Disappeared Administrator

RACE-Furry-Jolteontrials-[EMP]

Post by darkelf » Mon 03 Feb , 2014 12:32 pm

Map: RACE-Furry-Jolteontrials-[EMP]
Credits: *eevee*and dark_elfy
Change log:
Overall:
-Converted to ldg race mod
-New spawns (No weapon lockers, no shield primary and emp vehicles)
-Lighting, bsp, kill volumes, texturing and screenshot/loadingscreen

Obj 1:
- Primary jump modified to work with nitro vehicles.

Obj 2:
-Left as is with all its bsp misalignment for nostalgia.(also known as.. I just can't be bothered atm.)
-Modified obj area to be bigger.

Obj3:
-Isolated area to prevent confusion if one hops over wall. (No longer possible blocking volume's placed all around.
-Bank turn has been modified to be more suited to nitro vehicles and a little bit cleaner. Its a lot easier now but I think its for the best.

Obj4:
-Modified last jump to be better suited for nitro vehicles.
-Kill volume placed under obj4 to prevent confusion of falling into obj obj area.

Screenshots:

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ctqwy ... EMP%5D.zip

Note: Map requires use of nitro which should be obvious when the jumps present themselves so I felt no need to explain it in map.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Socio

Re: RACE-Furry-Jolteontrials-[EMP]

Post by Socio » Mon 03 Feb , 2014 3:36 pm

I remember this map, the Scorpions that the mapper used were made out of glass and papermache, fast, but most meetings with the walls ended in an explosion.

And for a "furry" map I thought you will add more "furry" content trollface
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Mon 03 Feb , 2014 3:54 pm

Socio wrote:I remember this map, the Scorpions that the mapper used were made out of glass and papermache, fast, but most meetings with the walls ended in an explosion.

And for a "furry" map I thought you will add more "furry" content trollface

Oh yah I forgot about the fact that the mapper set the health to like 200 on the vehicles.. I could change that troll2

I don't have any "furry" content.. I'm not into that kinda thing.. not judging!
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 03 Feb , 2014 4:08 pm

Socio can add his own personal gallery, np.

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Mon 03 Feb , 2014 4:29 pm

It's a nice little sequence of trials. I enjoyed it. Although that first objective is very difficult without the jump feature! But perhaps having trials scorpions would suit the map better? Just my opinion.

By the way Elfy, you've forgotten to add a dependent file to the download. Jolteon001. It's the texture file. I'll link it up to save you hassle:

http://uz2.pwc-networks.com/decompress. ... 01.utx.uz2
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Socio

Post by Socio » Mon 03 Feb , 2014 4:55 pm

iRobot wrote:Socio can add his own personal gallery, np.
I dont mix my other job with my other job fts
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:But perhaps having trials scorpions would suit the map better? Just my opinion.
Trial Scorpions dont have the jump function, people tended to easy obstacles with it (zig-zag road parts, balance bars).
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Mon 03 Feb , 2014 5:01 pm

Socio wrote:
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:But perhaps having trials scorpions would suit the map better? Just my opinion.
Trial Scorpions dont have the jump function, people tended to easy obstacles with it (zig-zag road parts, balance bars).
Ah, I meant to say that the rest of the map, barring the first objective, would be relatively easy with the jump function. Take that away and the map becomes a bit more difficult. I don't think the first objective would be too bad without jumping - I did it in five attempts.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Mon 03 Feb , 2014 5:27 pm

I want to keep it emp for the time being. If necessary we can go trial scorp. But lets try emp first. Oh and thx for the linking of the extra file.. Couldn't remember if it had an extra or not.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Thu 20 Feb , 2014 4:47 pm

I am planning on doing a fix to this map since its been on server for a week or two. I'm aware of the following problems.

-Obj3 jump over lava to high can cause death.
-Overall map needs more furry content. So says socio.. I feel like listing this to give him false hope.

Other then that I don't know of any other problems. I plan on getting around to fixing this on the weekend. So if anyone knows of any more problems or wants something within reason please speak now. Thanks!

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 20 Feb , 2014 5:23 pm

It's a bit of an ask, but could you rearrange the first room so that the objective is facing the spawn areas instead of being to the right? It's just that one team gets a good 2 to 3 second advantage on attempting that objective. But it's not really a big issue.