RACE-AssaultRacerz New Map

For posting your maps.

How should Air support vehicles be utilized in this level(AssaultRacerz only)?

No Raptor or manta support.
22%
Raptor(prison) and manta (non prison).
44%
Raptor(non-prison) and manta(prison)
No votes
Raptor and manta support(both prison).
No votes
Raptor and manta support(both non-prison).
11%
Only raptor(non-prison).
No votes
Only manta(non-prison).
No votes
Only raptor(prison).
11%
Only manta(prison).
No votes
Leave map with the current edits however set objective 1's manta to be non-prison.
No votes
No opinion.
11%

Total votes: 9

0rang3

Re: RACE-AssaultRacerz New Map

Post by 0rang3 » Mon 12 Dec , 2016 1:41 pm

Why not Den, if you haven't even heard my music? =)
Typical Den: "It's shit, even if i never seen it" =)

Den
System Administrator

Post by Den » Mon 12 Dec , 2016 1:42 pm

I heard your current music, is good

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Mon 12 Dec , 2016 7:26 pm

C'mon guys, let's recede the trollin' here and get back to topic.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Wed 27 Dec , 2017 3:11 pm

Change Log 12/27/2017:
-KR-Glacier added to level music
-Fixed all movers so they will not return when encroached.
-Fixed all movers to have correct collision
-Fixed all elevator movers so you have more then a slit second to get on the mover.
-Added screenshot and loading screen to level.
-Renamed level just AssaultRacerz instead of v1 nonsense.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Fri 19 Jan , 2018 6:12 pm

Tortured myself and played this level some more today and convinced myself that further edits will be needed. Here is my list of things that I think should be edited. Please list any additional edit requests for this level or any arguments to the list I have below:

1. Spawns for 1 and 2. Remove the spawn room that requires you to go to a teleporter to get to actual vehicle spawn room. Reason: Waste of time and causes multiple telefrag tk's.
2. Obj 1, increase landing size for platforms that you have to drop down individually too. Also add arrows to the correct location to remove the blind jump nonsense. Reason: Platforms are way to small for the thought process the mapper had in mind and it slows the map down so much that this objective takes about 200% longer then it needs to.
3. Obj 1, increase size of platfourms to climb up to the first trial area of obj one so track touches wall. Reason: Cars get stuck in this small gap way to often. A lot of times it just happens with no fault of driver.
4. Overall: Add checkpoint check point system and remove random kill volumes that destroys deemers.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off

Satin

Post by Satin » Fri 19 Jan , 2018 8:55 pm

point 4 might be problematic, there's raptors & mantas

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sat 20 Jan , 2018 1:48 am

Raptors are not effected by checkpoints. Mantas on the other hand might be.

Den
System Administrator

Post by Den » Sat 20 Jan , 2018 2:48 am

About CPs, this map was teste a lot also to fing glitches, there are already many fixes, don't think CPs really needed. Map was made to be hard and now when players know it don't think that it really needs to be edited. Maybe only textures. BTW did you see my old post with big list of maps and problems on them?

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sat 20 Jan , 2018 3:00 pm

Thanks for the feed back!
Den wrote: Sat 20 Jan , 2018 2:48 am About CPs, this map was teste a lot also to fing glitches, there are already many fixes, don't think CPs really needed.
-Not seeing the argument for why cps shouldn't be placed. Looking at map there is clearly still possible ways to exploit, If necessary I can take a few hours and make a video of a few of them, but I see that as a waste of time. Check point system would have no negative side to being implemented. The positives of this is that any fix done by prior mapper who used kill volumes to prevent exploits could be removed, by doing so would allow raptors, mantas and deemers fly through level unaffected by invisible walls/kill volumes. Also to tie in a post from satin, Raptors are unaffected by check point system. I also did a test and mantas are also unaffected by checkpoint system. Will need to make sure the raptor is a prison raptor in this level to prevent unfair advantage. Manta has no prison vehicle replacement in nitro vehicles from what I recall, but no fear, this is a very simple thing that I can change some configs and make a custom vehicle for into mylevel. Unless you have some kinda detailed reason why checkpoints shouldn't be implemented, I'm going to peruse with adding this system. I see no down side and it doesn't take long to implement.
Den wrote: Sat 20 Jan , 2018 2:48 am Map was made to be hard and now when players know it don't think that it really needs to be edited.
Obj 1 recommended fix 1: Removing spawn room and merging it to vehicles spawn area.
Reason 1: This adds time to the spawning process to get to the actual play area.
Reason 2: The use of teleporters to get a massive amount of people to another area like this results in massive amounts of tk's.
Reason 3: One spawn room has water in the middle that doesn't kill while the other has lava which does. Seems kinda unfair.
Additional idea for fix: Redesign vehicle spawn room to allow for more vehicles and a easier access to game play area so you don't have to push unused vehicles out of the way causing a traffic jam.

Obj 1 recommended fix 2:So to give a clearer Idea of what I'm talking about removing these mall gap see the below picture.
screen1.jpg
Reason 1: Want to fix this to prevent vehicles getting stuck at little to no fault of driver.
Reason 2: Vehicles that get stuck here often take a while to re spawn and in a full server could effect the amount of vehicles in base.
Reason 3: Vehicles getting stuck here cause an unintended road block to team mates trying to get by.
Reason 4: I just hate getting my vehicle stuck here.. I see it as an unintentional troll put in level.
--I'm ok leaving this area untouched if there is an outcry. But I see this as a sign of mapper being a little lazy in placement of platforms and didn't shoot the platforms to wall.

Obj 1 recommended fix 3:Are we looking at the same level? This map is incredibly easy to complete with the exception of the one area in the below picture.
screen2.jpg
Reason 1: These platforms are really small and leave little room for any type of unreal physics on vehicles after taking a landing.
Reason 2: There is no cover at all. A enemy can camp in this area and completely stop the gameplay and pick benders off with ease. If you go to the area just before these jumps you have another small trial area which is oddly enough protected by a wall! It's like the mapper knew that vehicles could be easily be shot off making this area way harder to do in a combative map so they added a wall to prevent that from happening. You also see this wall concept later on in objective one where there is a two beam straddle.
Overall reason: This fall down to the lower platform to lower platform clearly appears to be overlooked in prior edits of this level. By no means do I want to replace the concept of the original mappers idea of vehicles having to jump down to a lower platform. I'm just suggesting making platforms wider to make it so this trial is doable in a combative match. In regards to map difficulty. I'm seriously not getting how you think this map was meant to be "hard".
Den wrote: Sat 20 Jan , 2018 2:48 am BTW did you see my old post with big list of maps and problems on them?
-No I don't recall seeing that post. Mind linking to it? I'll take a look and see if there is anything I can get done.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sat 20 Jan , 2018 7:49 pm

Generally, if someone says CP not needed, then they are.