MasterOfRais

For posting your maps.
darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Re: MasterOfRais

Post by darkelf » Mon 26 Feb , 2018 8:09 pm

I want to see the shortcut in question, I haven't seen it yet. So I'll reserve my final suggestion, till I have seen the shortcut.

However I can say if this is a short cut that cuts off minutes of the track and map maker wants to keep it, then it needs to be made visible that its possible or arrows showing alternate paths kinda thing. Basically if it stays it needs to be a known path and not a secret path. Not fair if it remains a secret to main population and only 1-5 know of it.

If its just a few seconds short cut, then I could careless.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Tue 27 Feb , 2018 6:32 pm

Basically the shortcut is the same than the other master rais where you have to use the wall to get to the upper part. But yeah it skips half of the map. Thinking about it now, I don't know what would be the best, showing it to everybody or blocking it...
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

Eiforia
Piska

Post by Eiforia » Tue 27 Feb , 2018 10:05 pm

I strongly disagree with Bono here adding map back.
Those glitch was not supposed to be a shortcut. And nobody using it (only knoffer).
Basically there is even a 'stop' sign (as on the other parts of the map) showing people where u need to change car direction/stop/not use nitro not to fell off the track/etc.
And we have tons of maps which were changed due to even smaller shortcuts (like making track shorter in 30 seconds). And here is thing which lets you skip half of track, which is real mistake of mapper.
Not talking about cow gun which is the best weapon for teamkill..

"I shall listen to Roy Orbison - "It's Over" in memory of Hamish" - Azarael

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Tue 27 Feb , 2018 11:21 pm

I just played the map on mod server and now have seen the shortcut.

There is no question about this.. this shortcut completely cuts off 1/3rd of the map or more. Also as Eify has said above, it clearly has a sign indicating not to go that direction.

Discussed this with Knoffer and he has agreed that this shortcut needs fixing and plans to fix that along with fixing some of the lighting in this level as well.

So my opinion ATM, we can do the following:
A. Leave map in rotation while knoff works on edits to map and keep an eye out for any one abusing this shortcut and deal with them according to server rules.
B. Remove map out of rotation till fixes have been made.

I'm ok with either one atm, however If it the shortcut comes well known and used frequently then option B would be necessary.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off

Eiforia
Piska

Post by Eiforia » Tue 27 Feb , 2018 11:34 pm

We dont have admin present 24/ for looking for abusers especially after we taught everyone here how to glitch ._.

Den
System Administrator

Post by Den » Tue 27 Feb , 2018 11:44 pm

darkelf wrote: Tue 27 Feb , 2018 11:21 pm Leave map in rotation while knoff works on edits to map and keep an eye out for any one abusing this shortcut and deal with them according to server rules.
facepalm

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Wed 28 Feb , 2018 12:09 am

I didn't see those pictures until now. Must of been edited when I made my post or I completely didn't see them. So, option B would be my vote now.

Eiforia
Piska

Post by Eiforia » Wed 28 Feb , 2018 12:55 am

Ye.. i added them a bit later.

SS of glitch point and parts of the track u can skip (both floors).

Myself i vote for B aswell.

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Wed 28 Feb , 2018 3:19 pm

Do you think that many people read the forum and saw how to glitch? :P But remove it if you want. I just hope Knoff won't take forever to fix it though.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 28 Feb , 2018 3:21 pm

It's literally a five minute fix with a kill zone and a warning sheet.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”