The Good Deals topic

Anything goes here. Keep it tasteful.
bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

The Good Deals topic

Post by bOnO » Sat 18 Feb , 2012 5:09 pm

It will probably interest some of you so I will post the links to buy good games at a good price. But before you need to know a few things, if you don't already.

The 2 main downloading platforms you must know are Steam and Origin. They both allow you to buy online the games you want and to download them. Steam is the leader of this dematerialization sector and Origin is EA's software to compete with Steam; for that you can only buy EA games there and not on Steam. It means that you will find Crysis, Need For Speed, The Sims, Mass Effect... only on Origin.
Both Origin and Steam require a client to be downloaded on your PC and you'll need to create an account. Also when you buy a dematerialized game on another website, often they will provide you a serial number to enter in one of these software.

To begin, there is a daily deal on Steam. Today's deal is the latest Wolfenstein(2009) for 5€/5$/2.50£. Daily deals end at 6pm GMT. (There is a countdown on the home page anyway).

On EA's store, called Origin, you will find some games for 5€ such as C&C Red Alert 3, NFS Shift Unleashed 2, Medal Of Honor (the latest one), Battlefield 2 Complete...
Look in the "Loves Carnival" section (or "Mardi Gras" or whatever it is called, I can't display the page in another language than French...)

On http://www.amazon.com, you will also find some good stuff: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 for 5$, Borderlands GOTY for 7$, Battlefield Bad Company 2 and its add-on Vietnam for 5$ and 3.75$, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for 2.5$, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 for 2.5$, Mass Effect 2 for 5$...

----> Amazon.com only accepts "customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address.". But there is an easy way to bypass this: Create an account on amazon (if you already have an account on the amazon site of your country (amazon.uk, amazon.fr...) you may be able to connect with your usual login, not sure it will work for everybody) and add a US billing address using this useful website: Fake Name Generator. Once you've bought a game, it will be added to your "Digital Library" in "Your Account", where you will find the download link and the serial number that you may have to enter in Steam or Origin.

If you have a question or if a link doesn't work, tell me ;)
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Re: The Good Deals topic

Post by bOnO » Fri 24 Feb , 2012 3:57 pm

What's interesting atm:

On amazon.com until February 29th, you will find a bunch of games for 5$ such as Payday (a coop FPS like Left 4 Dead but without zombies), Red faction Armageddon, Darksiders (A beat them all with puzzles Zelda-style), Mirror's Edge, Assassin's Creed & Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe Edition... But also The Darkness 2 (25$), The Witcher 2 (15$), Saint's Rows The Third (25$), and other games.

On GreenManGaming (GMG), you can find Alice: Madness Returns for 6.50£ (Origin required), Deus Ex Human Revolution for 7.50£ (Steam key) and Warhammer 40000: Space Marine for 14.99£.

On Steam: Mirror's Edge for 2.49€/3.24£/4.99$ (until tonight 18h GMT), Deus Ex Human Revolution for 16.99€/10.19£/10.19$ (less interesting than GMG), and all Serious Sam at -66%

PALADIN
Banned

Post by PALADIN » Fri 24 Feb , 2012 4:01 pm

Hey, Bono, maybe you know some places or discounts where one can buy cheaper StarCraftII unlimited license or Magic the Gathering: Planeswalker Duels?
bOnO: Calypto, and you plan to correct all the phrases of everybody? We are not all English pros you know...
PALADIN: Aza, please continue correcting my phrases, thank you for that teaching.

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Fri 24 Feb , 2012 4:31 pm

The best price I've found for Starcraft 2 is 26.51£ on Amazon.co.uk (there may be shipping taxes to add though). Nothing for Magic atm, but 8.99€ on Steam (no discount).

AxonFlux

Post by AxonFlux » Sat 25 Feb , 2012 1:25 am

Bought Red Faction: Guerrilla and Saints Row: the Third.

Nice link man!
"Men think epilepsy divine, merely because they do not understand it. We will one day understand what causes it, and then cease to call it divine. And so it is with everything in the universe." - Hippocrates (c. 460-377 B.C.E.)

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Thu 01 Mar , 2012 4:07 pm

Today, I propose you an old game, but it's free and I'm sure some will like it because they always vote the crap map inspired from this game trollface : Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun.

Enjoy

PALADIN
Banned

Post by PALADIN » Thu 01 Mar , 2012 4:56 pm

So rude.
bOnO: Calypto, and you plan to correct all the phrases of everybody? We are not all English pros you know...
PALADIN: Aza, please continue correcting my phrases, thank you for that teaching.

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Thu 01 Mar , 2012 5:30 pm

Which recalls me that the first 2 GTA games are also free; download them here: http://www.rockstargames.com/classics/

Deathblade
System Administrator

Post by Deathblade » Thu 01 Mar , 2012 7:01 pm

bOnO wrote:Today, I propose you an old game, but it's free and I'm sure some will like it because they always vote the crap map inspired from this game trollface : Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun.

Enjoy

If they always vote this crap map, I think this map is not as bad as you say ^^
The LDG admin !

PALADIN
Banned

Post by PALADIN » Fri 02 Mar , 2012 9:09 am

Most people like crap, you know .=
Sometimes they just dont understand that.