RACE-RainbowRace

For posting your maps.
darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Re: RACE - NetherRace

Post by darkelf » Wed 30 Oct , 2013 4:54 pm

Hell if you really want to have your eye's killed go download AS-birthday

That will make you blind.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 30 Oct , 2013 6:34 pm

Finished, and is now called RainbowRace.

As far as I could tell, this is glitch free. However, it never ends this way ...

Log:

* New spawn and made some alterations to the original track. There are two teamwork based shortcuts available, but whether anyone actually utilises this ...

* Some alterations to the lighting, i.e. toned it all down a bit.

* Entire new track above

There are some other bits and bobs I've done and cannot remember

Edit: Written this out and then remembered that it needs another section ... will post file as soon as it is done. Done

File: http://www.mediafire.com/?9yd2sn9d58iu4ym
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 31 Oct , 2013 7:17 pm

Ignore the file above, the finished file is this: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4dysh ... BV1%5D.zip

Enjoy. What probably could need improving is the loop and the 3 tunnels, but they work ok.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Donnie
Forever Alonnie

Post by Donnie » Thu 31 Oct , 2013 7:36 pm

my eyes are bleeding

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Fri 01 Nov , 2013 1:03 am

Donnie wrote:my eyes are bleeding
I like the map's aesthetics. Thank you Vencar for your hard work to take upon unfinished maps and turn them into a living dream.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Fri 01 Nov , 2013 6:54 pm

Man I look on the screen for 3 seconds and my eyes are already bleeding. Is this up'd? I'm curious what the chatlog will say
trollface

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Fri 01 Nov , 2013 7:22 pm

It is, but it needs fixing. There's a gaping great glitch I didn't spot ...

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Sat 02 Nov , 2013 12:21 am

Also you should put a few arrows to show the path because it's not very obvious where you have to go. As when you fall you don't die and you can fall through any object down there if the scorp is too vertical, it's hard to understand where to go...
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

ZioFede

Post by ZioFede » Sat 02 Nov , 2013 9:28 am

Izumo_CZ wrote:Man I look on the screen for 3 seconds and my eyes are already bleeding. Is this up'd? I'm curious what the chatlog will say
trollface
It isn't that bad in game...maybe because you usually watch out for the road while driving.

God should have let Paul live and let you die instead, worthless piece of shit. -Mr. H&some about a random actor-

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sat 02 Nov , 2013 11:12 am

RainbowRace[V2] - http://www.mediafire.com/?qivft125i8za0w1

* Major re-texturing of most of the platforms (now a completely wooden track). I think it looks a lot better than the grey texture before, plus the wood doesn't reflect the colour scheme as brightly

* Deleted the 'loop' and 'tunnel' - replaced by a sequence of movers and jumps respectively. Also re-sequenced the old meshes to resemble the new track built above. Also deleted the 'stand on platform to lower the bridge' bit, as it wasn't being given the love it deserved.

* First objective deleted (it was rather redundant), and a new set of movers (primarily arrows) in place to aid orientation

* The major 'jump to last obj' glitch has been boarded up. I can't completely guarantee that the map is glitch-free, as the track overlaps itself like mad, but I believe most of them have been blocked.