RACE-AssaultRacerz New Map

For posting your maps.

How should Air support vehicles be utilized in this level(AssaultRacerz only)?

No Raptor or manta support.
22%
Raptor(prison) and manta (non prison).
44%
Raptor(non-prison) and manta(prison)
No votes
Raptor and manta support(both prison).
No votes
Raptor and manta support(both non-prison).
11%
Only raptor(non-prison).
No votes
Only manta(non-prison).
No votes
Only raptor(prison).
11%
Only manta(prison).
No votes
Leave map with the current edits however set objective 1's manta to be non-prison.
No votes
No opinion.
11%

Total votes: 9

darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Re: RACE-AssaultRacerz New Map

Post by darkelf » Sun 21 Jan , 2018 10:54 pm

Without some how bypassing a glitch in the coding of the checkpoint system then the above scenario would not be possible with correctly set up check points.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Mon 22 Jan , 2018 12:05 am

If you have a road that contains a left and right path, two different checkpoints can be added with the same value to make the act uniformly. A good checkpoint system will make glitching almost impossible, bugs aside, but will allow all players to go down any possible path to the objective. To be honest I am in favour of letting players skip sections to kill opponents, so long as they aren't able to complete the objective. Shows thought of mind and initiative. Others might have a different view.

This particular map won't need many checkpoints, as it was fully tested by Cole and Den amongst others. The other issues like that stupid falling section are definitely the priority and if you fix that up you'll have a lot of thanks! It's a ridiculous series of falls from which you have no chance to defend yourself.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 22 Jan , 2018 11:17 am

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote: Mon 22 Jan , 2018 12:05 amTo be honest I am in favour of letting players skip sections to kill opponents, so long as they aren't able to complete the objective. Shows thought of mind and initiative. Others might have a different view.
I feel it's a bit unfair for someone to go the intended way, only to be killed by someone who has cheated their way. Obviously ranged weapons are different, but actually abusing a path to get in front is very unfair. Especially when someone who has cheated their way can then assist with opening garage doors etc.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Mon 22 Jan , 2018 12:52 pm

Change log 1/22/2018:
-Obj 1:
A. Widened the slanted climb just outside bases so that platforms extend out to wall. No longer will vehicles get trapped in this small gap.
B. Widened the platform drop down portion so that vehicles/drivers have more ability to protect there selves and have a fair chance at succeeding through this trial area. Also added arrows to help eliminate that blind jump silliness.

-Obj 1 and 2: Fixed all physics volumes so they don't poke out into active playing area's that shouldn't have kill volumes. Also increased the damage on a few of the physics volumes which some where set to only give 40 damage per second.

-Spawn rooms/Bases:
A. Obj 1 and 2 area had different size vehicle spawn bases, they are now both the same size. By doing this now vehicles can be spread out and easily driven out of base without much bumping into other vehicles or at all.
B. Spawn rooms have been moved and merged/connected to obj 1/2 area and obj 3/4 areas. This will completely eliminate any possible tk's from the spawn areas. In addition to this, more spawns have been added to spawn rooms to allow for larger player count. Also added a blocking volume in the window view of enemy teams spawn to prevent spawn kill.
C. The lava pond in red spawn base now has a blocking volume over it. I see this as a decoration and it gave blue an unfair advantage(they had non killing water decoration). Blue would never die in base where as red would and if they did they more then likely got the full wait time of respawn of 7 seconds.

Overall:
-All raptors are now prison raptors. For what ever reason this map missed the memo that race maps should have prison flying vehicles to prevent unfair advantage of these players flying straight to obj and opening garage door. In addition to this, the mantas have also become prison vehicles(had to make this in mylevel as nitro vehicles doesn't currently have a prison manta). Future update is to some how change entry message of manta to Prison manta(haven't figured that out yet.)
-Check points have been put in to support the already existing exploit protection(see through walls). Only noticeable change in exploits is the drop down area in obj 1, you will have to do the trial to continue. You will not be able to skip this area as you once use to be able to do so.
-The stall point (how high you can fly a raptor or manta) has been expanded so raptors and mantas can actually fly around.
-Removed unnecessary 10 min time extension.

Note: Doing final checks on map, once completed, I'll upload to server..
Edit: Map is now live.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 22 Jan , 2018 1:46 pm

darkelf wrote: Mon 22 Jan , 2018 12:52 pm
Overall:
-All raptors are now prison raptors. For what ever reason this map missed the memo that race maps should have prison flying vehicles to prevent unfair advantage of these players flying straight to obj and opening garage door. In addition to this, the mantas have also become prison vehicles(had to make this in mylevel as nitro vehicles doesn't currently have a prison manta). Future update is to some how change entry message of manta to Prison manta(haven't figured that out yet.)
If I had a dollar for every time I saw someone say "why can't I get out" with regard to Prison Raptors, I'd have about fifty dollars. Prison Manta might make me rich. Is the Manta really necessary at all?

Not to discredit your work, I just think prison vehicles, while their intent is pure, are really bad in general as I'd imagine alot of players come in from ONS or Assault and don't have any foresight to this mechanic, and you have no prior warning before entering the vehicle.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Mon 22 Jan , 2018 2:11 pm

iRobot wrote: Mon 22 Jan , 2018 1:46 pm
darkelf wrote: Mon 22 Jan , 2018 12:52 pm
Overall:
If I had a dollar for every time I saw someone say "why can't I get out" with regard to Prison Raptors, I'd have about fifty dollars. Prison Manta might make me rich. Is the Manta really necessary at all?

Not to discredit your work, I just think prison vehicles, while their intent is pure, are really bad in general as I'd imagine alot of players come in from ONS or Assault and don't have any foresight to this mechanic, and you have no prior warning before entering the vehicle.
As stated before, flying vehicles give a unfair advantage to allow players to instantly fly to obj and open garage door as they are unaffected by any exploit protection, whether it be walls, blocking volumes or checkpoints. So because of this we insist that race maps designed with garage door objectives be equipped with prison flying vehicles.

As far as people not knowing why they can't get out of flying vehicles, I completely agree, the message we have right now doesn't always click in the mind of the normal player. We can put that in the list of possible changes in nitro vehicles to give a more simplistic message. In the mean time I can add a trigger word for team spec sentinel of "prison" that states some kinda well explained message as to why you can't exit a prison raptor or flying vehicles in race gametype.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 22 Jan , 2018 2:21 pm

I know the logic behind them, it's just there's no visual clues they are different and no prior warning to entering the vehicle. So pushing a new Prison Manta will just cause confusion/annoyance. I know you dislike hidden jumps for their lack of warning, I feel similarly about these vehicles.

It's just one more thing in my bag of annoyances alongside that garages should have switches inside them also. ;)

I guess it is not a huge issue as the regular players will learn, but I see the question pop up regularly.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Mon 22 Jan , 2018 2:30 pm

Well like I said, as far as the prison manta, when I figure out how to change the entry message, I will be able to add more then just Prison manta. I can also put a wonderful little sign above the vehicle spawns too if that makes you feel better.

Den
System Administrator

Post by Den » Mon 22 Jan , 2018 3:06 pm

If map is created for teamwork, lots of abilities to shoot, you need shield, gunner, mate to unlock obj sure flying vehicles must be prison. IMHO the best fix of any problem with flying vehicle is to remove it :?

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 22 Jan , 2018 3:06 pm

If you can't change entry message, perhaps there is some way to have a prompt on screen when they try to leave it?

The dragonfly has a prompt when you try to drop a bomb at the wrong angle, so it's a possibility. Maybe see how that is coded.