Map Creation Guidelines for LDG Servers

For posting your maps.
bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Re: Map Creation Guidelines for LDG Servers

Post by bOnO » Sat 17 Feb , 2018 6:07 pm

I had a talk with Walking and he doesn't want to hear anything about names being modified. So imo we have 3 solutions: Renaming them ourselves; Keeping the ones that are OK and still disabling the others; Removing all of his maps (as he suggested to me). Or if you want to try and convince him go ahead, but not here because he said he doesn't want to come to the forum anymore.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Post by darkelf » Sat 17 Feb , 2018 6:46 pm

My vote: Just disable the ones that he refuses to rename. The rest that are named properly can stay. When he gets over himself and comes up with alternate names we can apply them.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Den
System Administrator

Post by Den » Sat 17 Feb , 2018 10:46 pm

bOnO wrote: Sat 17 Feb , 2018 6:07 pm I had a talk with Walking and he doesn't want to hear anything about names being modified. So imo we have 3 solutions: Renaming them ourselves; Keeping the ones that are OK and still disabling the others; Removing all of his maps (as he suggested to me). Or if you want to try and convince him go ahead, but not here because he said he doesn't want to come to the forum anymore.
;'D'D

Eiforia
Piska

Post by Eiforia » Tue 20 Feb , 2018 5:54 pm

bOnO wrote: Sat 17 Feb , 2018 6:07 pm Removing all of his maps (as he suggested to me).
Best solution ever. Let's do like this boy said
"I shall listen to Roy Orbison - "It's Over" in memory of Hamish" - Azarael

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Tue 20 Feb , 2018 9:03 pm

darkelf wrote: Sat 17 Feb , 2018 6:46 pm My vote: Just disable the ones that he refuses to rename. The rest that are named properly can stay. When he gets over himself and comes up with alternate names we can apply them.
Agreed, to name the maps isn't a big task by any means.

Satin

Post by Satin » Tue 20 Feb , 2018 9:20 pm

seconded. :)

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Mon 05 Mar , 2018 8:51 pm

Summary of changes:
RACE-RainbowRace[C] and RACE-RainbowRace[X-Mas]: No changes needed.. I didn't see the [C] on earls map, which appears to work just fine with disabling x-mas or vise versa.
RACE-HappyScorpion[Normal][C], RACE-HappyScorpion[Quantum][C] and RACE-HappyScorpion64: Renamed RACE-HappyScorpion64 to RACE-HappyScorpion[64] to prevent chain voting.
RACE-Shitrace and RACE-Shitrace[Bender]: I renamed RACE-Shitrace[C] to RACE-Shitrace[Toilet][C] to help players to tell which vehicle the map uses and to fit the current naming structure we use.
RACE-SLTopia64 and RACE-UW-SLTopia-[E3][REV]: I renamed these maps to RACE-SLTopia[UW][REV] and RACE-SLTopia[64].
RACE-TrialsMashup-Scorp(Pack1)[C], RACE-TrialsMashup-Scorp(Pack2)[C] and RACE-TrialsMashup-Pack3: Renamed to RACE-TrialsMashup-Scorp(Pack1), RACE-TrialsMashup-Scorp(Pack2) and RACE-TrialsMashup-Scorp(Pack3).

No changes needed:
RACE-RainbowRace[C] and RACE-RainbowRace[X-Mas]: No changes needed.. I overlooked the [C] on earls map, which appears to work just fine with disabling x-mas or vise versa.

Race maps that need authors removed from map name:
RACE-TheWalkingDead
RACE-[TheWalking]Speed-Bender[V1]

-We have been back and forth on this one a bit lately.. The current vote appears to be the following:
Leave the maps that are named properly and remove the ones that are not named properly (caveat: When mapper comes up with new names, they can be re-added to play list): dark_elfy, Izumo and Satin.
Remove all walking dead maps(not sure if trolling or serious): Eiforia
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 06 Mar , 2018 9:42 am

Izumo wrote: Tue 20 Feb , 2018 9:03 pm
darkelf wrote: Sat 17 Feb , 2018 6:46 pm My vote: Just disable the ones that he refuses to rename. The rest that are named properly can stay. When he gets over himself and comes up with alternate names we can apply them.
Excuse my ignorance, but why not just rename them yourselves if it's that simple? As for removing them, the only ones who lose out in this arrangement are the players. As controversial as the maps are, they're actually quite popular when it comes to voting..

If the mapper objects then surely that is the correct time to remove them.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Tue 06 Mar , 2018 5:10 pm

iRobot wrote: Tue 06 Mar , 2018 9:42 am
Izumo wrote: Tue 20 Feb , 2018 9:03 pm
Excuse my ignorance, but why not just rename them yourselves if it's that simple? As for removing them, the only ones who lose out in this arrangement are the players. As controversial as the maps are, they're actually quite popular when it comes to voting..

If the mapper objects then surely that is the correct time to remove them.
Yep, walking has refused to allow them to be renamed or to rename them himself.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 06 Mar , 2018 5:57 pm

Language barrier perhaps, it seems such a trivial issue.