G28

Post bug reports here.
Butcher
V.I.P. Member

G28

Post by Butcher » Tue 30 Sep , 2014 11:26 am

do not abuse this forum to complain about intended functionality that you disagree with
Disclaimer: I am Not absolutely sure what is intended... so for not being accused of abusing , I'll describe what in MY OPINION looks kind of odd. Warning: My appreciation could be wrong and these could be intended functionalities!

-g28 is healing opponents... but not always
-if g28 is intended to heal everyone, then is not working when the owner of the g28 is alive.
-if g28 is being used by owner (alive), and opponent comes in the gas, there is no healing for the opponent...
-if g28 is being used by owner (alive), and gets killed while using it opponent comes in the gas, there is no healing for the opponent...
-if g28 is being used to thaw (frozen), and opponent comes in the gas, there is healing...in other words when g28 is thawing frozen mates opponents heal also.

-if g28 is active and you get killed while in the gas, no thawing takes place for you.
-Throwing g28 with primary is funny, because it travels different distance than any other grenade, so when you try to trow it to a teammate, it never reaches... with secondary works just fine.

-position of the gas is difficult to tell.
-Sound and animation are delayed respect to throw.
-You heal immediately you throw it if you are close to a blocking object (wall), if not, you have to search where is the spot where the healing takes place (Not always where the animation shows the grenade and gas)
This is definitely a bug (To me):
-sometimes you throw it and it goes inside the map through the walls (and you loose the g28) It happens all the time in the toystory kitchen for example. I'm sure over the fridge you will loose the g28, but fp7 works just fine in the same surface.
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: G28

Post by Azarael » Tue 30 Sep , 2014 12:04 pm

G28 heal logic:

if(Clouds.Touching[j].bProjTarget || Pawn(Clouds.Touching[j]) == Instigator || (Instigator.Controller != None && Pawn(Clouds.Touching[j]).Controller.SameTeamAs(Instigator.Controller)))

if (not frozen OR is owner OR same team as owner)

G28s heal all alive units and allied frozen units, unless there's no Controller.

There are some known bugs in there.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 30 Sep , 2014 12:36 pm

I believe it would be more fluid for gameplay if they healed everyone, regardless of alive or frozen.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 30 Sep , 2014 12:55 pm

This was added specifically because you used G28s against me to thaw me so that you could get another kill.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 30 Sep , 2014 2:05 pm

No need to destroy logic on these just because of a harmless joke one time. If people reporting them as a bug then there is clearly some agreement in their function being a little suspect.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Mon 06 Oct , 2014 1:32 pm

If I become from donation a g28, and have a KS1 not claimed yet, if I used both g28's and then claimed the KS1, there is no resupply.
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 06 Oct , 2014 2:19 pm

Butcher wrote:If I become from donation a g28, and have a KS1 not claimed yet, if I used both g28's and then claimed the KS1, there is no resupply.
Possibly intended with the recent grenades not resupplying even upon death change.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 06 Oct , 2014 4:18 pm

Fixed in next.