RACE-Furry-Jolteontrials-[EMP]

For posting your maps.
bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Re: RACE-Furry-Jolteontrials-[EMP]

Post by bOnO » Thu 20 Feb , 2014 5:57 pm

And maybe extend it a bit so that we have a long and real objective? Make it go a bit upper around the room, or make another road so that people can race :) (I just came up with this idea :P )
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 20 Feb , 2014 5:58 pm

Sounds good :)

I have never played this map, always keep missing it..

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Thu 20 Feb , 2014 6:40 pm

Its super short (4 mins maybe) and quite boring, too. You havent missed anything.
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 20 Feb , 2014 6:45 pm

4 mins is above average for a RACE map omg

darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Post by darkelf » Fri 21 Feb , 2014 3:53 am

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:It's a bit of an ask, but could you rearrange the first room so that the objective is facing the spawn areas instead of being to the right? It's just that one team gets a good 2 to 3 second advantage on attempting that objective. But it's not really a big issue.
bOnO wrote:And maybe extend it a bit so that we have a long and real objective? Make it go a bit upper around the room, or make another road so that people can race :) (I just came up with this idea :P )
I was toying around with the idea of doing something like that when I was converting map. I was afraid to do it at first just cause I wanted to keep the map original as possible. But now I think it would be perfectly suitable. I'll add this to the list of things to do.
BabyDontHurtMeNoMore wrote:Its super short (4 mins maybe) and quite boring, too. You havent missed anything.
Yah this map really isn't a long map. Its also extremely easy now. The original was kinda challenging but that's due to the paper mache vehicles with super speed. But.. it does give the server a bit more verity. Which can't hurt. Also its a race so I personally like the quick maps as it really encourages players to race the map instead of camp the map.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Fri 21 Feb , 2014 8:23 am

Double post I know.. but didn't think of this till now..

Since this map is an incredibly fast paced race. I'm looking at possibly trying to give a way to prevent the advantage of waiting for next obj door in some way.

1. Force spawn of all players after completion of objective. Downside is those who wanted to continue working previous obj will be forced to go back to start. Also vehicles would have to be some how forced to respawn as well..This can be done i'll just have to figure out how to go about this.

2. Set a delay of 10-15 seconds before next objective door mover opens. This would allow players to either continue with old objective or jump down and line up for next objective. Downside is your going to have the whole field waiting for door to open with emp's ready to troll. However I can fix that by setting up the area around door to prevent weapon fire.

I kinda like option 2 as I have a feeling option 1 will cause tears of rage. Thoughts?
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Fri 21 Feb , 2014 10:00 am

I'd prefer option 2 - it works quite well on HeavenRace, and means that there will usually be a surplus of vehicles still left in the spawn areas provided everyone doesn't teleport back.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 21 Feb , 2014 10:54 am

EMP is already pacifist enough, we don't need areas where people are blocked from shooting..

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Fri 21 Feb , 2014 11:27 am

iRobot wrote:EMP is already pacifist enough, we don't need areas where people are blocked from shooting..
Let me create this scenario for you and then see if you understand.

Objective just got completed. Everyone goes to door of next objective. They wait. You have approximately 10 players a mix of red and blue waiting at door. The door isn't going to lower until 15 seconds have gone by. With the nature of most players there going to be spamming emp like mad men. It may sound cool and be entertaining the first few times but this can and will get extremely old real fast.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 21 Feb , 2014 11:39 am

So some people shoot at each other? Isn't the gametype intended to be competitive? You EMP the other team to get a few seconds in front. If it's such a problem then hang back and just shield through the 'chaos'.

Honestly I find the lack of offensive nature in EMP and unarmed maps to be awful.

Besides, your solution just moves the EMP spam clusterfuck 10 yards down the objective. Everyone will be driving together and hit a chokepoint eventually. But you could just cover the whole map with a nofire volume, right?