AS-Cimerion

For posting your maps.
Conqueror

Re: AS-Cimerion

Post by Conqueror » Tue 21 Sep , 2010 1:13 pm

The obsessive compulsive spelling made me laugh. Looks like it would make a good 6v6, space-wise. You'll obviously need to be careful with weapon balancing considering the high ground issues, but apart from that its a reasonable start.

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Tue 21 Sep , 2010 2:53 pm

I run HD settings because I can (100 fps, all to the max... except on the canyon where the wind blows the fps)
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 21 Sep , 2010 3:38 pm

Remind me to do something about that.

calum

Post by calum » Tue 21 Sep , 2010 3:39 pm

This is really bugging me, i clearly have to post this
the constant overuse of the word HD, its annoying as hell

its totally overused and often misused both in product marketing as well as common conversations

- theres no such thing as HD computers, and theres no such thing as HD settings either

What HD was originally intended to describe was basically only 1 thing, High quality Video at a resolution of 1920x1080 (also known as "FullHD")

But since then the word got totally taken out of context and used for everything, used for audio, used for pc screens, even used for games, its a retarded trend that should stop

theres no such thing as HD computers because the whole word makes no sense, what the word could describe is if a computer is able to play HD videos (for example from blurays, or bluray rips in mkv or avi format), but the whole point is retarded, cause computers are computers, they have a calculations capacity, and they can all play hd video, technically, practically some dont run smooth, or like 0.5 fps or something, so theres no need to attach the marketing name HD to computers, its meaningless in that context

theres no such thing as HD settings in games either, at least in PC games it makes no sense
like i said, HD refers to the resolution of 1920x1080, while in video resolution, mainly what the normal customers get to see thats pretty new with blurays etc, and only started a while ago, high resolutions in computer games are there for years, for example ut2004 has a max resolution of 2560x1600 or something, not only is that way above the normal "HD", it also is nothing special in games, high resolutions like that are supported for a while now (they exist since before the HD videos were common), cause PC screens and TV screens have different resolutions and work differently

so the thing is, PC game settings with a high resolution are nothing special in PC games, its standard for years and make the term HD settings in that context pointless (and basically wrong too when you arent even using 1920x1080 resolution)

Next time when you read the word and actually want to use it, think about it first. Is it necessary to even say it? And is it correct how i use it?

Calum
Very nice action by the n00b himself!

onrust

Post by onrust » Tue 21 Sep , 2010 3:45 pm

me iz happy i haz fullhd laptop (take that normal hd ones!)

Wired

Post by Wired » Tue 21 Sep , 2010 3:54 pm

LOL calum is just jealous because his processor is only 5 gigabyte so can't even run halfHD.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 21 Sep , 2010 4:06 pm

I am in 1920x1080.

Therefore HD.

OT:

Just to clarify, that's not the beginning of the map (where the playerstart currently is) and the spawn areas are not defined at all yet. That's actually the middle of the map.

ô_waffleking_ô

Post by ô_waffleking_ô » Tue 21 Sep , 2010 5:39 pm

calum wrote:This is really bugging me, i clearly have to post this
the constant overuse of the word HD, its annoying as hell

its totally overused and often misused both in product marketing as well as common conversations

- theres no such thing as HD computers, and theres no such thing as HD settings either

What HD was originally intended to describe was basically only 1 thing, High quality Video at a resolution of 1920x1080 (also known as "FullHD")

But since then the word got totally taken out of context and used for everything, used for audio, used for pc screens, even used for games, its a retarded trend that should stop

theres no such thing as HD computers because the whole word makes no sense, what the word could describe is if a computer is able to play HD videos (for example from blurays, or bluray rips in mkv or avi format), but the whole point is retarded, cause computers are computers, they have a calculations capacity, and they can all play hd video, technically, practically some dont run smooth, or like 0.5 fps or something, so theres no need to attach the marketing name HD to computers, its meaningless in that context

theres no such thing as HD settings in games either, at least in PC games it makes no sense
like i said, HD refers to the resolution of 1920x1080, while in video resolution, mainly what the normal customers get to see thats pretty new with blurays etc, and only started a while ago, high resolutions in computer games are there for years, for example ut2004 has a max resolution of 2560x1600 or something, not only is that way above the normal "HD", it also is nothing special in games, high resolutions like that are supported for a while now (they exist since before the HD videos were common), cause PC screens and TV screens have different resolutions and work differently

so the thing is, PC game settings with a high resolution are nothing special in PC games, its standard for years and make the term HD settings in that context pointless (and basically wrong too when you arent even using 1920x1080 resolution)

Next time when you read the word and actually want to use it, think about it first. Is it necessary to even say it? And is it correct how i use it?

Calum
Hold on, then why is my resolution max to 1280X1024, when I can play Runescape, UT3 and all the other guys at like 1400X1050 or 1440X900 (and so is my desktop resolution) ?
Image Image Image

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Tue 21 Sep , 2010 5:42 pm

I am in 1920x1200... Therefore :)

And Waffle plays "guys" ??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :? :? :arrow:
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

ô_waffleking_ô

Lol

Post by ô_waffleking_ô » Tue 21 Sep , 2010 5:46 pm

bOnO wrote:I am in 1920x1200... Therefore :)

And Waffle plays "guys" ??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :? :? :arrow:
Lol, nice smiles =D
And UT3...... Not good game, previous episodes are a lot better.
Image Image Image