Discuss the Minecraft server here.
Ollievrthecool

Post by Ollievrthecool » Fri 06 Sep , 2013 6:11 pm

yesterday (5th September), a snapshot was released containing new biomes and new flowers. due to this, you will need to walk long distances to reach new biomes, if your playing on an old Generated world.

the point of this is that recently a world boarder was implemented into the system so that new chunks could not be loaded to lag the server.

will the server be reset so we can adventure out into these new biomes and get new rare goods?

P.S. if you say no that is fine... but as minecraft updates, more new generations might be in the newer snapshots, aka temples or giant canyons with pirate ships. so keep your eye on the snapshots to make your decision more decidable

fts

Takeo
Disappeared Administrator

Re: 1.7

Post by Takeo » Fri 06 Sep , 2013 6:27 pm

We are working on a new map and were waiting for this release (new biomes) to be published.

However, we will not start the new map just yet, since we are reinventing the permissions system and want to make it possible for people to move their work to the new map.

We will announce the new map about a week before we upload it. Until then, keep on working on the current version. Buildings may be transported ;)

Pinky

Post by Pinky » Fri 06 Sep , 2013 7:52 pm

Ollievrthecool wrote:will the server be reset so we can adventure out into these new biomes and get new rare goods?
As Takeo pointed out, we will be making a new map for the 1.7 version. Actually, we intended to use a new map already for the 1.6.2 version, however with the introduction of new biomes in 1.7 we decided to postpone that.
And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know.
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws,
And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall, and not a soul to hear.

Jiffy
Azra is a Hippie

Post by Jiffy » Fri 06 Sep , 2013 8:05 pm

Pinky wrote:
Ollievrthecool wrote:will the server be reset so we can adventure out into these new biomes and get new rare goods?
As Takeo pointed out, we will be making a new map for the 1.7 version. Actually, we intended to use a new map already for the 1.6.2 version, however with the introduction of new biomes in 1.7 we decided to postpone that.
You should have a separate world for resources that resets every update. ;)

Takeo

Post by Takeo » Fri 06 Sep , 2013 8:12 pm

DerpXD47 wrote: You should have a separate world for resources that resets every update. ;)
There will be places in the normal world which "regenerate" in terms of ressources. I'll see if I make a video about how the new system works once we cleared every single detail about it.

Ollievrthecool

Post by Ollievrthecool » Sun 27 Oct , 2013 9:46 am

Ok. 1.7.2 is out with tonnes of new biomes and new places to explore. I have some questions to ask about the minecraft server.

When will the server be updated to 1.7.2?

What will happen to the existing world on the server? Will it be replaced?

Will the world that we play on now be available for download once everyone has finished on it?

How will people get whitelisted on the server (because atm is a bit of a crap way) ?

Any other notes you should mention about the server?

_Thanks
joinha

Pinky

Post by Pinky » Sun 27 Oct , 2013 1:43 pm

Ollievrthecool wrote:When will the server be updated to 1.7.2?
We can update the server when the 1.7 Bukkit server version becomes available. At the moment there is not even a 1.7 development build available. Given the fact that they released the release candidate of 1.6.4 just three days ago, it may take them at least three weeks or so to adapt all the new changes introduced in 1.7. In addition to that, many plugins must also be migrated to the new version. To sum up: I don't expect an update of the server within the next days :cry:
What will happen to the existing world on the server? Will it be replaced?
We will create a new map when we update the server. We definitively won't run the current map with with the 1.7 version because the way minecraft saves structures is going to be changed. There is a tool available to migrate the old structures to the new system but this would require us to visit each and every structure on the server in order for it to be saved in the new format. Given the current size of the map this is simply out of the question.
Will the world that we play on now be available for download once everyone has finished on it?
This might be possible. However, the main world has a size of 1.7 GB at the moment. We'll have to ask the server admins (Izu, DB, or Nicam) first before we make such a large amount of data publicly available for download.
How will people get whitelisted on the server (because atm is a bit of a crap way) ?
Well, the current way is the only more safe way to prevent griefing. Non-whitelisted people can join the server and explore the world but can't place or destroy blocks. For the new map we probably will introduce the towny plugin which might help here...
Any other notes you should mention about the server?
We will be releasing details of the migration to the new map once we have fixed all the server properties (map size, plugins, region system, etc...). For example, it will be possible to transfer buildings from the old to the new map. The details are still being discussed, though...
And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know.
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws,
And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall, and not a soul to hear.

Ollievrthecool

Post by Ollievrthecool » Sun 27 Oct , 2013 3:45 pm

thanks for the info

Flo
RAGEMASTER

Post by Flo » Wed 27 Nov , 2013 2:33 pm

How is the situation on bukkit :-D ?

edit:
Since I forgot how to send mail ingame:

Well, nothing I can do about it, the few hours I'm able to play (21:00 - 24:00 my time) is 13-16 o' clock MET due to the 8 hours time difference ... Not like I can play at 4 o' clock in the night xD

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Wed 27 Nov , 2013 4:27 pm

FLO WE MISSS YOU!

At least I do..
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael