RACE-HappyHalloween

For posting your maps.
darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

RACE-HappyHalloween

Post by darkelf » Thu 07 Dec , 2017 10:33 pm

Creating thread for feed back to map creator and for others to provide helpful feed back as well.

My notes from run though of map. All my notes are pertaining to gameplay. Will not do any audio or visual feed back as that would take forever and well its art.. I rather not over think it and just go with it.

1st obj:
-Red base needs an arrow on which way to turn out of base. They may get confused and drive into blues base.
-Blue base should not able to be driven into by enemy team. Recommend making a drop off or a jump at some point that is only one way.
-One base has a closer route to objective than the other. Both should be same distance.
-ALL TUNNEL DROPS ARE JUST BROKEN. They are to narrow and vehicles can not go through them without flipping over and ejecting the player. This creates a bottle neck and could end up piling up cars to the point that no one will ever be able to get by. Since the direction of map appears to be race with combat, you should consider making the track wider to accommodate this style of playing, if not you may want to consider less combative vehicles. It's a balancing act.. can't have track to hard to travel with intense combat or track to simple and boring in a combat environment.
-Some kinda sign or text indicating a jump is coming would be nice. Some of the jumps in this level are blind and you have no idea how much nitro you need to use to make the jump till its way to late.
-The right or left route troll thing... kinda pointless.. trolls can be amusing but in this case its just annoying.
-Minor thing, the standing place to open garage door is floating and not attached to the track. Not a big deal.. but to prevent rage from players failing to jumping onto platform and walking/falling between the small gap could save them from lots of rage... or you can add a troll message in that gap and remove the track left or right troll.
-In one of the tunnels you have a weird what appears to be random wall that comes down into the path(see picture below). See no reason for this and it also thin enough that a vehicle could get glitched into it and unable to get out.
20171207151846_1.jpg
2nd obj:
-Based on the current track you have, you may want to use atlas vehicles with plasma two shot vehicle(sunshine race track uses these vehicles). Track is not very friendly to driving and defensive driving all while having to preload jumps in bender with no turning ability. Also atlas may be more friendly to solo drivers. Solo bender on this obj is close to impossible on that first huge jump.
-With a huge open area for obj two and how easy it is after that first part, you may want to consider adding some air vehicles to create more fun combat.

3rd Obj:
-Landing platform out of bases is to small.. To easy to fail or assist others in repeatedly failing, especially if you get multiple vehicles in the landing zone(cars will just bounce off each other to there death).
-The two beams either have to get wider or make it a complete platform. With people shooting and being combative while trying to straddle beams and time movements with moving walls, its just to much and becomes luck based verses skilled based trial.

Overall:
-Recommend going though map and try making all connections of track to track pieces smoother or true jumps verses just accidental jumps or bumps that turn into jumps.
Examples of poorly connected track portions:
20171207152248_1.jpg
20171207152007_1.jpg
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

darkelf

Re: RACE-HappyHalloween

Post by darkelf » Fri 08 Dec , 2017 6:59 pm

@ Walking: Upon request is an attachment of an example level of how to do extension of time to a race level. This also includes an example of force respawn with displayed messages. Just take a look at all the actors and there settings and you should get the idea on how its done. If you have any questions give me a shout and I'll do what I can to assist further.
Race-Example-Time-Extention.zip
(523.33 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off

Satin

Post by Satin » Fri 08 Dec , 2017 9:08 pm

take out the garage on obj 1, we've got 1 man scorpions not multi player benders.

Thewalkingdead3

Post by Thewalkingdead3 » Sat 16 Dec , 2017 5:05 am

Hey ,

Thx you dark elfy for this "little tutoriel " if i dont Say shit the Map will ready tomorow at night .
Le silence rend les rageux encore plus fou 🔪
Retient un truc je ferrai plus d'effort pour revenir vers toi
Tu m'a trahis sa veut dire que tu as pas des rourounette

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sat 16 Dec , 2017 1:19 pm

Thewalkingdead3 wrote: Sat 16 Dec , 2017 5:05 am Hey ,

Thx you dark elfy for this "little tutoriel " if i dont Say shit the Map will ready tomorow at night .
No problem, let me know if you need any other tutorials, and I'll see what I can do.

Thewalkingdead3

Post by Thewalkingdead3 » Sun 17 Dec , 2017 11:26 am

For the second objective you want i add atlas cars And scorpions plasma , how i Can win with atlas And scorpions plasma . I Know how to win with 1 car but not with 2
Iam sure its in setting of the objectife
Le silence rend les rageux encore plus fou 🔪
Retient un truc je ferrai plus d'effort pour revenir vers toi
Tu m'a trahis sa veut dire que tu as pas des rourounette

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sun 17 Dec , 2017 12:05 pm

Thewalkingdead3 wrote: Sun 17 Dec , 2017 11:26 am For the second objective you want i add atlas cars And scorpions plasma , how i Can win with atlas And scorpions plasma . I Know how to win with 1 car but not with 2
Iam sure its in setting of the objectife
So in the LDG proximity objective actor in the LDG config area look for VehicleTagType and put in "wheeled". For future reference a lot of useful info in regards to LDG actors is in viewtopic.php?f=6&t=850. Which also includes this information as well.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Wed 03 Jan , 2018 7:02 pm

Changes made:
-Renamed to HappyHalloween-REV to establish that it was been revamped by someone other then original author.
-Removed about half the lights in level. Level originally had something in the range of 10,000 lights.
-Slowed down a significant amount of strobe lights.
-Fixed obj 2 so it has check points instead of kill volume that effected dragon fly area.
-Fixed obj 1 so both teams have same distance of travel.
-Fixed grammar error in author area.