Ut2mdl-tux help

You need help? It's here!
darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Ut2mdl-tux help

Post by darkelf » Tue 28 May , 2013 9:03 pm

Download: http://www.gamefront.com/files/855905/Tux#

Its a ut2003 skin that I have used in the past in ut2004 without any problem. (yes it has no sitting animation.. boohoo)
But currently I can't get it to work.. From all the sites I have read it should work just fine. (Just place the utx/ukx/upl to the right folders)

Ut2004 log is showing that it can not find the material for the head/body.

Code: Select all

Warning: Failed to load 'NULL': Can't resolve package name
Warning: Failed to load 'Material None.': Can't resolve package name
Warning: Failed to load 'Material tuxtex.3_1': Failed to find object 'Material tuxtex.3_1'
ScriptLog: TeamSkin not found None
Warning: Failed to load 'Material tuxtex.3_1': Failed to find object 'Material tuxtex.3_1'
Log: Master server assigned our MatchID: 0
The texture pack uses lots of shaders and that's beyond my understanding as how to get the correct texture name into the upl so I'm kinda clueless.

Would love to use/edit the skin's textures but atm I can't figure out why I can't get the skin to work now. Any help would be appreciated thanks!
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

CaptainXavious
V.I.P. Member

Re: Ut2mdl-tux help

Post by CaptainXavious » Tue 28 May , 2013 11:15 pm

Have you opened up the .upl file for it and made sure the textures in there point to the right file names?

Oh oops, I see now. I'll give it a quick look tonight if no one else does first.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Mon 29 Jul , 2013 2:05 pm

So after messing about the other day i have discovered that the skin kinda works time to time.. No matter what if i go online it dosen't work. But when I host my own game it works sometimes.

So I looked at some other skins url's and realized where ut2k4 differs from ut2k4. And fixed it by finding the head texture and body texture.

=(DefaultName="Tux",Mesh=Tux.Tux,species=xGame.SPECIES_Merc,Sex=Male,BodySkin=tuxtex.3,Portrait=tuxtex.pic1,Aggressiveness=+0.1,CombatStyle=+0.1,Tactics=+0.5,Ragdoll=Alien)
to

(DefaultName="Tux",Mesh=Tux.Tux,species=xGame.SPECIES_Merc,Sex=Male,BodySkin=tuxtex.2,FaceSkin=tuxtex.3,Portrait=tuxtex.pic1,Aggressiveness=+0.1,CombatStyle=+0.1,Tactics=+0.5,Ragdoll=Alien)
The skin will now work online and offline. However.. I have an odd problem.. The body texture is now backwards..

So my question has changed. How do I get the textures to 180? I can't find anything in my searchs of google.. but then again I'm probably not using the correct search words.

Any help would be appreciated!
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 29 Jul , 2013 2:08 pm

Walk backwards?

;'D'D

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 29 Jul , 2013 2:08 pm

That texture was probably made for a different version of the model, which means the UV mapping is different. In my estimation, you are buggered.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Mon 29 Jul , 2013 2:25 pm

iRobot wrote:Walk backwards?

;'D'D
Try drawing some eyes in the butt :D ;'D'D ... troll2
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Mon 29 Jul , 2013 3:00 pm

Azarael wrote:That texture was probably made for a different version of the model, which means the UV mapping is different. In my estimation, you are buggered.

Yah.. so bassicaly im at the point now that if I want to fix this I might as well start from scratch..

Oh well ill consider learning how to make my own model/texture from scratch

Will probably take me over a year to learn but ill make it a hobby.

Thx for the help

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Mon 29 Jul , 2013 7:43 pm

The BadgerBadger skin with shader textures never worked right, either