Hypothetical question for Invasion players

Discuss the BW-Invasion server here.
CaptainXavious
V.I.P. Member

Re: Hypothetical question for Invasion players

Post by CaptainXavious » Mon 06 Oct , 2014 6:05 pm

Ollievrthecool wrote:Perhaps one of these "missions" could be like waves of enemies trying to destroy a power core, like in Sanctum 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHwlvzaNBDk
Also, having it an open world would be a problem because many people have bad machines, even big maps, like CTF-PineRidge lagged peoples computers to hell so I would hate to know what kind of lag people would get on an "open world"
Yup, I could see that. In the map ONS-Dria there are 4 near identical castles/villages in each corner of the map, one would be the starting village, the opposite would be the boss's lair, but this would be a great way to use one of the extra villages, protecting them from an invading horde or whatnot. I could see it.
taries wrote: This brings me again to DW, in Invasion there is solution which is that monster lvl = to lvl of player with lowest lvl. In Monster Evolution theres are 4 ranks: Rank 1: lvl 1-49, rank 2: lvl 50-99, rank 3: lvl 100-149, rank 4: lvl 150-200 (lvl cap is 200), at each rank you unlock stronger things to buy, each map has recomended lvl, so there are easy maps and hard maps, lvl 150 can play map for lvl 1-40 but he wont get any experience. Other solution could be make monster lvl average from players lvls so if there are 2 player one is lvl 50 and other is 100, monster lvl will be 75.
That's almost exactly what I had in mind for this, only of course splitting the general levels up by regions on the map rather than map alone. That'd be awesome.

CaptainXavious
V.I.P. Member

Post by CaptainXavious » Mon 06 Oct , 2014 8:02 pm

Unreal 4ever's Gateways gametype has the basic setup of monster's spawning from gates that you have to destroy, it might be modifiable to suit our needs for this, want to look into it.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Mon 06 Oct , 2014 10:06 pm

CaptainXavious wrote: That's awesome. I think a good portion of it can be done using this:

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/User:Super ... nsta_Toolz

That could set up the basic encounter system and all the things that come with it like quests and merchants, but I'm not real sure how to make recurring or somewhat randomized quests, or even given the monsters different levels based on distance. Some of it would need to be programmed up for this, I think.
I'll wait on that until the time comes because I'm not familiar with OSM. Placing portals in the maps and tailoring them for the gametype I will have no problem doing.

CaptainXavious
V.I.P. Member

Post by CaptainXavious » Mon 06 Oct , 2014 10:09 pm

Fair enough. I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it. I think ultimately it'd use both OSMT and a modified version of gateways.

Jester

Post by Jester » Tue 07 Oct , 2014 12:17 am

I like this idea. Maybe it'll bring more fun than the actual INV. megusta

CaptainXavious
V.I.P. Member

Post by CaptainXavious » Wed 08 Oct , 2014 9:46 pm

Ok, it looks like OSMT can handle most of the stuff on its own. Essentially, I'd have to make a co-op adventure type of map with the various objectives set up to reset over time. Unfortunately, I have very little experience setting up events and objectives in UEd, so it'll take me some time to figure things out.

If there are any Assault mappers out there, they may be able to figure this out pretty quickly, and if interested, let me know. I don't really think making whole new maps is something that has to be done, its mostly just a case of setting up events to fill out the world and making tweaks to existing maps, no sense making a huge medieval fantasy realm when they already exist as ONS maps, though there is still the option of having doors/portals that lead to separate dungeons if that's something someone would want to do when I finally get this thing off the ground.

Corn

Post by Corn » Wed 24 Dec , 2014 6:04 pm

I would check it. A new gametype cant hurt. Just pls dont make too many changes too often in invasion.

Donnie
Forever Alonnie

Post by Donnie » Sun 02 Aug , 2015 2:15 pm

Any update?

Aberiu
V.I.P. Member

Post by Aberiu » Sun 02 Aug , 2015 4:59 pm

Xav is busy playing medieval UT IRL x)