Update on Forge at Feed The Beast Modpack!

Discuss the Minecraft server here.
Anhrak

Update on Forge at Feed The Beast Modpack!

Post by Anhrak » Tue 21 May , 2013 1:29 pm

(Prior thread: http://www.ldg-gaming.eu/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1716)

Good news everyone!

Sorry for reviving a subject of an old thread, but I've heard two great things.

One is an increase of popularity on the Feed The Beast modpack. I've been browsing on the 'looking for' forums, and talking to many people, and I've heard that there is a serious lot of people that are looking for FTB servers. Now that I'm aware of a decrease on popularity, it could be a very good method to let LDG stand in the spotlight a bit more, and you don't even need to advertise it wildly on the MF or PMF!

Another thing is... *drum roll*... FORGE 1.4.7 HAS BECOME BUKKIT-COMPATIBLE. A friend I've spoken with has discovered the ability (and was mindblown by it as well) to run FTB on a bukkit server and use Plugins on it, meaning that management is perfectly fine to do!

Since everyone in this thread actually preferred FTB above Tekkit, I think that this suggestion is worth a new look at, granting us the facts that FTB has become less glitchy, is now easy to manage and has more stable and balanced content to add (although, quantum can still be regarded as OP)
Only two important things to do, is 1: at the requirement if player activity is rising hard, is to disable the Portal Gun mod, as running many portals at a time might lag a bit, and 2: add a /home command, as you 'may' be stuck (or you land on a place you don't want to be at) on usage of mods.