Possible ideas for a multi-fire Scorp.

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: Possible ideas for a multi-fire Scorp.

Post by iRobot » Sat 03 Mar , 2012 1:57 pm

Personally I think shield would work better if it was like player shielding. Absorbing a certain amount of damage then expiriing, rather than giving godlike immunity for x seconds.

PALADIN
Banned

Post by PALADIN » Sat 03 Mar , 2012 3:43 pm

Its not godlike immunity. It protects a players inside the vehicles and protects a vehicle from momentum while damage to vehicle is just reduced but not zeroed.
bOnO: Calypto, and you plan to correct all the phrases of everybody? We are not all English pros you know...
PALADIN: Aza, please continue correcting my phrases, thank you for that teaching.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Sat 03 Mar , 2012 4:37 pm

Azarael wrote:I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner, but while considering a related idea I came up with this:

Have the Scorp surrounded by small shield generators, which make the vehicle vulnerable when:

a) all are destroyed
b) one is disabled temporarily.
Umm, don't entirely understand how do you mean that to work. Like having x "ballshields" around the scorp (4 and one central)?

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 03 Mar , 2012 5:05 pm

Number could be variable but yes, I'm talking about small balls which act as the target area.

LiZaT
V.I.P. Member

Post by LiZaT » Sat 03 Mar , 2012 5:42 pm

That Sounds interesting, go ahead. :)

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Mon 02 Jul , 2012 5:55 pm

Hmm, picking off here, and the current situation. So currently we're in a botched state a bit. There are two ways EMP can follow:

A) Doomblast type. Change nitro usage from 40 to 80 and leave it be.

B) Continual type. EMP doesn't charge, your nitro starts to decrease, say at 1,5x rate of recharge. It would fire as a ray, and EMPing the target for 0.5 seconds (vehicle would recover after 0.5 seconds of the last hit, w/o recovery shield). This way you could "grapple" a vehicle and force a fight with it if close enough.

Also: currently there is "Derby Quantum" on them, which I'm going to deprecate completely (and use normal quantum everywhere), and web-launcher (50% dmg) solely for low nitro purposes, which would be removed. After that, missing weapons would be mines and repair link.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 02 Jul , 2012 6:24 pm

B.