Racing maps (LDGObjects)

For posting your maps.
iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: Racing maps (LDGObjects)

Post by iRobot » Thu 22 May , 2014 10:23 am

Would it be worth grabbing all those vehicle trail maps and then creating a different game mode from RACE?

I like vehicle trials, but I feel the number of them is starting to overwhelm the actual RACE maps.

darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Post by darkelf » Thu 22 May , 2014 10:58 am

iRobot wrote:Would it be worth grabbing all those vehicle trail maps and then creating a different game mode from RACE?

I like vehicle trials, but I feel the number of them is starting to overwhelm the actual RACE maps.
Lately people want these types of maps. Everyone seems to be shying away from doing actual combat in race maps. Got to please the majority.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

nome

Post by nome » Thu 21 Aug , 2014 9:20 am

Izumo wrote:Ah, not all races will work offline, as newest Nitro Vehicles 8 Patch 14 doesn't support offline mode. The following things will not work - as they came in Patch 14:

A) Trial maps (Blazing, Wicked Sick Race)
B) Lolcars
C) Multifire scorpions

Trial maps require the map to be edited in the editor. For the other two, use cheat commands to summon yourself another vehicle (play as red, open console, type "summon #VehicleClass", where vehicle class is what you see next to "TypeClass=" in the LDGObjects.ini file (in System directory or see first post) ).
And how would one go about adjusting trial maps for offline play in this editor? Because vehicles just don't spawn on these maps and I occasionally get an urge to calmly ride around them and practice offline. Or only those with a good grasp of this editor that could do this?
Would be thankful for a response.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Thu 21 Aug , 2014 1:30 pm

nome wrote:And how would one go about adjusting trial maps for offline play in this editor? Because vehicles just don't spawn on these maps and I occasionally get an urge to calmly ride around them and practice offline. Or only those with a good grasp of this editor that could do this?
Would be thankful for a response.
You need to remove LDG Trial actor. Its a Blue square icon with a letter (I think its a "a")

Then save map and you can play offline. You will just have to spawn your own vehicle.

I would post a picture of the actor but I am away from my home computer. So maybe someone else will post a pic for you. If not I'll post one up tomorrow.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 21 Aug , 2014 2:24 pm

Think this should be the actor you are looking for. I don't think you have to delete it (I just set the trial mode to LTM_ShieldOnlyGun) but you then either have to summon in a vehicle, or place a new vehicle spawn. I did the latter.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Socio

Post by Socio » Thu 21 Aug , 2014 2:33 pm

Those are easy to find in my trial maps as I always make actors like these bigger then the others.

RACE-Ascend2... looks like my map will be touched by the spirit of fine swedish furniture trollface
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 21 Aug , 2014 2:41 pm

Ascend2????

=D

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 21 Aug , 2014 2:59 pm

LOL

And fine Swedish ladies, no doubt joinha
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Fri 22 Aug , 2014 4:56 am

Swedish blonde ladies FTW, lotta of them in Finland as well.

;B

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Fri 22 Aug , 2014 6:07 am

IKEA selling those in Finland trollface