RACE-AssaultRacerz New Map

For posting your maps.

How should Air support vehicles be utilized in this level(AssaultRacerz only)?

No Raptor or manta support.
22%
Raptor(prison) and manta (non prison).
44%
Raptor(non-prison) and manta(prison)
No votes
Raptor and manta support(both prison).
No votes
Raptor and manta support(both non-prison).
11%
Only raptor(non-prison).
No votes
Only manta(non-prison).
No votes
Only raptor(prison).
11%
Only manta(prison).
No votes
Leave map with the current edits however set objective 1's manta to be non-prison.
No votes
No opinion.
11%

Total votes: 9

darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Re: RACE-AssaultRacerz New Map

Post by darkelf » Wed 24 Jan , 2018 12:35 am

I'll give the voting one more day, then i'll implement what ever idea has most votes. If it turns out bad in game play we can revisit this issue.

I also intend to fix spawn points for obj 1 and 2 to have better spawn protection. Currently players are able to walk/dodge and avoid sentinels and harass enemy team and take there deemers.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 24 Jan , 2018 10:14 am

What is the difference between [Raptor(prison) and manta (non prison)] and [Leave map with the current edits however set objective 1's manta to be non-prison.]?

Are the Raptors not currently prison? I thought this was said to be mandatory?

Satin

Post by Satin » Wed 24 Jan , 2018 11:33 am

On that map, the Raptor is currently non prison

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 24 Jan , 2018 12:34 pm

I see, then that's just an oversight. Shouldn't be left.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Wed 24 Jan , 2018 2:39 pm

iRobot wrote: Wed 24 Jan , 2018 10:14 am What is the difference between [Raptor(prison) and manta (non prison)] and [Leave map with the current edits however set objective 1's manta to be non-prison.]?

Are the Raptors not currently prison? I thought this was said to be mandatory?
For "Raptor(prison) and manta (non prison)": This one is pretty straight forward. I set all raptors in level to be prison and set all mantas to non prison.

For "Leave map with the current edits however set objective 1's manta to be non-prison": I'm referring to the active map on server right now that has the edits I already made(both raptor and manta are prison in the active version). In this scenario All I do is leave the raptors prison and set the obj 1 manta to non prison and keep the level 3/4 manta prison.

In regards to raptors. In general in race maps raptors should always be prison, however we do allow for the unusual scenario where it may not be needed.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Wed 24 Jan , 2018 11:28 pm

Figured it was close enough to a full 24 hours. Winner is "Raptor(prison) and manta (non prison)."

Change log 1/24/2018:
-Manta's in this level are now no longer prison. You can leave at will. if you exit vehicle within a checkpoint, sorry about your luck.( We can revisit this edit in the future if needed.)
-Added additional sentinels and blocking volume in obj 1 and 2 spawn area for better protection against spawn killing.
-Increased viewing distance on all sentinels so they can do there job in defending spawns.
-Added blocking volume to obj3/4 spawn base so players can't easily jump to other spawns.
-Added blocking volume to prevent vehicles from driving into spawn room.

Satin

Post by Satin » Thu 25 Jan , 2018 11:31 am

Just explain how the manta/checkpoint/person thing works again.

If you get out at any point and are tp'd back to the last checkpoint or whatever, why bother making the manta non-prison, We've already established only the bender can complete the objective, does it matter if the manta plot gets out? why a penalty.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 25 Jan , 2018 1:44 pm

It's not really a penalty, it's just the checkpoint doesn't know how the person got there other than "did they cross the previous checkpoints". Since the checkpoint volume encompasses the objective, it's just collateral damage.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Thu 25 Jan , 2018 1:48 pm

Satin wrote: Thu 25 Jan , 2018 11:31 am Just explain how the manta/checkpoint/person thing works again.

If you get out at any point and are tp'd back to the last checkpoint or whatever, why bother making the manta non-prison, We've already established only the bender can complete the objective, does it matter if the manta plot gets out? why a penalty.
So the way the checkpoint system is coded, there is no way to adapt for this scenario in a logical since. It was never designed for aircraft that were not a prison. The checkpoint system only checks for cars and walking players, it does not look for anything else. So in order to do what your asking it would require telling the checkpoint system to look for mantas as well. This presents a pretty obvious problem.. Mantas by there nature are a flying hover vehicle that has the ability to float downward long distances. So manta pilots and most every player is going to use and expect to use mantas as such. Mantas will be constantly missing checkpoints. I hardly think this is a needed change for 1 map where a level creator decided to use a manta in a race map that has multiple switch backs and drop downs to previous track.. thus breaking the common sense rule for adding air support with no prison vehicles to a race map. There would of been no problem with none prison air support if the map was like sprintrace where the map is just a track in a big straight line. This level was not designed that way so this was just the signs of a new mapper not having the knowledge of how best to create air support for this particular game type.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 25 Jan , 2018 2:23 pm

Really, in a nutshell it is this - You [on behalf of the mapper] have a conflict in the form of a system designed to stop people skipping the track, and a vehicle deliberately placed to skip the track. Can't have both and it work smoothly. If you want CPs the Manta makes no sense at all.

Either make it Prison and buff its health to compensate so it's actually a defense tool (currently has something laughable like 200hp), or replace it with a Prison Raptor.

I appreciate the notion is there to somewhat preserve the mappers intents, but they presumably didn't have CPs in mind, and CPs are the mandatory here.

Honestly this map doesn't deserve this much attention - It is not voted often, it's nothing noteworthy and has had to go through a lot of fixes to even get to this point.