RACE-AssaultRacerz New Map

For posting your maps.

How should Air support vehicles be utilized in this level(AssaultRacerz only)?

No Raptor or manta support.
22%
Raptor(prison) and manta (non prison).
44%
Raptor(non-prison) and manta(prison)
No votes
Raptor and manta support(both prison).
No votes
Raptor and manta support(both non-prison).
11%
Only raptor(non-prison).
No votes
Only manta(non-prison).
No votes
Only raptor(prison).
11%
Only manta(prison).
No votes
Leave map with the current edits however set objective 1's manta to be non-prison.
No votes
No opinion.
11%

Total votes: 9

darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Re: RACE-AssaultRacerz New Map

Post by darkelf » Mon 22 Jan , 2018 3:37 pm

Den wrote: Mon 22 Jan , 2018 3:06 pm If map is created for teamwork, lots of abilities to shoot, you need shield, gunner, mate to unlock obj sure flying vehicles must be prison. IMHO the best fix of any problem with flying vehicle is to remove it :?
Yah, I agree flying vehicles should be removed in some cases. I just try to do everything I can when I edit levels to try and stay as true as I can (within reason) to the original mappers thought process. I want to see the map play a few times.. I might replace mantas with raptors instead.. however in obj 1 that would present some problems due to the design of the second half of track, however it could be modified/adapted for a raptor in this area.
iRobot wrote: Mon 22 Jan , 2018 3:06 pm If you can't change entry message, perhaps there is some way to have a prompt on screen when they try to leave it?

The dragonfly has a prompt when you try to drop a bomb at the wrong angle, so it's a possibility. Maybe see how that is coded.
Yes that would be a nice thing as well, however that will take some more time on my end to figure out how all that is done. I'm not a coder however I can understand the basic principles and can at least read how someone did it and possibly copy paste the code to my use in a different vehicle.

Since I just played the map on server, other then stupid complaints about not being able to tk team mates into lava in spawn...sigh. There was a few things that I want to tweak.

1. The drop down area is a bit to easy I think, however the game wasn't full so I'm not to sure how much shooting is going to take place there with the wider platforms.
2. Time extension of 5 mins will be needed so I'll be implementing that to second objective. However the previous 15 min extension is completely not needed.
3. Will add a message above flying vehicle spawns to advice they are prison vehicles and you can not exit them. This will only be for this map, I'm not going to update every level with a message over flying vehicles. I'll only do this if I have some other game breaking mechanic that needs to be fixed in that map then I'll add the message. I would much prefer an updated message into nitro vehicles code vs doing this option.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 22 Jan , 2018 4:11 pm

Thanks for taking the time to do that

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Mon 22 Jan , 2018 4:58 pm

I don't know for prison manta, it's kinda helpful when you arrive obj and must wait 5 minutes for someone to come but they die, so someone can take the manta and come open the garage for you. I know it can seem like "cheating", but a manta is very weak and can be pushed out easily. If you make it prison, you can remove it as well as I don't see what's the use then: it's very weak, very bad at making damage against vehicles and not very agile except jumping up and down (which is easily countered with the shock turret)... And it could transport another player to obj and bypass the "prison effect".
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 22 Jan , 2018 5:00 pm

And it could transport another player to obj and bypass the "prison effect".
That's a valid point.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Mon 22 Jan , 2018 9:51 pm

The whole manta thing has me wondering why on earth it was put into this level in the first place. Its causing more pain then any good. I'm trying to edit the level in the way that I believe best represents the thought process that I feel the original author had in mind.

I see garage objs as being designed for people traveling in car to objective and a team mate opening the door. Air crafts in land vehicle races have always been designed as an air support like system. As far as I'm concerned that was the original thought process that all map makers had when they converted or made levels using garages.

So since I'm editing this map and the community seems to have all come in like a flock of birds to cry about prison vehicles in a simple edit of a map and there difference of opinions on prison vehicles. I'll add a pole. Which ever one wins gets to be put in effect in the map. I'm tired and sick of arguing logic.

Caveat: This only applies to this map. If you want to change the whole prison vehicles system start a new thread and voice your concerns there.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off

Satin

Post by Satin » Tue 23 Jan , 2018 2:32 pm

Given people can ride on mantas you either need to remove completely or just let them stay, generally they're used to get to top of the tower on on obj 1 and then grab a deemer or mines and lay traps, given the hp of a manta is low it's not (to me ) a big thing, garage is only triggered by a bender, so someone has still got to get there in a bender in any case, which is easier said than done, the trial bit defeats many players.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Tue 23 Jan , 2018 3:32 pm

As a reminder, if you get out of a manta inside a checkpoint, you will be sent back to the last checkpoint you hit, leaving your manta you exited behind. So the way I currently have checkpoints set up, you won't be able to open door if you fly in any way with manta to objective(even if you fly manta through every checkpoint. Checkpoints do not do a thing for mantas or raptors.. it does not see them period.) So you would have to have a passenger on manta and fly them through each checkpoint in order to do what I believe is the ultimate goal people are seeking here.

Satin

Post by Satin » Tue 23 Jan , 2018 5:48 pm

I'm not seeing that, I play this map regularly I haven't yet seen any passengers (not to say it doesn't happen), but typically the manta guy will stop to pick up deemers etc, then try to stop any enemy benders from completing obj either by the obj garage itself or further back at the top by deemer spawn area. as far as I'm aware the manta can't complete obj, it has to be a bender? in which case it wouldn't matter if they carried 20 ppl on the manta as until the bender gets there the obj can't be completed in any case. Additionally the other team get a manta too, and they do the same.

If the manta CAN complete the obj, can't the garage be coded to only recognize bender.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Tue 23 Jan , 2018 6:34 pm

Yes most garage objectives or vehicle objectives are always set to be completed by ground vehicles only or a specific vehicle.

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Wed 24 Jan , 2018 12:26 am

Mantas can't complete objectives. But my point was, if you're a solo bender waiting at objective, and it has happened to me a lot of times, and nobody else can reach the objective because they wanted to try by themselves/didn't want to go with me, then I ask for someone to take the manta and come open to me. I imagine that with the checkpoint system and as Elfy mentioned, if the cp resets the player in the manta, then he could carry someone else to the objective for the same outcome. Of course it takes two people to cooperate AND listen to what you're saying, but in theory it should work.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...