RACE-AssaultRacerz New Map

For posting your maps.

How should Air support vehicles be utilized in this level(AssaultRacerz only)?

No Raptor or manta support.
22%
Raptor(prison) and manta (non prison).
44%
Raptor(non-prison) and manta(prison)
No votes
Raptor and manta support(both prison).
No votes
Raptor and manta support(both non-prison).
11%
Only raptor(non-prison).
No votes
Only manta(non-prison).
No votes
Only raptor(prison).
11%
Only manta(prison).
No votes
Leave map with the current edits however set objective 1's manta to be non-prison.
No votes
No opinion.
11%

Total votes: 9

Den
System Administrator

Re: RACE-AssaultRacerz New Map

Post by Den » Sun 21 Jan , 2018 5:59 am

Adding a wall as it is now is better way to avoid glitching than CPs. There are glitches with CPs, but I still didn't find way to go through BSP wall. However CPs instead of walls will make map more playable during megafun, at least will be possible to do objectives.
Mind linking to it?
Search in private forums.

Yes, first times ppl were confused with teleports and etc, now its not a real problem, same as other things, vehicles etc. IMHO biggest problem is barrels, you have to stop to destroy them too often. Tracks are long, you can be shot when driving at any part of map + while you stop to destroy barrels... And drive again these long tracks. I think it's more important. I don't say you are going to do useless things or make map worse but it's really not so important.

You can fix score on overlord, fix FPS on castle (yes, who are using shity hardware moaning about FPS, huge map with a lot of BSP, some of it can be replaced with meshes or just removed as forests etc), do sth with tracks cuz gunners are bored. You can take most played maps as WC, Volcano, Volcano trial, Desert, Crazy etc, make another editions with new tracks. Remake OLDZ maps for nitro vehicles, with better textures, without bugs. If you want to improve maps and ready to waste time, I think there are better ways than fixing things which nobody cares about on maps which nobody is playing.

darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Post by darkelf » Sun 21 Jan , 2018 1:45 pm

Den wrote: Sun 21 Jan , 2018 5:59 amAdding a wall as it is now is better way to avoid glitching than CPs. There are glitches with CPs, but I still didn't find way to go through BSP wall. However CPs instead of walls will make map more playable during megafun, at least will be possible to do objectives.

-What glitches are you referring to with cp's? To my knowledge there is no remaining bugs with this system. The only existing problem with them is when players learn where the check points are and manage to cut a few seconds here and there, which IMHO doesn't constitute as glitching, just knowing the map.
Den wrote: Sun 21 Jan , 2018 5:59 am Yes, first times ppl were confused with teleports and etc, now its not a real problem, same as other things, vehicles etc. IMHO biggest problem is barrels, you have to stop to destroy them too often. Tracks are long, you can be shot when driving at any part of map + while you stop to destroy barrels... And drive again these long tracks. I think it's more important. I don't say you are going to do useless things or make map worse but it's really not so important.

-Teamkilling 25% of the team when you initial start the match is a problem.
-Most of the barrels in this map can be hopped over with ease or with a decent gunner can easily be taken out in a timely manner. In regards to the track being to long, I agree Cole for what ever reason loved making his tracks extremely long, however this was his design. So I'm not going to edit track length as that comes in the territory of going way to far in an edit of a level IMHO.
Den wrote: Sun 21 Jan , 2018 5:59 am You can fix score on overlord, fix FPS on castle (yes, who are using shity hardware moaning about FPS, huge map with a lot of BSP, some of it can be replaced with meshes or just removed as forests etc), do sth with tracks cuz gunners are bored. You can take most played maps as WC, Volcano, Volcano trial, Desert, Crazy etc, make another editions with new tracks. Remake OLDZ maps for nitro vehicles, with better textures, without bugs.
Lets not hijack this thread for you own mission of trying to get other project maps or maps fixes besides the one this thread is named about. My list of priority maps to edit is slowly shrinking. When I get some time, I will edit some of the none critical maps. Until then, I'm focusing on fixing maps that are on server that are broken to the point that no one wants to play them or when they do get played, the general population either rage quits, or trolls through out the whole map out of boredom.
Den wrote: Sun 21 Jan , 2018 5:59 am If you want to improve maps and ready to waste time, I think there are better ways than fixing things which nobody cares about on maps which nobody is playing.
So unless you want to pay me to do your side quest of having maps made that you desire.. I'm going to work on maps that I choose need priority. Tread lightly on how you want to attack someone volunteering there time to edit maps.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sun 21 Jan , 2018 2:31 pm

darkelf wrote: Sun 21 Jan , 2018 1:45 pm
Den wrote: Sun 21 Jan , 2018 5:59 amAdding a wall as it is now is better way to avoid glitching than CPs. There are glitches with CPs, but I still didn't find way to go through BSP wall. However CPs instead of walls will make map more playable during megafun, at least will be possible to do objectives.

-What glitches are you referring to with cp's? To my knowledge there is no remaining bugs with this system. The only existing problem with them is when players learn where the check points are and manage to cut a few seconds here and there, which IMHO doesn't constitute as glitching, just knowing the map.
There is an issue with checkpoints that shouldn't be revealed on this forum, but I've sent a PM to Elfy explaining what that issue is.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Sun 21 Jan , 2018 3:29 pm

What I can think of is sometimes the detection area is not wide enough or placed 1 meter too "in advance; For the first one I can think of HeavenRace, with the big ramp at the end of obj 1 where if you use nitro, you will jump over the checkpoint and be reset. It can also happen on other maps when you cut a turn too much. And for the second one, it happened to me on JVehicleRace, at the big fall en route to obj 3, I landed almost at the end of the road and it was too far for the cp, whereas I didn't take any shortcut.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sun 21 Jan , 2018 7:43 pm

bOnO wrote: Sun 21 Jan , 2018 3:29 pm What I can think of is sometimes the detection area is not wide enough or placed 1 meter too "in advance; For the first one I can think of HeavenRace, with the big ramp at the end of obj 1 where if you use nitro, you will jump over the checkpoint and be reset. It can also happen on other maps when you cut a turn too much. And for the second one, it happened to me on JVehicleRace, at the big fall en route to obj 3, I landed almost at the end of the road and it was too far for the cp, whereas I didn't take any shortcut.
Ah ok, that's minor things that can be fixed to the level its self. So as a whole, I still see nothing wrong with the cp system, other then what earl has pmed me about and as long as its implemented properly.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off

Den
System Administrator

Post by Den » Sun 21 Jan , 2018 8:11 pm

I can drive where I want, complete objective without touching necessary checkpoints during track, that is a problem with checkpoints. Sure it's your time and you can waste it doing what you want. Just showed my opinion that there are some more important things to fix than CPs on AssaultRacerz, that's all.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sun 21 Jan , 2018 8:32 pm

Den wrote: Sun 21 Jan , 2018 8:11 pmI can drive where I want, complete objective without touching necessary checkpoints during track, that is a problem with checkpoints.
That's not a problem with the cp system that's a problem with the implementation of the system. Cp's are not the only thing I'm fixing on this level, I'm fixing much more then that. This sudden attack against cp system seems odd to me.. if there is levels that you think need better implementation of the CP system list the levels in a separate thread and I can add that to my list of maps to fix. I'm fully aware that there are lots of levels on server that have checkpoint systems that were not placed as well as they could have been. Its a very easy thing to fix in the editor and takes less then 30 mins to fix. I just need to know which maps these are.. I have no current list of these levels atm, but I'll try and keep an eye out for them.

Den wrote: Sun 21 Jan , 2018 8:11 pmSure it's your time and you can waste it doing what you want. Just showed my opinion that there are some more important things to fix than CPs on AssaultRacerz, that's all.
I only fix maps that people recommend to me to be fixed or I personally see in my game sessions that need to be fixed. So unless someone brings them to my attention, I can't read minds.

Den
System Administrator

Post by Den » Sun 21 Jan , 2018 8:41 pm

Implementation? You think CPs are just not configured correctly? No. There are tricks even with correctly configured CPs.
So unless someone brings them to my attention, I can't read minds.
That is what I'm trying to do

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sun 21 Jan , 2018 9:29 pm

Den wrote: Sun 21 Jan , 2018 8:41 pm Implementation? You think CPs are just not configured correctly? No. There are tricks even with correctly configured CPs.
Not sure how familiar you are with unreal editor or how cp's are set up in map. If you knew what I do on how these cp's worked and how they can be manipulated for my own use.. you wouldn't be questioning what I mean by implementation.

So I since your mind is currently wrapped up in the idea that CP system is only able to be used in levels to set 10 different points on one track that you have to reach each point in order, then you can do objective. This idea only works in a flat map that is completely straight in line or if it has turns it is completely surrounded in walls.

So using assaultracerz map as an example, we know this map is not flat you have many jumps and switch back turns that come on its self. So in this scenario the proper way to set up a check point system would be to do the typical basic set up of x amount of track width(give or take a few extra feet) check points and then cover the entire objective area in a checkpoint box. To go along with this simple system, you can duplicate the last check point for this specific track and make it act as a bsp wall/kill volume or blocking volume where ever needed to prevent vehicles getting an unfair advantage by jumping down or up to a part of track that they aren't meant to access yet. In other words we can use the checkpoint system to prevent people short cutting a track to unfairly get ahead of an enemy or catch up to an enemy and eliminate them then resetting there selves back to where they were. This is how the checkpoint system needs to be implemented not only on this map but on others. For the most part all the cp corrected levels have been done well, how ever there is a hand full that need to be fixed to give better protection.

This may not make perfect since to you. It's probably easier to do a video explaining it. Either way, I feel 100% confident in my abilities to make the cp system work just fine in this level. If I didn't feel so, I would pursue different avenues to protect shortcut/exploits.

Edit: Had some time and your not the only one who had questions in regards to check point system. Had a few level creators ask me how to set it up so I went a head and made a quick video giving a visual tutorial on how to set up and things to look out for when setting up check points and what you can do with them.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/220983270

Den
System Administrator

Post by Den » Sun 21 Jan , 2018 10:15 pm

Didn't do much work in UED with CPs but read manuals and in general I understand logic and how is it possible to use them. Just to finish this discussion about abilities to do tricks with CPs I think it will not take a lot of your time to do such thing with correctly configured CPs. If I will be unable to use left way, then you know what you are talking about and I'm a fool.