Weapon switch randomly unusable under TDM

Post bug reports here.
Skaldy
V.I.P. Member

Weapon switch randomly unusable under TDM

Post by Skaldy » Mon 15 Sep , 2014 11:00 am

Sometimes weapon switch does not work under TDM (either GetLoadoutWeapon or mousewheel), between respawn and death.

Sometimes it's a single weapon that's missing, sometimes it's all of them bar the initial one. Seems random.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: Weapon switch randomly unusable under TDM

Post by Azarael » Mon 15 Sep , 2014 12:51 pm

If the weapons are missing in the hotbar (I forget whether you play with it on or off) they're not being sent to the client or not being spawned serverside which is an entirely different issue. Please confirm, and if this is the case, please specify the loadout you're using.

Skaldy
V.I.P. Member

Post by Skaldy » Mon 15 Sep , 2014 3:26 pm

If by hotbar you mean Weapon Select UI (left) then I play with it hidden, and mousewheel still normally works but isn't in this case.

I could re-test more easily if the BW server allowed single players to join - it doesn't at the moment - can the minimum players be set to one?

In case you need it, I think my loadout at the time was Shield+GRS9+Pineapple+XMk5Sub+AK47.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 15 Sep , 2014 3:33 pm

It does allow lone players to join and start the game.

By hotbar, I mean the weapon bar drawn at the bottom of the screen. If there are missing entries where there should be a weapon, it's a replication fault or inventory corruption.

Skaldy
V.I.P. Member

Post by Skaldy » Mon 15 Sep , 2014 3:44 pm

Strange - whenever I'm the first to join the BW server the "Join" button is disabled and the message "Waiting for players (1)" is shown but nothing happens when I press fire. Anyway, another player was just there under DM, so...

...I've tried with hotbar and the XMk5 was visible but could not be selected with my usual GetLoadoutWeapon key. When I died & respawned, it was selectable. This sometimes happens again whenever I change my loadout & respawn.

I haven't been able to reproduce the mousewheel issue.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 15 Sep , 2014 3:55 pm

Skaldy wrote:This sometimes happens again whenever I change my loadout & respawn.
Likely a timing problem. I corrected it and then deleted the damn code when I realised I'd misunderstood your OP. It was actually the right fix. -_-

Skaldy
V.I.P. Member

Post by Skaldy » Mon 15 Sep , 2014 4:01 pm

That join issue is if you join an empty server by doing "Spectate" (normal behaviour to avoid unbalancing teams) then you can't start a new game. If you join an empty server by doing "Join", then it starts OK.

My bad - but still a potential cause of players being unable to play and leaving immediately.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 15 Sep , 2014 4:04 pm

That's intended. The game only considers players actually participating in the game for the purpose of the minimum playercount.

Aberiu
V.I.P. Member

Post by Aberiu » Sat 04 Oct , 2014 6:54 pm

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but before this happened I was shooting some bot and suddenly my machinegun stopped dealing any damage (though the animation still played). Then I died and respawned with only weapon available.
I also tried claiming ks2, and as you can see there's no ks2 in my weapon list.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 04 Oct , 2014 6:58 pm

Inventory corruption.