MasterOfRais

For posting your maps.
Den
System Administrator

MasterOfRais

Post by Den » Mon 16 Oct , 2017 11:47 pm

Map is really nice but many players agree that it's long and hard. If keep it long and hard and nor divide to 2-3 objectives, then sure must be fixed to be 100% trial. Map is really very long and hard so when you are shot with assault riffle grenade or rammed by enemy when you managed to go far away it makes people raging. Some people RQ on this map and some players are switched by teambalancer while they are driving, it's also annoying. So just turning it into usual trial will make it much better IMHO

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: MasterOfRais

Post by iRobot » Tue 17 Oct , 2017 8:43 am

How does this rate in difficulty to the other vehicle trial maps?

Den
System Administrator

Post by Den » Tue 17 Oct , 2017 1:41 pm

Easier than blazings, harder tran trial mashups

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 17 Oct , 2017 3:34 pm

Den wrote:Easier than blazings
=.

darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Post by darkelf » Wed 27 Dec , 2017 3:33 pm

Feed back on this level and BetheRaisMaster:
-Can't remember which level it is but the rainbow shock rifle.. it was cool and funny for a while, but now that almost everyone on server knows where that rifle is, the map has become near impossible to do, due to the fact that everyone just camps a tunnel and kills anyone doing map. I'm not saying you have to remove the gun outright, however your going to have to separate it in some way from being able to be used in the trial area. Side note.. the cow gun seems fine, its trolly but doesn't really effect those doing objective(correct me if I'm wrong community). Could always use a community created actor that prevents certain weapons to be used in area's of map by using a volume.. can't remember this community created volume actor but you being an AS trials player I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.
-Applies to both maps: As stated above, the track is very long, which is fine. But with a 20 min time limit you only get somewhere around 2 or maybe 3 attempts to do the track in a typical ldg populated server experience. Recommend breaking track into three parts with 2 additional spawn rooms. This could also enhance the joy of racing with players instead of racing all by yourself.
-Noticed that there was some kill volumes in random areas that cause death in unexpected ways and there are some areas where there is no death volumes where there should be death volumes.

As of right now, I'm going to remove the one level that has shock rifle in it from the server rotation until fixed. My reason: Level can't be done if main population of players on server choose to camp track(ie: Makes level impossible to complete). Any admin that disagree's feel free to put it back in rotation.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 27 Dec , 2017 4:56 pm

Other trial maps have areas where deathmatch minded players can amuse themselves, see derby for example. Maybe add something like that rather than just a trollweapon that annoys the ones doing the trial.

Also would echo the length of the trial. It's nice to have a challenge, but shorter more difficult is better than lengthy mid difficulty. If you die and there is say 6 mins on the timer, you don't really have anything to do.

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 27 Dec , 2017 5:51 pm

I think adding a DM arena to both races would suit all parties - there are lots of DM maps that are underused and could easily fit in, with the cow gun and rainbow shock and whatever.

Two 'checkpoints' could also work, but make them optional objectives and instead of having new spawnpoints add vehicle teleporters behind mover walls instead; this gives the lead cars a choice as to complete the checkpoints and unlock the next stage for everyone, or go on alone and risk dying and starting over. It could also then allow players to also choose between attempting the whole trial (perhaps as a practice), or going through these teleporters to the next stage. I really like the challenge of the map, but it is too long and its frustrating with these gimmicks.

It also needs a trial end volume.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Eiforia
Piska

Post by Eiforia » Sun 25 Feb , 2018 4:28 pm

I've deleted map from the list before it will be fixed.
There is a glitch which allows you to skip half of the map and finish it in 3-4 mins.
Knoffer knows about it.
"I shall listen to Roy Orbison - "It's Over" in memory of Hamish" - Azarael

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Mon 26 Feb , 2018 7:44 pm

I had a talk with Knoffer and he considers it as a "pro shortcut" so I'm adding it again. Also this shortcut/glitch is known by most of the players; on a solo trial race where people tend to wait at the end; it's been on for weeks, it never bothered anybody and it hasn't been reported either here or ingame.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 26 Feb , 2018 7:48 pm

I have to agree with Eif, while I like shortcuts that save you a few seconds here and there, this skips half the map. If you're gonna allow this then why is the same kind of thing punished on every other trial map?