RACE-Furry-Jolteontrials-[EMP]

For posting your maps.
Calypto

Re: RACE-Furry-Jolteontrials-[EMP]

Post by Calypto » Mon 24 Feb , 2014 6:07 am

iRobot wrote:Imgur is the best upload service for pictures ATM
I find that http://postimage.org/ is best, imgur changed their image compression settings and the site in general seems to be more of a social network than an image hosting site.

darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Post by darkelf » Wed 26 Feb , 2014 6:53 pm

Thanks for the links to alternate image hosting!

As for the latest version its working but Its not good enough.

Obj1 was designed to be balanced to both teams but the way I felt I needed to go about it prevented me from making the initial jump challenging at all.. so I will have to redesign the map to make it work.

Obj4 is just as unbalanced as 1 was and still is so I will have to redesign that as well..

Over all: Vehicles will have to go trial scorp.. I hate it.. I'm really against the idea of unarmed racing. However in this map there just isn't any way to do it. To much emp spam and ramming from enemy and teammates.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sun 02 Mar , 2014 9:25 am

Change log:
Objective 1:
-Obj 1 made more difficult. Moved the drop down area to center along with the map advert to be more aligned. I placed arrows to help people learn how to make the jump on obj1. Its difficult but once learned easy to do.
-Mover has been set to not show shadow to prevent the wonderful shadow of something that doesn't' exist forever.

Objective 2:
-I spent some time aligning it. So it looks a bit better and is rides a bit smoother now.
-Obj 2 door that closes after completion has been set to unlit true so it doesn't look completely dark when it closes.

Objective 3:
-Added some light to dark areas.

Objective 4:
-It has been moved to have the entrance in the center(right under neath the ramp to start obj 1). Now its accessible by both teams at same time ratio.
-Track has been extended in one area just to make it line up right. (just a straight away) It also helps with the /\ jump giving you more room to charge nitro.
-Track has been aligned to look at little more pleasing to the eye.

Overall:
-Vehicles have been changed to trial scorps. I really didn't want to do this but based on full game sessions on this map emp is nothing but a crutch for those who failed/fallen and wish to let all know they suck. Also due to vehicle ramming not only from enemies but from team mates as well.

Download link is same as previous link but here it is anyways: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ctqwy ... -[EMP].zip
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Sun 09 Mar , 2014 3:33 am

I uploaded and tried the latest version and it's completely broken: trial scorpions can't complete obj, they still can touch each other (they just become transparent when you're close to someone) and have you thought about the fact that they can't jump? I managed to finish it without jumping (and manually disabling the objectives) but the average racer will cry tears of rage right at first obj :twisted:
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Sun 09 Mar , 2014 4:59 am

It's missing the "blue box" actor in editor if scorps can touch each other.

Nardaq_NL

Post by Nardaq_NL » Sun 09 Mar , 2014 5:09 am

erm... why not use LDG its own upload service http://upload-it.thenicam.ch/ its UT related so why not host here? It's uber fast to joinha

Just drag (multiple) files the the box and evoila challenge)

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sun 09 Mar , 2014 7:35 am

whoops completely forgot about that.. as for uploading things here.. I stopped doing that a while back just cause it was unreliable a while back and I just got in the habit of uploading it things to somewhere else.

In testing the map since there is no current working version of trial scorps offline so it didn't present a problem or help me to recall that there totally different.. Heh. Yah give me a few hours ill fix up the issues.

EDIT:
Change Log:
-comparability issues. (Set the trial mutator actor from no shield gun to trail map mod. Objectives have been set to proper vehicle tag.. dimbo me..)
-Added a lip ramp to areas that needed due to no jump ability.

"Sorry, the board attachment qouta has been reached."

This is why I use something else..

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/nm6yy ... Trial].zip

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Thu 03 Apr , 2014 5:49 am

Change Log:
-Removed Barrels. They do not work with trial scorpions.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/nm6yy ... Trial].zip

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Mon 14 Apr , 2014 8:11 am

Change Log(4/14/2014):
-Blocking volumes removed.
-Implemented Check point system.
-PreFinish Volume added to last objective.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/xfrhw ... al][C].zip

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Tue 14 Nov , 2017 12:05 pm

Errors / Observations: Many jumps in level were designed for having the jump function. The current work around that is being used to overcome this is by just using turbo from the Nitro vehicles, which isn't always as successful as I had intended for the level remake/conversion to LDG racing.
Note: The original map had super fast scorpions that had jump abilities.

Question: Does the Nitro vehicles mod for Trial scorpions have ability in config to make them able to be jumpable (via config in level editor)? Or is this not a current option with trial scorpions in the current version of nitro vehicles.
(Sadly I'm currently unable to use level editor to experiment and fix this issue. I am currently running on mac through a wine like tool which sadly doesn't play well with the editor. )

Request: If anyone is willing, can someone see if the trial scorpions can have jump enabled for this map? If not, no worries map seems to have been played this way for ages with no problems, but I think it would be a nice and welcomed change.