Favourite invasion weapons

Discuss the BW-Invasion server here.
Olaroll

Favourite invasion weapons

Post by Olaroll » Tue 15 Oct , 2013 1:01 pm

I have played invasion for a while now, but i have not found a suitable weapon combination for myself. So i thought i will ask the community for their favourite invasion weapons/weapon combinations.

So far i have seen most people prefer the nova staff, reptile acid gun or super weapons when available.

I hope to be trying new weapons and their combinations soon.

Sorry if i have any errors, english is not my primary language.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Re: Favourite invasion weapons

Post by Butcher » Tue 15 Oct , 2013 1:51 pm

I really enjoy the CYLO Firestorm IV in invasion, takes few shots to kill any of the monsters... be careful not to overheat it, it has self damage... use it in bursts. Acid gun is very useful too, but don't use the blast, single shots are very effective in this mode. Energy weapons in the invasion mode are pretty powerful, melee weapons are useless...Snipers are the best the R78A and the X83, follows the rail gun.
Super guns are very good, specially the plasma gun and conqueror for fast killing. AT40 also when you have the chance to get more ammo and monsters are in one region. The LAW is the ruler, cause you just drop a mine and kills all...
Any of these weapons are amazing when enchanted :)
Last edited by Butcher on Tue 15 Oct , 2013 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

pupimassa

Post by pupimassa » Tue 15 Oct , 2013 2:28 pm

Being kind off an Old timer, i prefer Redwood weps (coach gun and deermaster) - when randomly enchanted - cant have a wep artifact.(
Acid is strong, but i dont like it a lot, same as longhorn.
From superweps, i prefer HAMR and AT40, law is boring as hell and i hate the sound of the mines, when there're some players using it again and again - dont understand the point of having fun while using it.)

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Tue 15 Oct , 2013 3:05 pm

I agree with ya Pupi, LAW takes the fun out of hunt and kill... and the sound is a bit annoying, but for farming points is the best. For fun, I prefer the run and survive mode, not camping, but is too difficult the actual game level for that... when you camp and/or stay in a single place in the map, then the LAW is the most effective weapon...

I wish I could start with the CYLO FS instead of the M50... ;B

Olaroll

Post by Olaroll » Tue 15 Oct , 2013 3:46 pm

pupimassa wrote:From superweps, i prefer HAMR and AT40, law is boring as hell and i hate the sound of the mines, when there're some players using it again and again - dont understand the point of having fun while using it.)
Butcher wrote:I agree with ya Pupi, LAW takes the fun out of hunt and kill... and the sound is a bit annoying, but for farming points is the best.
I agree too, i hate that people using the LAW always spawnkill the monsters so you dont really have a chance to kill them with normal weapons. But when i see one just laying on the ground then i pick it up and try to get lucky on it. But i only do that for exp, otherwise i dislike the LAW.

I have recently tried and liked the firestorm too, but its not as good in tight spaces. Acid is only good with lucky wich is hard to get so i only use it in maps with super adneraline.

Btw i recentli found out how awesome the matrix enchant is (probably only good at +10 or around that) for shooting and surviving. It almost makes you op. You can just run around, even with a sniper, and shoot everything without them doing almost anything to you. You can also dodge hunter skaarj's bolts with it.

xOdiumNostrumx

Post by xOdiumNostrumx » Tue 15 Oct , 2013 11:22 pm

My weapons of choice most of the time are Acid, Firestorm or that SW 40 (or something similar) shotgun (that one with a slug mode) and the law (most recently). Tho I had a skrith blaster phase, which can be also very affective. I am one of those people who are crashing constantly so I have to stick to a single weapon so logically, I am using only weapons which are able to penetrate armors of specific bosses. But at the end of the day, almost every weapon in the game could be ridiculously good with a right enchantment.

Jester

Post by Jester » Wed 16 Oct , 2013 6:27 pm

Nova staff/M50 (an assault weapon) and LG (in OP weapon) or acid sometimes.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 16 Oct , 2013 6:29 pm

Nova is presumably popular because the vampirism is useful in Invasion.

Jester

Post by Jester » Wed 16 Oct , 2013 7:18 pm

iRobot wrote:Nova is presumably popular because the vampirism is useful in Invasion.
I just use it for the angels'fly when you got all soul. ^^

For the vampirism (ability or enchante), I prefer a shotgun and go in front of a monsters'wave.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Thu 17 Oct , 2013 4:48 pm

Nova seems to have a lot of backslash... gives me the impression you become self damage...