RACE-Furry-Jolteontrials-[EMP]

For posting your maps.
darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Re: RACE-Furry-Jolteontrials-[EMP]

Post by darkelf » Fri 21 Feb , 2014 12:20 pm

iRobot wrote:your solution just moves the EMP spam clusterfuck 10 yards down the objective. Everyone will be driving together and hit a chokepoint eventually.
After getting past your overall hatred of a unrelated problem you brought a good point. ^^

Option 1 looks like the better idea more and more. It might be hated at first but in the end it will just encourage a decent race. It will also give me the ability and ease of setting up the movers for each area to close when they have been completed. This way the map is done in a race which is what this map is being converted to be.
iRobot wrote: Honestly I find the lack of offensive nature in EMP and unarmed maps to be awful.
Not really on subject with this but I feel compelled to reply.

Its very difficult to convert these trial maps onto this server with the idea of trying to make them competitive vs just a trial map. EMP is the only weapon that works in most of these trial maps without completely making the map a huge spam fest of killing at every choke point. I'm sure if someone could come up with some alternative it would be considered but as far as I know, none has been made.

I understand that there seems to be a split community atm. Those who prefer competitive killing and racing vs just plan racing with unarmed or emp vehicles. Right now as I see it the ldg population is really desiring the racing with unarmed/emp vehicles. I'm constantly getting asked to make more of this type.. oddly enough by you actually.. So not really sure what your goal is here.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 21 Feb , 2014 12:44 pm

I prefer trials maps with interaction between players. Quantum ScorpionCoaster is a good example (do we even have a quantum version anymore? Probably been swallowed up by EMP/unarmed shit)

Obviously some maps don't work with combat such as Blazing Scorps. In hindsight I haven't played this map so I don't recall if it would be good as a combat candidate, so my hatred of non lethal weapons kinda spilled out prematurely.

Relating to the map itself, if the road is only wide enough for one vehicle (which is an example where lethal weapons would not be favourable), then EMP just becomes a problem rather than a feature leading to a train of cars building up. Would you consider using the trial cars?

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Fri 21 Feb , 2014 1:20 pm

iRobot wrote:I prefer trials maps with interaction between players. Quantum ScorpionCoaster is a good example (do we even have a quantum version anymore? Probably been swallowed up by EMP/unarmed shit)
That sucked when it had quantum. At least with my experience it did. But whatever.
iRobot wrote:Relating to the map itself, if the road is only wide enough for one vehicle (which is an example where lethal weapons would not be favourable), then EMP just becomes a problem rather than a feature leading to a train of cars building up. Would you consider using the trial cars?
There is 2 objectives that are like this 1 and 2. So far it hasn't really been a problem with the emp vehicles except for poor jester troll2 (reference to fail montage 5). Its been mentioned by earl to possible make them trial vehicles instead. I just really love emp! no.. I feel that the map is so easy that making it trial vehicle would just make the map to boring like baby mentioned(although I must admit the map still is pretty boring). I'm still really against the idea of doing trial vehicles on this map. I haven't seen enough tears of rage to convince me otherwise. Considering most ldg players are quick to rage about emp I haven't seen much on this map.

If only there was a add on mod to racing server to encourage players to get best times on trial maps. Like dbesttimes which is a mod that was done for trial servers. We seem to be getting more and more into these vehicle trial maps. That and players are constantly getting into this mind set of get to obj and then wait for a buddy. Having a mod to encourage people to get the best time on an objective might fix this problem. and I'm going way into a whole different discussion that needs its own thread..
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 21 Feb , 2014 2:58 pm

If a best times mod were to be added, they'd just have crossing the finish line record your time, to keep the trend of permanent 20 minute trial maps going.

I tried to add NV to the mod server a while back, so that trials could be practiced on it, but it appears that NV doesn't work on any server except LDG#1.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Fri 21 Feb , 2014 3:32 pm

Azarael wrote:If a best times mod were to be added, they'd just have crossing the finish line record your time, to keep the trend of permanent 20 minute trial maps going.

I tried to add NV to the mod server a while back, so that trials could be practiced on it, but it appears that NV doesn't work on any server except LDG#1.
Well I was thinking of a modified best times kinda idea. (should of specified that)

I'm assuming the fact that nv only works on server 1 has to do with the way izumo coded it?

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 21 Feb , 2014 3:38 pm

Stops me taking the files and making a copy of it.

Robot Nitro Vehicles (RNV) would have been spectacular ;(

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Sun 23 Feb , 2014 2:59 am

darkelf wrote:
Azarael wrote:If a best times mod were to be added, they'd just have crossing the finish line record your time, to keep the trend of permanent 20 minute trial maps going.

Well I was thinking of a modified best times kinda idea. (should of specified that)

I'm assuming the fact that nv only works on server 1 has to do with the way izumo coded it?
There should be no restriction to just server 1. Must have been misconfiguration.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sun 23 Feb , 2014 9:58 am

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ctqwy ... -[EMP].zip

Change log:
Tracks:
- Objective 1 has been moddified to be balanced to both teams and has been extended just a bit.
- Objective 3 kill volume for pit has been fixed to be 5000 damage per second
- Objective 3/4 kill volume has been modified to not kill those on obj 3 going over lava pit jump.

Overall:
- Map screen shot updated due to obj 1 different layout.
- Movers have been set to close after each objective to prevent players messin about or those who can't figure out what obj to go to.
- You will be respawned along with all vehicles after 3 seconds of completing objective.

Screenshots:(sorry about size.. imageshack has decided to make there service no long free so ill be using media fire for the time being..)

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sun 23 Feb , 2014 11:19 am

Imgur is the best upload service for pictures ATM

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Mon 24 Feb , 2014 4:15 am

Live.