Idea Weapons/mines

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: Idea Weapons/mines

Post by Azarael » Tue 18 Jun , 2013 3:18 pm

Butcher wrote:How may we help?.. I've no experience in this, but I know a lot on programming and coding... maybe I can contribute if I am guided a bit... some code examples, how and with what to compile... etc ... offer is open :)
I appreciate the offer, but coding is not the problem. Scripting weapons for Unreal is not difficult. The content delays are because of multiple factors. Completed content requires the permission of all who worked on it to be released and one team member will not agree to release anything he's worked on unless certain conditions are satisfied, which just means that the actual general usage lifetime of these weapons is decreased. Our lone animator is also swamped with work.

If you want weapons to be released as and when they are completed, a skilled animator is a necessity and a skilled texturer would be useful. With one or both, I can cover the rest. If anyone in this community has either of those skills, let me know. If you're good and don't want to work for free, it may be possible to pool the BW community for donations, which would make for interesting statistics.

Unfortunately if no such persons are available, the outlook is poor.

CaptainXavious
V.I.P. Member

Re: Idea Weapons/mines

Post by CaptainXavious » Tue 18 Jun , 2013 6:27 pm

For Sgt. Kelly's pack were looking at about 6 weapons needing to be modeled and animated and about as many that are modeled needing animations to some degree.

Coming up with my own designs isn't hard, however coming up with designs to meet certain specifications is considerably harder. Some weapons have perfectly good designs and concepts but were designed not by one of the modelers. Without thorough concept art it is pretty tough to visualize them as a fully 3d model (at least for me), slowing down progress.