X-ray acusement appeal

Anhrak

X-ray acusement appeal

Post by Anhrak » Wed 03 Oct , 2012 9:30 am

Hey.

I just read on the forum that I have been accused for using an X-ray texture pack.

I am safe, and confident, to say that I always use the default texture pack. In 1.3.1, I have used the DokuCraft texture pack, but since 1.3.2 I never used any other. In case of doubt, I did not use any mods relevant to that accusement, and if needed, I am willing to send my .Minecraft folder as proof of my innosence.

Reason of my hoard of diamonds: I play very long on the server already, and have saved up a lot of diamonds (because I practically never used those). When I stayed at the fortress of Starman-NL, I had managed to get almost one stack of diamond blocks. The other stack was earned from founding an abandonned house which had stripmines with LOTS of bare diamonds, also went adventuring a lot where I found many diamond/emerald in the chests from temples, and yesterday I went through caves close to my house that had also a decent ammount of diamonds to grab, and not to mention an abandonned mineshaft below 32 depth. And don't forget, I had a silk touch pickaxe which I used to collect diamond ore, so I could've fortune-mined my ore later when I needed xp.

I am sorry if I caused any unnessecary complication in the management, but I swear that anything I have gathered in the server was entirely legitimately (ofcourse, with a bit help from focus100 with his dynmap when I needed temples so badly).

Anhrak

Re: X-ray acusement appeal

Post by Anhrak » Wed 03 Oct , 2012 9:38 am

(to add)

If it should be relevant to know why I had so many, the diamond blocks I gathered were purely for cosmetical purposes only. I never use any diamond armour because I'm already fine with iron, and I already had plenty of pickaxes, shovels or axes.

For the moment (look minecraft forums) I were also using some diamonds for those who had any spare resources, I need a LOT of them for a big project I'm busy on, and impossibly could gather those all by myself.

If it is really troublesome that I have so many diamonds, I am willing to share 4 stacks of diamonds with the others in the server as a token of care, as I do not wish to be considered having a major stock advantage.

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Wed 03 Oct , 2012 10:01 am

Anhrak wrote: - Nearly all resources close by have been depleted. A lot of diamonds have been taken (only the extreme hidden ones not), all strongholds have been found, [...]
Blame yourself.
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

Anhrak

Post by Anhrak » Wed 03 Oct , 2012 10:24 am

Oska, ban appeal threads are not ment to troll at. And also, the mainland can contain over 50.000 diamonds. My 'hoard' only contained barely 2 and a half stacks of it, of which only 1 stack is from the mainland. (about 10 blocks from my old private home in the far north-east, another 15 blocks from the temples I visited which were WAY far off the mainland, about 15 blocks were gathered from that odd stripmine, 22 blocks were gathered from beneath my house and all others were found in mineshafts or mined near/below the hotel at x500 -225.

Pinky
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Pinky » Wed 03 Oct , 2012 1:20 pm

It probably wasn't an xray texture pack (they only reveal ores in contact with air) but an xray mod.

I just want to show you something: this is the region under your new house
The original condition:

and here what we found yesterday:

Anyone see the differences?

Here is another example:
before:

and after:

And btw, the tunnels down there directly lead to the locations of the diamond deposits.
Attachments
2012-10-03_13.44.53.png
2012-10-03_13.44.27.png
2012-10-03_12.56.19.png
2012-10-03_12.55.04.png
And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know.
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws,
And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall, and not a soul to hear.

Anhrak

Post by Anhrak » Wed 03 Oct , 2012 2:33 pm

Still weird. Because I mailed Coi a list of all mods I ever used (and still use), and I am willing to do so again if nessecary. And I remain confident that I have never, neither would've ever, use x-ray content purely for my profits. Even though, regarding the main post, more than 2 stacks of all my diamonds in the 'hoard' aren't even from here!

I recall having ventured down there for the first time ever on that place, yesterday evening, but fact is as well that I were not the only one being there as well. How do I suspect this: Before I came, I already found an abandonned mineshafts, connected with 2x1 tunnels with some dungeons already. Some chests had been looted there already and spawners had been destroyed/blocked, so it was very clear that I were not the first one beneath. But I'm wondering some things then:

as you can see in the chatlog, I were almost killed by magma. Wouldn't I be able, using your X-ray example, be able to prevent to actually come in touch with lava already?
wouldn't I have much more than 22 diamond blocks (especially, as you knew pinky, I had been cracking them open with fortune III, so I only had about 1 and a half stack of diamond ores if I really went using this to clear out my area? As stated in the main post, which I can support from testimonies from Focus100, Bboy1245, Starman-NL, I gathered 2 stacks from while being at the castle, having ventured a LOT of temples, adventuring around the hotel, etc.
And isn't my house, where my underground 'mine' would be at, at an extreme hills biome? I don't see emerald ore anywhere. And I had only 19 emerald ores from that adventure, far too few than an extreme hills biome offers.

alexd2580

Post by alexd2580 » Wed 03 Oct , 2012 2:44 pm

it is impossible to get 2,5 stacks of diamond blocks. this is a well-known fact
also i can send you my log which clearly shows where you have been mining. those tunnels under your house:

1. you didn't place any torches.
2. you were the only one mining there
3. these tunnels went straight for diamonds
4. without x-ray this mining method is the most uneffective of all
5. other recources as iron and gold are still there.
6. even with fortune IV it's impossible to reach this amount.

it's unfair against the community. we don't want your diamonds. it'll ruin our own efforts of gaining them.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 03 Oct , 2012 8:18 pm

Cheating at Minecraft fts

Anhrak

Post by Anhrak » Wed 03 Oct , 2012 8:28 pm

It has already been solved with alex. Please do not unnessecary, despite your rank, just go into it again.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 03 Oct , 2012 8:29 pm

Let's keep Ban Appeals threads on topic.