RACE-BestFishingSpot

For posting your maps.
darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

RACE-BestFishingSpot

Post by darkelf » Sun 10 Dec , 2017 12:50 pm

I got the bug to level create again, so working on a new original map(not to much ikea mapping). Just started but figured I make a thread about it to give a bit of a teaser and give community a chance to voice any suggestions or constructive criticism.
  • Theme: A race to unlock a path to the best fishing spot on this fantastic little lake. Ultimately completion of map you gain access to the best place to fish.
  • Scenery: Sunny day on a lake that has islands and lots of wooden decks everywhere. Lake is surrounded by tall hills/mountains.
  • Vehicles: Hellbender Twin beam(primary), Quantum Scorpion(secondary maybe two for each team) and Venom (1 for each team, only 3 spawns per objective)
  • Route/Path: Flat (wood decks over water), islands (heavy terrain) and few jumps here and there. Will not be putting any forced bender crouch jumps however possible debris in places that doing a jump could save time.
  • Weapons: RL, Link, Flak and Mini. Hard to reach Secret spawns for LG and Shock with no ammo pick ups anywhere for them(ie: only the default 15 or 20 shots).
  • Objectives: Bender garages and hold objectives(that reset to full if killed)

Teaser picture of the Base which also gives an idea of the look of what the track may look like:
Teaser.png
Let me know if you have any suggestions, I'll post updates time to time and test levels for feedback.

EDIT: Oh forgot to mention. It's a working title so.. if you got something better based on this theme shout it out.. Was also thinking something like RACE-GoneFishin.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Satin

Re: RACE-BestFishingSpot

Post by Satin » Sun 10 Dec , 2017 2:52 pm

I like the title, venom though... that's going to be nasty. Raptors with boosted hp might be better, venom seems so OP on every map it's in.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sun 10 Dec , 2017 3:34 pm

Satin wrote: Sun 10 Dec , 2017 2:52 pm I like the title, venom though... that's going to be nasty. Raptors with boosted hp might be better, venom seems so OP on every map it's in.
That is true venom can be very destructive to vehicles.. however so is the twin beam from the bender. But I think your right, think I did a hellbender vs venom map remake ages ago and it went badly. I'll go with raptor.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off

pie

Post by pie » Sun 10 Dec , 2017 4:40 pm

Nice Darkelf, I'll look forward to the updates on this thread. Will you be throwing in a few tutorials also?

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sun 10 Dec , 2017 6:59 pm

Good, grasp the mapping reins back from thewalkingdead and his cronies.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sun 10 Dec , 2017 7:04 pm

pie wrote: Sun 10 Dec , 2017 4:40 pm Nice Darkelf, I'll look forward to the updates on this thread. Will you be throwing in a few tutorials also?
I can provide some tutorials if wanted. I can even do some live streaming or recorded video of the level editing process if it helps others. Just let me know what kinda specific tutorials your looking for and I can see what I can do.
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote: Sun 10 Dec , 2017 6:59 pm Good, grasp the mapping reins back from thewalkingdead and his cronies.
Walkings latest level isn't to horrible, hopefully this thread can help them in seeing how I level make and they can learn something from it that will help them out.

Thewalkingdead3

Post by Thewalkingdead3 » Sat 16 Dec , 2017 5:11 am

That a great Idea dark , i want to Know something i put teleporteur for example its A then i put it somewhere is B when i take teleporteurA i must to go in teleporteur B i cant back to teleporteur A how Can i do that , thx
Le silence rend les rageux encore plus fou 🔪
Retient un truc je ferrai plus d'effort pour revenir vers toi
Tu m'a trahis sa veut dire que tu as pas des rourounette

pie

Post by pie » Sat 16 Dec , 2017 10:33 am

darkelf wrote: Sun 10 Dec , 2017 7:04 pm I can provide some tutorials if wanted. I can even do some live streaming or recorded video of the level editing process if it helps others. Just let me know what kinda specific tutorials your looking for and I can see what I can do.

That sounds great! One thing I'd like to know is how to make smooth corners with a camber (like the ones in boompewzap).

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sat 16 Dec , 2017 1:21 pm

Thewalkingdead3 wrote: Sat 16 Dec , 2017 5:11 am That a great Idea dark , i want to Know something i put teleporteur for example its A then i put it somewhere is B when i take teleporteurA i must to go in teleporteur B i cant back to teleporteur A how Can i do that , thx
So you have to set the tag for teleporter 1 to for example Tele1 and set its url to Tele2 then for teleporter 2 set its tag to Tele2 and set its url to Tele1.
pie wrote: Sat 16 Dec , 2017 10:33 am
darkelf wrote: Sun 10 Dec , 2017 7:04 pm I can provide some tutorials if wanted. I can even do some live streaming or recorded video of the level editing process if it helps others. Just let me know what kinda specific tutorials your looking for and I can see what I can do.

That sounds great! One thing I'd like to know is how to make smooth corners with a camber (like the ones in boompewzap).
So those track pieces were more than likely created in a 3d modeler outside of unreal ed and then imported into unreal ed. Not to say you can't make similar turns like that in unreal editor, it would just be a whole lot more challenging, time consuming and prone to crashing due to the inevitable bsp holes you will make along the way. It's been a while since I used any 3d moddler programs out there, but I do recall there being a huge database of free to use models already created that might have something similar to this that could be used to either learn or modified for your use.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Tue 19 Dec , 2017 8:01 pm

My Twitch handle is dark_elfy or you can just go here: https://www.twitch.tv/dark_elfy/

Experimenting a bit today with streaming live games. So soon I should begin streaming my sessions of map editing, just not yet. Still trying to figure out one issue I'm suffering with level editor atm, apparently it does not like windows 10 and it takes somewhere around 30-45 seconds to recognize that I have selected something. Little bit of research I did so far leads me to believe that there is some windows process running in the background that is causing conflict.. If anyone else has any ideas, I'm all ears.