For posting your maps.
darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

RACE-FuckingEgyptianRais

Post by darkelf » Fri 16 Feb , 2018 3:27 pm

Map: RACE-FuckingEgyptianRais
Authors: Knoffer and Doge
Repaired/fixed for server use: dark_elfy
Description: A race track in a Egyptian themed world. Vehicles are mostly emp. Level also includes a fancy gun(note: if weapon is overpowered it may have to be isolated to its own dm room like we did in beraisemaster).

Change Log from the original version that I was given from Doge:
-Added Checkpoints to prevent potential exploits(very few cps were needed).
-Added blocking volumes over player spawns to prevent potential laming of players parking cars on identifiable player spawns. Note: i'll say it again, its a very bad idea to make player spawns easy to find.
-Added weapon removal volume on second obj spawn area. There was no weapon lockers for this objective and based off the looks of this objective, I got the impression that this was to be a emp scorp race with no hand held weapons play. So basically if you do obj 1 and get teleported to obj 2, you will have your obj 1 weapons taken away.
-Added spawn protection to objs 1 and 2. (Removed neutral physics volume from obj 2 spawn area, not needed.)
-Added blocking volumes to objs 1, 2 and 3 to prevent any weapon fire going into spawn area.
-Repaired broken flame trial on obj 3. It now works as intended. @Doge, you were so close to having it working perfectly. You just needed to use a network emitter vs's a normal emitter.
-Did minor texture adjustments in areas. Didn't go to in depth because if I did I would of remade the whole level. (Side note: Using the grid in the editor shouldn't be a suggestion, its mandatory.)
-Added 5 min extension after second obj. May reduce or add more depending on gameplay.
-Added little vehicle platform to the objs so you can visibly see a bit better to trigger objective.
-Changed vehicle assignment number on obj 1 so players enter team vehicles and not hijack a vehicle.

EDIT: Mod test went well as far as I can tell. Few minor tweaks were made and added to the above change log. Map is now live on server. Please let me know if there is anything broken or needs tweaking.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: RACE-FuckingEgyptianRais

Post by iRobot » Fri 16 Feb , 2018 3:54 pm

Egypt map! Such a new and exciting concept!

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Fri 16 Feb , 2018 6:28 pm

From the play on main server here is the feed back i got:
-Needs brighter lighting in obj 1 and 2.
-Need arrows in a few area's to help general population find way to obj.

Note: After these fixes if I get the same feed back of "map sucks" or "shit map remove please" with no other feed back, then I'll do same thing I'm doing with scorp_hop. Right now map is out of rotation until changes can be made.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off

Eiforia
Piska

Post by Eiforia » Sat 17 Feb , 2018 7:30 am

Also Den said in ts that there is possibility of spawnkilling on last obj
"I shall listen to Roy Orbison - "It's Over" in memory of Hamish" - Azarael

Satin

Post by Satin » Sat 17 Feb , 2018 12:05 pm

That's right, a load of us tested on the MOD server last night, elfys in the process of amending that bit :)

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sat 17 Feb , 2018 4:49 pm

Change Log:
-Modified lighting in areas where it was to dark.
-Added a crap ton of arrows to guide players.
-Modified Nyancat gun. It now only has primary fire mode. The alt fire was extremely over powered. I also find that the main fire mode is also over powered. I'm still trying to figure out how to modify the damage properties on this gun, there isn't any good tutorials on how to do this. So I'll this fix and if its still over powered, I'll remove until I can modify the damage properties to something suitable.
-Removed some un-needed brush/volumes and static meshes in areas.
-Redesigned spawn room for last objective. There was just no way with volumes to do any practical spawn protection with that open concept. @Map makers, if you have any design tweaks you want done, go for It and send me map and I'll make sure it is safe to use whatever alternative or modified version you might create.

Note: Will try and get at least 2 or 3 players to test map on mod server before putting on main server.

EDIT: Removing Nyan rifle, can't seem to do the basic of edits to it by creating my own mylevel branch off that weapon without crashing map. So just going to remove it. Problem solved.
-Map passed testing, will put on race server.

Satin

Post by Satin » Sat 17 Feb , 2018 10:34 pm

Elfy, I'd suggest on obj 3 that you remove all weapon loaders, due to the nature of the map (semi trials) plus the scorp is EMP, drivers get trolled to death by players in bottlenecks on foot with weapons, it really really makes the last obj just a shitty ragefest. And drivers have no way to defend as EMP has no real offence against foot players.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sun 18 Feb , 2018 2:24 am

Yah I had a feeling that could happen. Will try and make that change tomorrow.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sun 18 Feb , 2018 9:11 pm

Change log:
-Removed weapon lockers from last objective. Also added volume to remove assault rifle as well. This objective is just to trial based to have any weapons.

Satin

Post by Satin » Mon 19 Feb , 2018 1:15 am

That's miles better now Elfy, still struggle with that driving through the Eye thing, is it a weird hollow block or something, sometimes I seem to hit something invisible when driving through it.