AS-Alpine

For posting your maps.
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

AS-Alpine

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sun 15 Jan , 2017 12:16 pm

Finally finished my remake of the classic OLDZ map. I've kept the objective design of the map fairly similar, but the overall design has had a complete remake. The map will be live this evening, as I've only got one further fix to make (minus sounds, I'll create them another time).

First Objective Set

Simple door destruction, followed by a hold objective opening the interior outpost door. Defenders get two turrets and anti-vehicle weaponry. Attackers have access to a Hellbender and two Scorpions.

Second Objective Set

Another door destruction, followed by a hold objective opening the second garage door. Next objective blocked. There's an optional objective in place to open the roof area. Defenders have two turrets, whilsts defenders have access to a Hellbender.

Third Objective Set

Simple use objective, opening up a new spawn. Bridge is a chokepoint, but pedestrian access is provided via jump pads below the bridge.

Fourth Objective Set

A hold objective outside the factory opens the exterior door, and new spawn areas. Hellbender disappears at this point. A second hold objective opens the second garage door, and then a powercore objective is enabled. The door is trigger opened, so requires teamwork. An optional objective is available via the garage to open up the roof - the roof contains a further optional objective which destroys three of the final sentinels. However, the first optional objective is locked after the powercore is picked up for the first time - this locks out the sentinel destruction. Take the powercore to the large garage to unlock a new spawn.

The final objective is a simple 'deliver the hellbender' scenario, ala Poseidon. Defenders have access to sentinels, three of which can be destroyed via the optional objective.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Calypto

Re: AS-Alpine

Post by Calypto » Sun 15 Jan , 2017 4:39 pm

is good

coletay

Post by coletay » Sun 15 Jan , 2017 8:37 pm

Is really good! a privilege to be able to test it, cant wait for it to be released !

Thewalkingdead3

Post by Thewalkingdead3 » Sun 15 Jan , 2017 11:00 pm

How many objectif need in as map ?
Le silence rend les rageux encore plus fou 🔪
Retient un truc je ferrai plus d'effort pour revenir vers toi
Tu m'a trahis sa veut dire que tu as pas des rourounette

Den
System Administrator

Post by Den » Sun 15 Jan , 2017 11:23 pm

Z=

Thewalkingdead3

Post by Thewalkingdead3 » Sun 15 Jan , 2017 11:29 pm

Den
omg facepalm ;'D'D

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sun 15 Jan , 2017 11:48 pm

Go shit post on your own topics!
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Thewalkingdead3

Post by Thewalkingdead3 » Sun 15 Jan , 2017 11:51 pm

Hum Who start not me i Just write ~~HOW MANY OBJECTIF IN A MAP AS~~ AND DEN WRITE SYMBOLE

coletay

Post by coletay » Mon 16 Jan , 2017 4:35 pm

Any ! Ranging from 1 to 10million. you choose. If you want to ask questions like that use the help forum not Earls post about his map.

Really amazing map earl, just one thing - The first building with the objectives in (after destroying the door) is a super defenders area, as the enemy is elevating upwards to the building its easy to destroy them before they even reach the building (making it impossible to pass if the attackers have a not so good team). Was this intended? if not i suggest maybe adding one more bender after the gate is destroyed and that area is taken over, this would give a crap attackers team the change to maybe get in the building atleast :) .

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Tue 17 Jan , 2017 9:20 am

I've changed that objective a little - bender was incorrectly set up, so that's been fixed. Weapons have been altered, as the approach was too easy to defend with rockets and shock. I may add a second bender or a couple of scorpions.

The final objective also needs balancing. At the moment it seems like not completing the optional objectives screws over attackers - the linked sentinels become too difficult to destroy. I'll either lower their health, delete some and add an alternate defender vehicle, or provide attackers with more firepower. Undecided at the moment.