Suggestion for Invasion

Discuss the BW-Invasion server here.
luke

Suggestion for Invasion

Post by luke » Mon 04 Feb , 2013 6:27 pm

I know that there are a lot of bugs and things to solve or implement, but i wish, according to the message shown in the home, to give you some suggestions on the Invasion gametype.

1. Decay of the abilities
Decrease the level of the abilities if the player plays (for instance) continuously for a week. They are decreased of 1 level and half of the points are given back to the player to be spent.

2. Custom key-binds
I wish to have an interface like the classic one to bind the keys easily and maybe also to set weapons priorities only for ballistic gametype.

3. New wave
One of the few times I played UT3, there were a custom gametype named "Jurassic Rage", also present for UT04; I would like to suggest you the monsters used.

Crazy Ideas
1. Remove some weapons from the Invasion gametype
I would remove laser and plasma weapons and leave only the more classic ones that reminds real weapons (AK-47, m46, m50, redwood and so on).

2. Health when revived
Get the health back to 100 when revived.

3. Defense Invasion
It was a custom gametype where the monsters spawned only from one side of the map (there were 3 big maps) and then they attacked the base of the team. Maybe you will like the idea :)

I would be glad to hear your thoughts about this, i LOVE invasion.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: Suggestion for Invasion

Post by iRobot » Mon 04 Feb , 2013 6:32 pm

You seem to be very passionate about killing demons.

luke

Post by luke » Mon 04 Feb , 2013 6:39 pm

iRobot wrote:You seem to be very passionate about killing demons.
Which ones?

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 04 Feb , 2013 7:24 pm

luke wrote:I know that there are a lot of bugs and things to solve or implement, but i wish, according to the message shown in the home, to give you some suggestions on the Invasion gametype.

1. Decay of the abilities
Decrease the level of the abilities if the player plays (for instance) continuously for a week. They are decreased of 1 level and half of the points are given back to the player to be spent.
What's the purpose? To discourage people from playing for too long or arbitrarily increase the level cap?
luke wrote:2. Custom key-binds
I wish to have an interface like the classic one to bind the keys easily and maybe also to set weapons priorities only for ballistic gametype.
By classic one, what is meant? Like the Ballistic Binds menu? Can't do anything about weapon priorities, that's a real mess, unless you want to go into the Weapons menu and set them all up yourself...
luke wrote:3. New wave
One of the few times I played UT3, there were a custom gametype named "Jurassic Rage", also present for UT04; I would like to suggest you the monsters used.
Sounds like Dinotopia. Calypto is currently crying about Dinotopia at the moment, you should take it up with him.
luke wrote:Crazy Ideas
1. Remove some weapons from the Invasion gametype
I would remove laser and plasma weapons and leave only the more classic ones that reminds real weapons (AK-47, m46, m50, redwood and so on).
I can't see any real reason to do this.
luke wrote:2. Health when revived
Get the health back to 100 when revived.
Sure.
luke wrote:3. Defense Invasion
It was a custom gametype where the monsters spawned only from one side of the map (there were 3 big maps) and then they attacked the base of the team. Maybe you will like the idea :)
It's possible.

luke

Post by luke » Tue 05 Feb , 2013 11:10 am

The purpose of the decay is to keep the game leveled. I expressed myself bad, i meant it to be gradually so that each player needs to play to keep his stats and abilities at a certain level.

By classic one i meant the one available in settings - input - configure keys, an interface that let us avoid to use console commands. A great thing was done adding the last tab in the "esc" menu in-game, "Ballistic Binds", maybe to add the new commands (use-previous-next-drop artifact, open ability menu, bind slots number 0-9...) to let us bind here the keys. It's easier but not really a huge problem.

The problem is the weapon priorities, all the weapons together for all the gametypes installed take 2 minutes to load and its rather hard to set the priorities... If you can't do anything\won't do anything since it wouldn't be worth, i will try to set them all :)

Ahahah, we will cry together then :) it was a good gamemode and explains the 1st crazy idea: to remove some weapons to make it like a jungle battle (there was a gametype but i don't remember its name) where you used only real weapons. Would make it like a "Humans vs. Monsters" but it was just a crazy idea.

The only problem with defense invasion is that there were just 3 maps, maybe you can find out a way to convert some maps to it.

This brings another old gamemode to my mind, do you know the Team Invasion? The two teams achieve points by killing each other while fighting monsters.

edit: another thing you may like to consider is to share the points by all the players who contributed to the kill (may be applied just to bosses).