Longhorn Repeater

Post bug reports here.
Definitelynotjay

Longhorn Repeater

Post by Definitelynotjay » Sat 20 Sep , 2014 12:02 pm

When hit with 'nade (Not manually detonated), when the 'nade explodes it deals 75 damage at a huge radius, regardless of the player's postion in relation to said 'nade. I'm not yet sure about the range, it may be infinite but as of what I know now, even if you sprint away as fast as you can in a straight line you still get hit.

EDIT: Hits through walls, and spawn protection. Spawn protection damage works only if you hit them before it runs out.
You see a mouse trap, I see free cheese and a fucking challenge.
They will try to kill you. Kill them back.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: Longhorn Repeater

Post by Azarael » Sat 20 Sep , 2014 3:00 pm

Fixed.

Mecha
V.I.P. Member

Post by Mecha » Sat 20 Sep , 2014 3:41 pm

Definitelyjay wrote:Hits through walls, and spawn protection. Spawn protection damage works only if you hit them before it runs out.
Azaræl wrote:General
  • Powerful explosives will now penetrate cover. The full list: XOXO bomb, HAMR shells, FP9s, G5 rockets, LAW rockets, Conqueror grenades, Bulldog FRAG-12s, NRP-57 grenades.
  • The damage dealt through cover by these explosives will vary depending on the type of cover and how much of it is between you and the explosive. Hard cover types, like rock, metal and concrete, will either negate the blast entirely or amplify it though shrapnel. Soft cover types, like dirt and plant material, will dampen the blast, reducing the explosive radius.
Perhaps LH's explosives can penetrate walls because that change and was forgotten to be excluded?
↑ ↓ A A B ← → A B ↑ A ↓ → → ← B ↑ ← A → B ← → A ← ↑ A ↓ A → ← B Select

I did it. Can you?

Definitelynotjay

Post by Definitelynotjay » Sat 20 Sep , 2014 3:45 pm

Mecha wrote: Perhaps LH's explosives can penetrate walls because that change and was forgotten to be excluded?
You misunderstand. Once you had hit someone with a non manually detonated grenade it explodes after a given time (after doing impact damage). The bug was that when it exploded, no matter where you were in relation, it dealt 75 damage. I was saying that the 75 damage hit through walls and spawn protection, not the initial grenade.
You see a mouse trap, I see free cheese and a fucking challenge.
They will try to kill you. Kill them back.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 20 Sep , 2014 5:19 pm

Fixed a bug causing the Longhorn altfire to fire 7 projectiles instead of 6. Not yet live, but it's why the Longhorn alt is hitting for more damage than expected.

The previously mentioned bugfix is live on the Longhorn - but it seems to affect all grenades. If you hit something directly with a grenade, and that grenade is a timed one, when the grenade explodes it will hit you for its damage value and deal massive knockback, regardless of your position relative to the grenade. It will be fixed completely tomorrow.