Re: AFK players

Post by iRobot » Mon 05 Jan , 2015 11:49 am

Izumo wrote:Dude you have no life.
something about pots and kettles

Satin
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Satin » Mon 05 Jan , 2015 12:51 pm

It means that unless Butcher is an exceptionally bad player, he was AFK for some/all of the match and would have received a huge XP bonus for ... doing nothing, that isn't the biggest problem though, what becomes game changing is the fact that when it comes to resurrect time, the afk player also gets resurrected as it's completely random and games can and have been lost because the last player alive is AFK

So maybe it might be worth having someone look over the AFK booter on Invasion as clearly its not fit for purpose.
Fix that, stop all the bitching, everyone's happy. Now how hard can that be?

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 05 Jan , 2015 1:24 pm

Maybe you can fix the AFK resurrection thing by making you need to accept the resurrection.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Mon 05 Jan , 2015 6:56 pm

Well, I'm sorry for that, I did not left the PC online on purpose, actually I recall going to spec....I of course have a life and did not spend my 31st playing, nonetheless, I did not either left myself AFK on purpose , less to earn points. So my apologies to all... I agree on the kicking cause of idling. or not giving points in the end of game to those with a negative score ...
If you read the posts, I've been against it for long time...
If you make people loose points with the negative scores, then they will not dare to leave the pc online to loose points
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Satin
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Satin » Mon 05 Jan , 2015 11:32 pm

There's some good ideas Caly/Aza, high negative scores get no end of game XP, idler looking at, and a player action to accept a Resurrect, perhaps you would be so good to let us know if any/all are feasible /doable please