Too all the iPhone h8ers....

Anything goes here. Keep it tasteful.
Calypto

Re: Too all the iPhone h8ers....

Post by Calypto » Thu 13 Oct , 2016 5:22 am

The dual camera on the 7 looks interesting, but I refuse to buy it unless there's a jailbreak, and iOS 10 fucking blows

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 13 Oct , 2016 10:14 am

My 5s keeps auto downloading iOS10 and asking me to install it, but I guess they will have made it run like shit on older generations to force people to break out the shekels.

ILoveTheNorth

Post by ILoveTheNorth » Thu 13 Oct , 2016 12:20 pm

I too have a 5S, and it runs as fast, if not better, then the day I bought it.

Apple is still updating the iPhone 4S I believe. Imagine android updates being available for a 4/5 year old phone! My Tab S 8.4 which is around 1/2 years old has stopped receiving updates!

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Thu 13 Oct , 2016 8:37 pm

I see the gentlemen above can't afford new iPhone when pound is just 1.2 dollar. They'll have to buy midrange Android phone.
trollface

But yeah, unless you own Nexus device, updates on Android will suck. However, if you're in need to jailbreak, then on Android you have CyanogenMod to get newer OS quick.

ILoveTheNorth

Post by ILoveTheNorth » Thu 13 Oct , 2016 11:58 pm

Izumo wrote:I see the gentlemen above can't afford new iPhone when pound is just 1.2 dollar. They'll have to buy midrange Android phone.
trollface

But yeah, unless you own Nexus device, updates on Android will suck. However, if you're in need to jailbreak, then on Android you have CyanogenMod to get newer OS quick.
Im afraid the right honourable gentleman is mistaken. I took out the iPhone 5S when the 6 was released (I was a student at Uni then, and couldn't afford the 6, I lived on cereal and played free games like UT2004 with pirated keys before some idiot noob on here blew the whole pirated keys up).

I've been due an upgrade for the past few months however my job which I started (at a Bank) is giving me an iPhone 7 which I should receive soon, well if my Bank doesn't go bankrupt as its facing a big fine from Calylto's people.

Just another point to note. My bank and other banks like it do not offer android phones to employees. Only iPhones or blackberry devices (like the dated 9720). Android is nowhere to be seen in the professional environment.

EDIT: regarding CM on android, my understanding is that if I root an android device, it's warranty is void because the Knox counter gets tripped?

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 14 Oct , 2016 8:55 am

Izumo wrote:I see the gentlemen above can't afford new iPhone when pound is just 1.2 dollar. They'll have to buy midrange Android phone.
trollface

I can afford one but paying 55 a month for something my current phone does already for free srsly

Only thing that makes it appealing is the larger screen over my model.

As for iPhones only in the workplace.. same here. Not a single android device was seen that day. Apple offering big discounts to business customers I guess.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Fri 14 Oct , 2016 9:23 am

Was just trolling about the GBP vs USD exchange rate.

Running CM on a device is like jailbreaking the iPhone (sometimes you can hack, other manufacturers allow openly but warranty is void). I think Samsung is one of those whose warranty is void, although Samsung is usually one of the manufacturers to update reasonably fast to newer OS (obviously still not as fast as Apple / Nexus).

On the workplace: we can own any kind of phone, but it has to run MobileIron, which checks for hacks / unofficial firmware / jailbreak. Although I managed to bypass it on my phone, but it was quite hard. It's however being said that iPhone & older Android phones don't have good security (not to get confused with Cydia / unofficial apps malware, the problem is vulnerabilities in the OS / stock apps).

ILoveTheNorth

Post by ILoveTheNorth » Fri 14 Oct , 2016 12:11 pm

Izumo wrote: On the workplace: we can own any kind of phone, but it has to run MobileIron, which checks for hacks / unofficial firmware / jailbreak.Although I managed to bypass it on my phone, but it was quite hard. It's however being said that iPhone & older Android phones don't have good security (not to get confused with Cydia / unofficial apps malware, the problem is vulnerabilities in the OS / stock apps).
That moment when HR catches Izumo at work using unauthorised software and he gets permabanned. ;'D'D

ferg4

Post by ferg4 » Sat 15 Oct , 2016 1:48 am

I heard this "usb-c to 3,5 mm jack"-connector, lowers the signal-quality.
So I would probably not use my expensive in-ears with the new Iphone.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Sat 15 Oct , 2016 4:24 am

Nobody cares about sound quality anymore, floor standing speakers will soon be banned due to environmental noise pollution.