RACE-LLS-Forest-Race

For posting your maps.
iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: RACE-LLS-Forest-Race

Post by iRobot » Mon 11 Aug , 2014 11:30 am

darkelf wrote:Hold objectives that raise a gate: That might work. It would work much so like the garage systems that we use on race tracks instead it would just be gates that move up and down slowly. Might consider this depending on next exit of map.
Well the intention was to delay the leading car only, if the gate went back down then it would just delay everyone.

As for the note about Havoc's only on new maps.. what's the point? If it could make a map better, it should be encouraged.

darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Post by darkelf » Mon 11 Aug , 2014 11:37 am

iRobot wrote:
darkelf wrote:Hold objectives that raise a gate: That might work. It would work much so like the garage systems that we use on race tracks instead it would just be gates that move up and down slowly. Might consider this depending on next exit of map.
Well the intention was to delay the leading car only, if the gate went back down then it would just delay everyone.

As for the note about Havoc's only on new maps.. what's the point? If it could make a map better, it should be encouraged.
Well when I say slow returning.. I mean really slow. Opening will probably take about 5-10 seconds and I'll set the hold open option to around 30-50 seconds.

As far as havoc's. That's just a whole different conversation.. Which should probably be raised up again and discussed. Its been quite some time since we have discussed it's impact on the general population.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Tue 12 Aug , 2014 11:54 am

I tried the 'hold gate' strategy on the very first edits of RainbowRace - it was not appreciated. In this case the trigger either opened a shortcut of 10 to 20 seconds (this wasn't particularly successful because the vehicles were all scorpions, so teamplay wasn't encouraged; I think shortcuts could be encouraged in some longer tracks if a pedestrian path were to be placed so that teamwork benders could pass and allow the footman who triggered the gate to rejoin the bender); or, raised a permanent bridge as part of the track (this also wasn't successful as the majority of players were either confused, or didn't notice/read the message instructing them to trigger the bridge). Maybe a few gates would work out, but I would be concerned that bottlenecks would appear - wouldn't want the first driver to be penalised too much, especially if they'd already fought a couple of battles to get ahead.

I think the map would lend itself well to an aircraft of some design, provided the respawn delay isn't too short and the vehicles continue to be TWBs. Maybe accessible after the second objective considering the nature of the first two?
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Tue 12 Aug , 2014 3:44 pm

It could be a good map for Dragonflies as it's pretty big and you could reintroduce the Atlas. Add a couple more shields for drivers and maybe a "parking" to get a new vehicle to have a chance to finish the map...

I don't think the turret idea is a good thing. It would encourage people unable to drive to spam them (I say would because I've never seen anybody use them, but I haven't played it a lot). As someone said before, I thought they would be neutral and shooting at the first driver coming.

For the hold strategy, as Earl says it didn't work on RainbowRace. If someone stayed to activate the shortcut, he was left behind on foot as the road closed after he left. So giving a way to join this bender would be great like a teleporter appearing for 5 seconds once the bender has crossed the road (if it's possible) or something.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Tue 12 Aug , 2014 7:24 pm

i would really like to use dragon flies for this map. However we already got a map like that (stadium race). It isn't received to well.

However its a much smaller map and it has no cover. This map has trees that can cover you very well.

If we can get Izumo and several other admins to sign off on it. I would be very much so in favor of removing link turrets and introduce atlas with plasma turret with charging shield and dragonflies. Plus whatever small modifications that might need to be done to properly balance.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Tue 12 Aug , 2014 11:21 pm

I'd be in favour of deleting the turrets and replacing them with a dragonfly each. At the moment the map still takes around five minutes to complete.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 12 Aug , 2014 11:44 pm

I am always pro-Dragonfly.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 13 Aug , 2014 10:02 am

I would err on the side of caution with the respawn timer on the dragonfly however, just driving with no obstruction still takes several minutes to complete. It would be a nuisance to have to deal with several dragonflies each attempt.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Wed 13 Aug , 2014 10:28 am

iRobot wrote:I would err on the side of caution with the respawn timer on the dragonfly however, just driving with no obstruction still takes several minutes to complete. It would be a nuisance to have to deal with several dragonflies each attempt.
Yep, if I am allowed to go this route it will be trial an error till we find out the best re-spawn time for dragonfly.

Donnie
Forever Alonnie

Post by Donnie » Wed 13 Aug , 2014 7:07 pm

Yes, this map is perfect for Dragonflies!