Server up

Discuss the mod server here.
Capaco

Re: Server up

Post by Capaco » Wed 19 Jun , 2013 8:52 am

i must admit i like one map, C& C, beeing NOD Team camping and drinking in the obelisk, ^^ but thats probably AS and not RACE

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Wed 19 Jun , 2013 10:06 am

It's RACE actually now. And yeah Obelisk is the only good thing in C&C.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 19 Jun , 2013 10:29 am

Camping with minigun scorp in RedAlert is more fun.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Wed 19 Jun , 2013 1:30 pm

There is tesla coil in red alert.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 19 Jun , 2013 1:42 pm

Not until late-game trollface

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Thu 20 Jun , 2013 10:47 am

Yesterday I tried the Duel in the server, was fun, but seemed to miss something.... you have to click a button to change the animation (heavy, medium, and light) which I found unpractical. I think would be better to have some combos as you have in any nintendo/sega/PS or any fighting game. Here simply: You defend with right button, hit with left button.
I think would be better to forward-forward hit-> combo 1, or mouse left then mouse right then mouse left makes a move... and so on

Wall dodge jumps are not integrated as in normal unreal ...there is dodging, and simple jumping ( I don't recall double jump) but no nice combinations as in a starwars with the light savers.....
Also the weapons seem to handle the same... with a heavy one (Hammer) you move exactly as with a light one (knifes) , and the range is the same and the hit points seem to be the same.... Only noticeable difference was the animation....
I hope the game will be spiced a little ;) and for many others give it a chance, and give feedback, because it is fun .... (=
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 20 Jun , 2013 1:04 pm

Play some more Duel and you'll understand why combo attacks are meaningless. Since it's a melee game with full UT2004 movement, your enemy is out of your range within a split second after you've made a hit.

Spectre

Post by Spectre » Thu 20 Jun , 2013 1:30 pm

Butcher wrote:stuff
Combos are done manually, by exploiting the small flinch and knockback after you've hit your opponent. Locking a sequence of animations together and calling it a combo seems to limit the possibilities rather than provide them. (No animator is working on Duel either, so it's sadly not even possible to make new attacks.)

As for the gameplay, you can walldodge normally. Range is different per weapon, but it takes some practice to actually make use of it, rather than just jumping into people's faces (which works fine with the frontal-strong weapons, mind you). As for damage values, I recall 2-hitting you with the hammer, and 5-hitting you with the templar. There's plenty of variation on that front.

But it was fun to see a ballistic player on the mod server!

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Thu 20 Jun , 2013 1:54 pm

Well was my first time :)... maybe the arenas with some obstacles in the middle and not just plain flat would be interesting... but I just saw one of the arenas, so not much to say here...also putting some slow time healing, or health pickups... maybe nice... I noticed while we were three that I just had to wait for you 2 to get low on health and then I jump in to fight ;)... that how I scored the few rounds I was able to...
I'll come by around again sometime ;)... I need to improve my melee abilities... joinha
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Spectre

Post by Spectre » Thu 20 Jun , 2013 2:59 pm

Aye, I noticed that. You had 2 wins. And 2 kills.

Obstacles are fun, but uneven ground and hills are handicaps to everyone. It's difficult enough for players to hit each other in the first place.

As for health pickups - that'd just make the game more susceptible to runners. Surviving even one more hit than usual is huge.

(Incidentally, I'm the kind of person who plays Smash Bros. on Final Destination only, no items.)