My General Toughts

Discuss the BW-Invasion server here.
Mertkaan

My General Toughts

Post by Mertkaan » Thu 15 May , 2014 2:45 am

*i know aint nobody got time for this shit but i just wanted to say*

1)Need Better weapon scaling:every weapon should be usefull in its own way like in ballistic DM,currently not many variation of
weapons using in invasion.

My main concern reptile gun;Acid blast is pretty good against everything and with x2 dmg its just OP also halving the acid pool dmg making its secondary fire obsolete(four times lower than original main/second dps ratio)

Some monsters had vehicle armor its already restrain usage of some weapons(assault/machinegun) and accuracy of weapons not really important in invasion(no headshot,easy target), so those weapons focus on accuracy stays behind others.

2)Enchant balance: encouraging adr camping,currently its rage/vorpal or gtfo

well some people love to hunting for good enchant but current gap between enchants really big.

3)New classes!!:No need to be sophisticated make plasma(or HC) and sentinels "engineer only" and done,we got a new class.

Personal Notes:
a) Nali sage was a breakthrough,unique mechanics force player to use different weapons,artifacts.(just wanted to thank its creators)

b) is there a way to control specific weapon dmg output with Titan RPG?(im newbie so i dont know if you can actually bind BallisticProMainOff and TitanRPG)"Yes" or "No" will enough.

Conclusion:dont be misunderstood LDG had the best invasion out there absolutely 10/10

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Re: My General Toughts

Post by Butcher » Thu 15 May , 2014 4:16 pm

I would like to see how it would work in these scenarios:
1) Vorpal and invulnerability not able to simultaneously work. Unless 2)
2) Invulnerability to 90% against bosses. The boss will be able to take some few hp when hits.
3) Vorpal/Rage max damage limit to 500hp (or some reasonable value), such that you ain't killing the bosses in 2 shots and no one else is able to even shoot them once. We all want some points from the bosses.
4) AFK detect, No shooting, moving and/or answering on chat for more than 2 minutes, show AFK warning (as camping), 30 secs for response then kick. In end boss, no additional XP added if you have negative points at end.
5) Possibility to buy a specific gun as load out for a XP price.
6) Medics can enchant turrets and totems, for them to heal. For example a repair totem, that also heals.
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Satin
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Satin » Thu 15 May , 2014 4:45 pm

Agreed, some combinations are crazily OP, like you can kill something like a cyberdemon with 1 or 2 shots of something (normally acid shotgun based)

It's a bit of a downer for the lower levels, because a hi level will steam in and go *bang bang*, boss dies, they get a huge amount of XP and the lower level is left wondering why they're even there.

I'm a bit of a plasma gun freak, and I can't (and don't want to kill a boss in 2 shots or less, it kinda makes the point of a boss a bit redundant if you can)

I think acid shotgun (for Invasion) should be nerfed severely, either in long reload, or less capacity or even like some of the big guns, it's not allowed to have certain combinations of enhancements.

Beyond that, Butchers comments make a lot of sense and I agree with them.

Aberiu
V.I.P. Member

Post by Aberiu » Thu 15 May , 2014 6:38 pm

4) AFK detect, No shooting, moving and/or answering on chat for more than 2 minutes, show AFK warning (as camping), 30 secs for response then kick. In end boss, no additional XP added if you have negative points at end.
Not only you will punish people trying to choose a new skill, but also those who get an error on nali sage and come back with 0 score. LDG invasion crashes almost every game on my PC.

Though I agree that vorpal is really ruining the game (at least for me as a medic). These guys are camping adrenaline which I desperately need for my monsters and team booster (I feel like an idiot asking for 100-200 adrenaline every minute or so), they kill every boss in 2 shots and they also don't need any healing because they are invulnerable while fighting.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Thu 15 May , 2014 6:54 pm

Aberiu wrote: Not only you will punish people trying to choose a new skill, but also those who get an error on nali sage and come back with 0 score. LDG invasion crashes almost every game on my PC.
Well the suggestion is to avoid the AFK assholes that leave their character there to gain some points in the end when the other players win. Parallel to the leaching of XP, they take the resurrects from the actual players that need them, and add difficulty to the monsters and bosses by "presence". My game also crashes that often, but I'm willing to risk the 1750 XP points to not let this leaches earn 1...
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Aberiu
V.I.P. Member

Post by Aberiu » Thu 15 May , 2014 7:59 pm

AFK assholes that leave their character there to gain some points in the end when the other players win.
You were talking about an auto kick in 2,5 minutes, which is a bit harsh. Sometimes I just join and turn on the booster, or spawn monsters and let them earn me some points while I'm scrolling through the rpg menu thinking of possible skill combinations or rebuilding my character, and I don't want to be bothered every 2 minutes. Invasion is not a competitive gametype anyway.

Satin

Post by Satin » Thu 15 May , 2014 8:37 pm

No its not, but lets not forget the game scales for each payer in it, so you have the situation where Player Fuckwit is AFK and the other players are having more monsters with less active resources fighting them. Personally I wouldn't kick , I'd have XP subtracted after a set period of time, and I'd have it scale like.

Idle for 120 secs, get a warning, 30 secs later, XP starts being deducted at 1 every 5 secs.
60 seconds later, 2 every 5 seconds, 60 secs later, 3 every 5 secs. Once you get to 5 xp every 5 secs, it's probably time for a session kick. Lets not forget by the time the player gets to this point they've been idle for 7.5 mins+.

I'd also have it so that anyone with a score of -60 or more, won't have any XP when the end of game boss is killed, as these typically are also Idlers.

It'd be nice to get some feedback from Aza, Invasion probably needs a little peek at now from Admins to keep it on the straight and narrow.

Aberiu
V.I.P. Member

Post by Aberiu » Thu 15 May , 2014 8:52 pm

more monsters with less active resources
From what I've seen in game it rarely affects anything as the whole purpose of the LDG invasion is to find a cool hiding place (some waves are literally unbeatable if you can't hide from monsters) and if you can beat 20 monsters alone then you will beat 200 monsters as well.

Satin

Post by Satin » Thu 15 May , 2014 9:09 pm

Find a cool hiding place = fail, Fail on you for not being able to fight, fail on the admin for poor design. We're actively moving away from hide and fight, run & gun.

Definitelynotjay

Post by Definitelynotjay » Thu 15 May , 2014 9:17 pm

Aberiu wasn't even here for the days when it was camp. He knows nothing. ;'D'D
You see a mouse trap, I see free cheese and a fucking challenge.
They will try to kill you. Kill them back.