Bugreports

For posting your maps.
iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: Bugreports

Post by iRobot » Mon 14 Oct , 2013 3:33 pm

The only issue with the roads on HBW is their uneven texture. You can't drive normally because you're bouncing around like you've just took a shot of 400 E numbers.

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Mon 14 Oct , 2013 4:41 pm

Im only talking about Race maps here. And I also said Id rather have a scorpionrace-like-look than a big chaos of random meshes and textures. Like i said before, Derby, BorderWorlds, Sunshine and SunPyramid are examples of how it should be done. One theme and that all the way.

Im not an Environment or Character Artist and therefore Im not responsible for the actual graphics in our games, Im "just" an Animator. But still, Ive been studying two years Game Art at the Games Academy in Frankfurt which included Environment Art as well as Character Art, so I know what Im talking about when it comes to UT2004 graphics. Besides, several of my friends are environment artists and sometimes during my breaks Ill have a look at their work.
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 14 Oct , 2013 4:53 pm

BabyDontHurtMeNoMore wrote:Im only talking about Race maps here. And I also said Id rather have a scorpionrace-like-look than a big chaos of random meshes and textures. Like i said before, Derby, BorderWorlds, Sunshine and SunPyramid are examples of how it should be done. One theme and that all the way.

Im not an Environment or Character Artist and therefore Im not responsible for the actual graphics in our games, Im "just" an Animator. But still, Ive been studying two years Game Art at the Games Academy in Frankfurt which included Environment Art as well as Character Art, so I know what Im talking about when it comes to UT2004 graphics. Besides, several of my friends are environment artists and sometimes during my breaks Ill have a look at their work.
An animator huh, GETHIM =D

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Mon 14 Oct , 2013 5:35 pm

Im working on the Character Animations, Mo-cap and stuff like that. Im not the "I am motivating people"-Animator if thats what you thought lol. Theres no such thing in our company.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 14 Oct , 2013 5:38 pm

No, it's just Azarael could use someone who knows how to animate objects.

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Mon 14 Oct , 2013 5:44 pm

Id be glad if I could help with animation. But I only know basic rigging (which is necessary to animate something). Im not a tech artist, but as long as he doesnt need any high-end character setup with IK and FK and facial rig and whatnot, I can help him out, np.

CaptainXavious
V.I.P. Member

Post by CaptainXavious » Mon 14 Oct , 2013 7:22 pm

Wait there's been another animator all along? Why have I been doing all the work this entire time?

ZioFede

Post by ZioFede » Mon 16 Jun , 2014 8:14 pm

Don't know if this is the right place, but I just got killed by my own deemer because it teleported in the base as it supposedly skipped a checkpoint. I thought this behavior was fixed?

Ah the map was snowrace.

God should have let Paul live and let you die instead, worthless piece of shit. -Mr. H&some about a random actor-

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Tue 14 Oct , 2014 10:32 pm

RainbowRace has dependency on UnWheel.u at least. Removed from list, we shouldn't push UnWheel on RACE / AS.

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 15 Oct , 2014 9:34 am

The dependency relates to the rainbow texture within the track mesh only, I'm not sure what you mean by pushing UnWheel on to the server? But if nothing UnWheel related is allowed, feel free to remove all my maps from the server, as I guess at least half have an UnWheel related texture or mesh associated with them.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”