extremely effective in close range. If you manage to land all projectiles, death can be guaranteed in many occasions. Requires good tracking to land hits.
Sniper Pulse: Not very effective for long range due to projectiles, but it will gain damage the longer the projectile travels. It does good damage assuming you are able to track movement.
Alternative fire: Essentially good to finish off players with low health, such as after the Multi or Sniper pulse firemodes. Making it a healing beam would render the HMC useless because the Viper is virtually effective in all ranges already.
The LK-05 is a great gun, it's used by many. The XRS-10 loses damage over range, but has extremely high damage in close range, bretty gud bun. AH-250 does massive damage, but there's one drawback: it's not good for highpingers.
Agree.. I like VPR ^^
Didn't know this: it will gain damage the longer the projectile travels...
Have to add some disadvantages: Self damage when you shoot next to a border or wall, or very close to the opponent. Must shoot with sights because it is not accurate in other way. Night vision is useless. Multi, keeps expanding with distance, so you may aim very good and hit everything around except your target :S... ahh, and you need free line of sight, that is when you have an object in the middle the projectiles will not pass through, i.e, if you shoot to a mass of opponents, your projectile will stop in the first object it encounters, you can hide behind your frozen teammate if someone is using the viper.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 25 Sep , 2013 11:16 am

Calypto wrote:Ok, let's dissect the Viper and see what it is capable of.

The LK-05 is a great gun, it's used by many. The XRS-10 loses damage over range, but has extremely high damage in close range, bretty gud bun. AH-250 does massive damage, but there's one drawback: it's not good for highpingers.
So now we've discussed what the Viper is capable of, lets discuss what it's not capable of.

=.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Wed 25 Sep , 2013 12:02 pm

iRobot wrote: So now we've discussed what the Viper is capable of, lets discuss what it's not capable of.
=.
Cant do my laundry either... troll2

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Wed 25 Sep , 2013 10:16 pm

hehehehe fixed post due to mobile screen paragraphing

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Tue 08 Oct , 2013 1:52 pm

Aza, did you modify something in VPR, I tried it and was so inaccurate, even with sights. I was shooting through the narrow passages in Highlander, with iron sights and crouched and aiming and did not hit a single shot to the opponent. I am sure I was aiming correctly... I changed the weapon and stop using it after some rounds because of this..

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Tue 08 Oct , 2013 3:02 pm

Dat Nardaq vote.