MAU - gas firemode

Post bug reports here.
Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: MAU - gas firemode

Post by Azarael » Wed 28 Oct , 2015 4:16 pm

Yup. Call an Asian that around here and you won't be getting home in one piece.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Wed 28 Oct , 2015 10:02 pm

Izumo wrote:
iRobot wrote:So it's considered taboo on here to joke about gassing jews but joking about dropping a nuke on Hiroshima is fair game. .=
The difference is that gassing jews by Nazis is to date the greatest genocide in the world, whereas bombing Hiroshima or Nagasaki isn't considered a genocide. And WWII Japanese were no saint either.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debate_ov ... d_Nagasaki
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_g ... death_toll
muh six million

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Sat 31 Oct , 2015 6:29 pm

I've actually travelled through Tokyo today, so asked some Japanese about atomic bombings, and TBH their reaction is quite similar to Germans when talking about WWII and Nazis. They see that as the destruction the war brings. Regardless of how you feel that the bombing was "justified", you'd get a ban for making a joke about it, for shit player discipline.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sat 31 Oct , 2015 8:22 pm

Izumo wrote:I've actually travelled through Tokyo today, so asked some Japanese about atomic bombings, and TBH their reaction is quite similar to Germans when talking about WWII and Nazis.
Surprised you had to ask them to realize that.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 01 Nov , 2015 12:43 am

Izumo wrote:I've actually travelled through Tokyo today, so asked some Japanese about atomic bombings, and TBH their reaction is quite similar to Germans when talking about WWII and Nazis. They see that as the destruction the war brings. Regardless of how you feel that the bombing was "justified", you'd get a ban for making a joke about it, for shit player discipline.
You speak Japanese, or do many Japanese speak English?

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Sun 01 Nov , 2015 1:56 am

Azarael wrote:
Izumo wrote:I've actually travelled through Tokyo today, so asked some Japanese about atomic bombings, and TBH their reaction is quite similar to Germans when talking about WWII and Nazis. They see that as the destruction the war brings. Regardless of how you feel that the bombing was "justified", you'd get a ban for making a joke about it, for shit player discipline.
You speak Japanese, or do many Japanese speak English?
I clearly don't speak Japanese at all, I know some Chinese though (incl. swearing fts ). English proficiency in Japan is actually quite good compared to China (say Shanghai), although I asked folks in the lounge when waiting for my airplane.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Mon 02 Nov , 2015 1:28 am

Will someone do something about this kinjin guy? He just does not learn how to respect others if he wants to be respected... please see the comments on the log of Noxious fumes the 1 Nov at 23:55...Yesterday he kept the hiroshima shit for a while, calypto did not do shit about it and today he is referencing to send us to concentration camps, Nazi comments now?... Sachsenhausen was a concentration camp... Dachau too... at least mute permanently that bitch, every time someone kills him calls you cunt, bitch.... ahhh, and what about harassment???... every time some one kills you he says: nice kill, nice shot, good kill, and so on..... is kind of lame, but until now its like an annoying pimple in the ass...

Admins?
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Mon 02 Nov , 2015 4:13 am

I "did shit" about it and told him to stop and he did (for that match); that was his warning. Regarding Noxious, that is mute-worthy and he should know better than to use those kinds of remarks.

Don't forget there is an in-game ignore system, resorting to Kinjin's own passive-aggressive behavior and saying "not even like that kinjin got a positive score lol" does not help the situation.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 02 Nov , 2015 11:10 am

Guy just craves the spotlight.
Kinjin wrote:I would like to continue to appeal the mute, to give me a second chance. I miss being able to type, and re-reading the log makes me think I should have just chilled the heck out, my bad :S

One more chance...please?
Chance failed I guess.

Greedisgood

Post by Greedisgood » Mon 02 Nov , 2015 8:19 pm

Next appeal shouldnt be revieved without a note from a specalist.
"Not one has eggs to chance" - Brötchen of Hellfire