RACE-Furry-Jolteontrials-[EMP]

For posting your maps.
iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: RACE-Furry-Jolteontrials-[EMP]

Post by iRobot » Tue 14 Nov , 2017 3:53 pm

Trial scorpions were modified without jump because jump trivialized a lot of obstacles on other trial maps. Unless Izumo or someone else with the access can be bothered to create a new class of trial scorpion solely for this map, then the other maps would just end up broken with jump.

By the way, seems you just cant stay away huh, game always pulls you back helper1

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Tue 14 Nov , 2017 4:40 pm

What exactly is the problem? You can't do the map without jumping? think1

darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Post by darkelf » Wed 15 Nov , 2017 10:34 pm

Calypto wrote: Tue 14 Nov , 2017 4:40 pm What exactly is the problem? You can't do the map without jumping? think1
Maybe I didn't clearly explain.

More detailed description: On first, second and fourth objectives there are jumps that were originally designed by the original author of the level to be done with a scorpion that had jumping capability. This modified version of the map done by me keeps the same track elements as the original(for the most part). Players are still able to complete the original map and the revised version currently running on LDG racing server by taking advantage of either the original super fast scorpions or using the nitro vehicle turbo/nitro vs using the intended scorpion jump feature. Would like to see this revised version of map on LDG server to have trial Scorpions that can jump, that way the intended gameplay option is available and the alternate way is an actual alternate way vs's being the only way.

Simple description: Can someone with free time see if there is an easy way to make the trial scorpions in this level have jumping capability. It would be a nice added feature.

iRobot wrote: Tue 14 Nov , 2017 3:53 pm Trial scorpions were modified without jump because jump trivialized a lot of obstacles on other trial maps. Unless Izumo or someone else with the access can be bothered to create a new class of trial scorpion solely for this map, then the other maps would just end up broken with jump.
Yes I fully understand that this is a map specific request. However there is an option in unreal map editor that is a simple changing of false to true (off to on), that could actually be all that is needed to make this change and would only effect this level(i.e would have no impact on any current maps on server or on nitro vehicles as a whole).
iRobot wrote: Tue 14 Nov , 2017 3:53 pm By the way, seems you just cant stay away huh, game always pulls you back helper1
What can I say, I just haven't fully committed to my ut2004 addicts anonymous group. Maybe next year I'll try again.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Thu 16 Nov , 2017 11:22 pm

Oops, I didn't see the other pages helper1

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Mon 18 Dec , 2017 1:19 am

I’ve missed this before, but the reason why trial scorps don’t have jump is explained. In the past there was an experiment to see how trial scorps fare on not so trial maps, like AztecScorpion, instead of unarmed scorpion but the reception wasn’t so great. Therefore I’d say use unarmed scorpions instead if you see jumps.

Then again it’s not big deal to add a version that can jump.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Mon 18 Dec , 2017 1:21 pm

Izumo wrote: Mon 18 Dec , 2017 1:19 am I’ve missed this before, but the reason why trial scorps don’t have jump is explained. In the past there was an experiment to see how trial scorps fare on not so trial maps, like AztecScorpion, instead of unarmed scorpion but the reception wasn’t so great. Therefore I’d say use unarmed scorpions instead if you see jumps.

Then again it’s not big deal to add a version that can jump.
Yah I agree that in most cases with trial like levels an unarmed scorp is the solution. This is one of those odd ball maps where a solid vehicle would be rather annoying and would destroy game play due to the fact that 2 of the objectives (specifically 1 and 2) are very narrow and are only wide enough for 1 vehicle or maybe 1 vehicle and a half. Granted I think, like i said before people have worked around not having jumping ability on this map for ages, so its probably fine.. on the other hand it would be a nice feature to have and I could also see the benefit of having a trial scorp with jump ability on possible future levels or existing levels where there is similar conflicts as as this map where trial elements exist and path is extremely narrow.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 18 Dec , 2017 5:39 pm

I think the presence of other players as obstacles enhances the trial experience helper1