Microsoft bought minecraft

Discuss matters related to Minecraft which aren't specific to the server.
Definitelynotjay

Microsoft bought minecraft

Post by Definitelynotjay » Wed 17 Sep , 2014 5:22 pm

For those of you who didn't know, on Monday Microsoft bought Mojang for 2.5 billion bucks. That is a lot of money! Notch, Carl, and Jakob have all quit, but most of Mojang will work for Microsoft. No one is really sure what will happen from here. :cry:

In case you're wondering why Mojang have sold to minecraft, it is allegedly because Notch never wanted Minecraft to become this big, and didn't like the responsibility of a company this large.

Further information here: https://mojang.com/2014/09/yes-were-bei ... microsoft/
You see a mouse trap, I see free cheese and a fucking challenge.
They will try to kill you. Kill them back.

Pinky
Disappeared Administrator

Re: Microsoft bought minecraft

Post by Pinky » Wed 17 Sep , 2014 8:55 pm

Definitelynotjay wrote:In case you're wondering why Mojang have sold to minecraft, it is allegedly because Notch never wanted Minecraft to become this big, and didn't like the responsibility of a company this large.
I'd probably say the same when someone would give me one billion for a Java program :mrgreen:

Definitelynotjay

Re: Microsoft bought minecraft

Post by Definitelynotjay » Wed 17 Sep , 2014 9:02 pm

Pinky wrote:
Definitelynotjay wrote:In case you're wondering why Mojang have sold to minecraft, it is allegedly because Notch never wanted Minecraft to become this big, and didn't like the responsibility of a company this large.
I'd probably say the same when someone would give me one billion for a Java program :mrgreen:
2.5 billion. 1.5 billion is huge difference. :)
You see a mouse trap, I see free cheese and a fucking challenge.
They will try to kill you. Kill them back.