Proxy healing

Post bug reports here.
CaptainXavious
V.I.P. Member

Re: Proxy healing

Post by CaptainXavious » Wed 23 Sep , 2015 5:16 am

Maybe... we could make them do damage and heal?

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Wed 23 Sep , 2015 5:52 am

nonsense

CaptainXavious
V.I.P. Member

Post by CaptainXavious » Wed 23 Sep , 2015 5:55 am

Yeah.. you're probably right...

Mecha
V.I.P. Member

Post by Mecha » Wed 23 Sep , 2015 9:05 am

Calypto wrote:But how will we get them to use something that doesn't actually do damage?
Either you dedicate yourself to using the weapon in question or keep using bullet faucets like the other 98% of the server.

If you want to create a non-damaging weapon, you need to give it a feature that makes it stand out. TF2's Medigun with its Übercharge (invincibility) could be a good example. But we all know that it'll never happen, because anything that rewards skill is considered cheating among spammers and would cause a huge uproar. ;B
↑ ↓ A A B ← → A B ↑ A ↓ → → ← B ↑ ← A → B ← → A ← ↑ A ↓ A → ← B Select

I did it. Can you?

CaptainXavious
V.I.P. Member

Post by CaptainXavious » Wed 23 Sep , 2015 10:36 am

Wait, I got it! What if we had a healing gun that rewarded players that deal damage to enemies the ability to give their team mates a temporary double damage boost? And healing.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 23 Sep , 2015 10:53 am

I know the sarcasm is running freely in this topic but proxy healing is the reason these healing weapons are ignored. You'll never be able to make healing equipment viable if every player has a free source of healing at all times.

The complete removal of this feature is something I have requested in the past when the game was much more lively but it was blocked.

Greedisgood

Post by Greedisgood » Wed 23 Sep , 2015 1:43 pm

Healing weapons actually became significantly more useful after the update. E90 is still an offesive weapon tho. By the time you build up the charge for a fight, the enemy is dead. It would make more sense if it only slowed the target dealing no damage, so that you could be a full-time utility guy sticking to the team instead of doublejump rambo.
Other things worth mentioning:
- Thawing and healing is not rewarded enough overall. Cant even check it on the leaderboard anymore.
- Stimpack addicion. No one raises this question, injecting doses in the corners quietly, but the junkies should know exactly what i mean. Removing it from the loadout is just too painful since its a free early 30% hp bonus, enough to provide an edge in most early 1x1 fights. It doesnt make the game much more interesting in its current state and is a must-have item for anyone who doesnt have corridor spam fests in the default schedule. Here, i said it. Phew.
"Not one has eggs to chance" - Brötchen of Hellfire

CaptainXavious
V.I.P. Member

Post by CaptainXavious » Wed 23 Sep , 2015 7:59 pm

Greedisgood wrote:Healing weapons actually became significantly more useful after the update. E90 is still an offesive weapon tho. By the time you build up the charge for a fight, the enemy is dead. It would make more sense if it only slowed the target dealing no damage, so that you could be a full-time utility guy sticking to the team instead of doublejump rambo.
That's the beauty of the proton pack, if you want to harvest energy easily, switch to the Neutrino Amplification fire mode. Primary fire deals 0 damage but it locks on to targets and as long as your are locked, the target deals 90% less damage and your charge keeps building. Alt fire gives your team mate +100% damage while tethered but its extremely fast charge consumption requires good coordination to fully utilize. You can still swap back to Proton Stream to heal though.

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 23 Sep , 2015 11:11 pm

I tried playing a support role using the E-90 and it wasn't very successful. I'm loath to knock a good idea, but in its current state it just isn't suited very much to the Freon gamestyle (neither the role or weapon). The Neutrino Amplification fire mode was a great tool versus the single opponent, but useless against a second opponent (I think the team-mate buff option is unworkable simply because the ammo consumption is far too high). Additionally, the role relies on the intelligence of your team-mates ... and as half of them are seemingly unaware of the presence of proxy healing, you can imagine the success rate isn't particularly high.

I'm quite happy with the new proxy healing arrangements to be honest (the overtime bug aside). The only problem is the Coach gun has turned incredibly powerful and is starting to dominate games.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Thu 24 Sep , 2015 12:26 am

CaptainXavious wrote:
Greedisgood wrote:Healing weapons actually became significantly more useful after the update. E90 is still an offesive weapon tho. By the time you build up the charge for a fight, the enemy is dead. It would make more sense if it only slowed the target dealing no damage, so that you could be a full-time utility guy sticking to the team instead of doublejump rambo.
That's the beauty of the proton pack, if you want to harvest energy easily, switch to the Neutrino Amplification fire mode. Primary fire deals 0 damage but it locks on to targets and as long as your are locked, the target deals 90% less damage and your charge keeps building. Alt fire gives your team mate +100% damage while tethered but its extremely fast charge consumption requires good coordination to fully utilize. You can still swap back to Proton Stream to heal though.
Thanks, now I understand how it works... was trying it today, got 2 ks2 with it.. :)
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)