Den
System Administrator

Re: RACE-DansLeMarron

Post by Den » Sat 10 Dec , 2016 11:56 pm

Played it again, he fixed two things of my list:
1. Skybox was changed, now it's better
2. Added weapon lockers

But also he added more problems:
1. Tracks to 2nd and 3rd objectives are locked even when these objectives are current
2. Possible to jump over block protecting 1st objective without using button

So still a lot of things must be done to make it playable.

coletay

Post by coletay » Sun 11 Dec , 2016 12:04 am

So..... ive just played this map / tested it with Doge, Gil, Eif, Den, Walking, Sin-R etc. and i have to say im quite pissed off (scuse the language)
the 2 main points im pissed off about:

1. EVERYTHING is copied. The static meshes for the racetrack are copied from H&nsomes map, ALL the blue walls and ALL movers were copied from my race map (but dont work correctly as Walking doesnt even know how to change the settings or set triggers) - This is the main thing thats annoyed me, because he has NO creativity. For me (being a map builder myself) i build to learn new things and to create something original. because he has copied everything for this map he cannot actually call it HIS map because its not, its a copy of other maps.
I mean come on! he hasnt even created his own base!
2. EVERYTHING fucks up.. the movers dont work correctly at all, and from copying them from my map he hasnt even changed the textures ! at some points on the track you cant even turn, you have to glitch to get to the 2nd and 3rd objective.. and the spawns spawn you randomly on each base, there are no sentinals to protect spawnkilling.
3. just... URRRRGGGH, its like a slap in the face to me because hes spent 5 seconds making this map and calling it his own when its just copied whereas i spend weeks trying to create something original.... i mean earlier he even tried to say RACE-BlueSea was his map when 99 percent was made and fixed by Earl! its Earls map not his !

Im really sorry but ifyou release this on the LDG server it will be a slap in the face to all other map builders on the server, and i think other map builders will agree with me.
Ive tried to help walking, show him tutorials and make videos for him etc etc but he just seems to want me to fix everything for him ! he cant do it himself... ive heard that hes not only asked me but asked loads of admins to fix his maps when they are unplayable, i ask... infact i plead.. DO NOT HELP HIM, if he cannot learn himself OR IMPROVE then he shouldnt be a map builder , end of

coletay

Post by coletay » Sun 11 Dec , 2016 12:14 am

To WalkingDead: - please make something original! none of us want to see anything thats copied! you are not a map builder, you are a thief.
Translated: S'il vous plaît faire quelque chose d'original! Aucun d'entre nous ne veut rien voir! Vous n'êtes pas un constructeur de carte, vous êtes un voleur.

Thewalkingdead3

Post by Thewalkingdead3 » Sun 11 Dec , 2016 12:16 am

hmm i have create a stuff and i just copy the mover of ur map so don't stress and for track to H&nsomes i can't send message for him because he can't look he is banned and is not you decidade my map in serveur or not if i do good job is on ldg
Le silence rend les rageux encore plus fou 🔪
Retient un truc je ferrai plus d'effort pour revenir vers toi
Tu m'a trahis sa veut dire que tu as pas des rourounette

Thewalkingdead3

Post by Thewalkingdead3 » Sun 11 Dec , 2016 12:17 am

and what iam thief what u can do ? if i want copy i copy ok
Le silence rend les rageux encore plus fou 🔪
Retient un truc je ferrai plus d'effort pour revenir vers toi
Tu m'a trahis sa veut dire que tu as pas des rourounette

coletay

Post by coletay » Sun 11 Dec , 2016 12:24 am

thats fine, youll never be a proper map builder walking.. if you dont care about thiefing, then it shows alot about your charector

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sun 11 Dec , 2016 12:30 am

Again, why is his map being slated on the forum when he has given no permission for you to test and review it and then criticise it publicly. Ridiculous.

Blue sea is his map that I rebuilt to make it playable. It is not my map.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

d0ge

Post by d0ge » Sun 11 Dec , 2016 12:49 am

This has nothing to do with constructive criticism, it's just bashing :roll:

Den
System Administrator

Post by Den » Sun 11 Dec , 2016 1:17 am

I started with a list of 17 things in our opinion must be fixed, it seems to be constructive criticism. Walking sent me his map, he was eagerly waiting the moment to start playing it with a big number of players both times before we played it. After first time and during this discussion despite there was some troll of his map, he asked me to send him some packages, he asked Cole to help with spawn, so I sent him what he wanted, Cole recorded a video - nobody had any problems with this topic. After first test and review, after your first message walking sent his map again with the same purpose so it seems he has no problems with testing and reviewing.

The only problem appeared when Cole saw this map, saw that his work was used without a permission and it seems he has a right to say his opinion about it.

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sun 11 Dec , 2016 9:36 am

Yet all of this could have been said in a PM. I question the motivation of releasing all of this onto the forum.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”