RACE-RainbowRace

For posting your maps.
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Re: RACE-RainbowRace

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 19 Feb , 2015 9:23 pm

Dependencies are fine - the map works perfect offline and all the required files have already been uploaded. I can't get my head around why the map should feel it necessary to need/use Elfy's rainbowtexture files online.

Uploading Elfy's files again has made the map available in the cycle once more. I have a feeling Elfy has made another file dependent on these ...
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Fri 20 Feb , 2015 12:14 pm

Remove the files on your PC out of UT2004 path. You'll get failed maplauch if you try to play them. Then exit ut2004 and open ut2004.log - it will tell you which package failed loading and because of what. You can do the same on the server, here is result from the server's log:
Warning: Failed to load 'Rainbowtexture': Can't find file for package 'Rainbowtexture'
Warning: Failed to load 'SF_Spacemeshes5': Can't find file for package 'Rainbowtexture'
Warning: Failed to load 'RACE-RainbowRace[C]': Can't find file for package 'Rainbowtexture'
Warning: Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find file for package 'Rainbowtexture'
So I'd bet that SF_Spacemeshes5 is the culprit here.

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Fri 20 Feb , 2015 12:36 pm

Ah thanks, I have literally just come to the same conclusion! Instead of making a new mesh package or saving them to MyLevel, Elfy just re-uploaded the existing track package with the rainbowtexture changes, screwing up my version as well as his own. I've uploaded the previous mesh package and the map is fixed! (=
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sun 01 Mar , 2015 5:12 pm

Sorry, I did try to fix this issue befor I left but any help request fell on deaf ears. I thought for sure all track meshes were saved as my level and not sf meshes v5...appears not. I would like to state again that I was happy leaving the rainbow textures alone but if you recall it was asked to make all maps that were dependent on ballistics, unwheel mod or any other mod that has been removed from assault server be fixed to there own files. This was requested by izumo.

If any other maps of mine have any issues let me know via email darkelfy1987@gmail.com I'll do my best to assist if possible. I will respond a lot faster to emails than post here as I do not check these fourms very often.

I hope the map is working now a lot of hours did go into this ikea map. Again sorry for leaving this map broken, I truly felt that it was broken beyond the point that I could repair it.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Fri 12 Jan , 2018 2:05 pm

Changes Made 1/12/2018(Xmas edition): I let the original RainbowRace[C] stay in map list. Changes to this map could be coming if all goes well with the xmas edition.
-Changed out textures with something that isn't depended on Unwheel files. Hopefully no mismatch or other odd issues will happen. If they do please let me know.
-Think this was already addressed earlier in this topic but this xmas version has custom built static meshes and has a Christmas feel, lots of time went into making this.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 15 Jan , 2018 5:41 pm

The rainbow portions of the road sometimes dont render properly and make it hard to see where to go.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Mon 15 Jan , 2018 10:29 pm

iRobot wrote: Mon 15 Jan , 2018 5:41 pm The rainbow portions of the road sometimes dont render properly and make it hard to see where to go.
Not exactly sure what you mean, can you take a picture the next time it happens?

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 15 Jan , 2018 10:46 pm

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Mon 15 Jan , 2018 11:14 pm

Yah, I see what you mean.

So little back story before the possible solution. I wanted to use a rainbow texture from unwheel mod. There was a conflict with doing this in the past due to the texture that I wanted to use, was tied to a .utx and the .u file(the main game type code). This file was being modified on a regular basis as Aza and izumo were working on trying to make unwheel a working mod for the race server or mod server. So the use of this texture resulted in mis-matches on race server as the file i was using kept getting changed. An attempt was made in the past to try and separate the texture I wanted to use to its own file and have no links or ties to the unwheel mod or main files. This ended up in failure for reasons that still confuse me to this day. Project was dropped due to frustration, not being able to get a working solution and not having a clear enough head at the time to find a solution.

Fast forward to now. I found a different rainbow texture that I found in one of knoff's levels that I thought might be a good substitute to the rainbow texture I was unable to get to work. So map now works with this texture.

As far as your complaint on the blackness to the point of just being completely black hole, I agree, its a down side to this texture.

List of things I plan on fixing:
-Find different rainbow texture, hopefully one that is transparent and isn't a shader so that moving view doesn't cause texture to distort and do odd things as the existing texture does.
-Reduce black fog a bit. Currently just a bit to dark.
-Add flak rifle.
-Make day time version of level with the smiley sun sky box and the new static meshes that look slightly better then the ones used in the first remake of this map.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Tue 16 Jan , 2018 1:26 pm

Changes Made 1/16/2018:
-Finally managed to separate the rainbow texture I originally used when I designed these static meshes(track pieces). This map is no longer dependent on any unwheel dependencies. It is now all within its own package (rainbowtex2.utx). Track now looks much better IMO.
-Reduced fog in all objectives. Still might tweak if needed, but I think its pretty well based on the maximum distance a typical player can effectively engage a target with twin beams or in this case atlas plasma shot.
-Replaced useless grenade launcher with flak rifle. May nerf if needed, but think this is a pretty safe move.
-Removed delay time for shield spawn in base. Everyone gets 50 shield, all the time!