RACE-RainbowRace

For posting your maps.
Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: RACE - NetherRace

Post by Azarael » Fri 06 Dec , 2013 10:35 pm

I assume the skybox change is for a versioned or separate map? I don't really mind.

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Fri 06 Dec , 2013 10:38 pm

It would be for a separate map, keeping RainbowRace as it is at present
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 12 Dec , 2013 6:53 pm

Update: http://www.mediafire.com/download/j1laj ... BV5%5D.zip

Thanks to Balkan and Eiforia for showing me a major exploit / rubbish blocking volume respectively. Killing zone has been lowered and extended to deter exploits, whilst the blocking volume is now placed correctly - so no more unwanted sentinel action. I hope.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sun 22 Dec , 2013 9:04 pm

RainbowRace[E1][REV]: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5fxff ... REV%5D.zip

Authors: anonymous / Earl_Vencar / dark_elf

Updates:

- A really big thank you to dark_elf for converting the entire track into something that doesn't make your eyes water, and for placing the physics volumes and what not. It now looks like a respectable map. There is now little to no overlap between the three objectives and the physics volumes cover most if not all eventualities (I've run through them all). In this sense the track is a little different to the previous versions, but the general layout remains exactly the same (it's only the interactions between all objective tracks which has disappeared, so it may seem slightly different). There is substantial space left for another objective and track if wanted.

- I've redone all the scenary to accommodate the size of the new track, complete with mushrooms and orange trees.

- Lighting has been reformatted; the track is now naturally lit without a kaleidoscope of colours. I should have really noticed that the original sun was emitting purple light before now ... fts

- Both teams now have a couple of teamwork benders in addition to the quantum scorpions. We decided that the map was less cluttered and large enough to accomodate them. In addition, objectives are now accompanied by teamwork garages.

Screenshots:

Enjoy!

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sun 22 Dec , 2013 9:06 pm

Looks a million times better already

Donnie
Forever Alonnie

Post by Donnie » Sun 22 Dec , 2013 10:17 pm

indeed

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Mon 23 Dec , 2013 2:02 am

Maybe you could make the fog start earlier and be more dense.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 23 Dec , 2013 10:28 am

Noooo please, we have enough maps that are just boring smogsville. It's like being in China.

Being able to see far adds immersion and realism <3

...and fucking looks better.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Mon 23 Dec , 2013 12:05 pm

https://www.mediafire.com/?ujcwla6mnov4yj9

Changed the fog colour from grey to white, and thickened it a little. It's more of a mist than a fog though; any thicker and it loses all it's character.

90% of the map is still visible from the spawn, and there's no pop in problems. I think it looks better now.

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Tue 24 Dec , 2013 2:48 am

There is a problem with the latest version. Everybody keeps crashing after loading. I crashed 3 times in a row when trying to join...

My log if it helps:

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 3293 MHz with 4095MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (2723)

UTComp_xPlayer RACE-RainbowRace[E1][V6][REV].UTComp_xPlayer (Function Engine.Actor.Crash:0004) Assertion failed, line 1839

Histoire: FFrame::Serialize <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (UTComp_xPlayer RACE-RainbowRace[E1][V6][REV].UTComp_xPlayer, Function utcompr04.UTComp_xPlayer.PlayerTick) <- APlayerController::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=3) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level RainbowRace <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 10910191 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...